Australian Man Acquires Permanent Jerks and Stutters After Taking One Ecstasy Pill

Australian Man Acquires Permanent Jerks and Stutters After Taking One Ecstasy Pill

“Doctors can’t believe I’m still alive — (I’m) so grateful I’m still here. It’s a waiting game at the moment to see whether I’ll have a permanent jerking like I have now — as you can see — and with my stutter I’m not sure whether it will go or get better any time soon.”

All of this from Jordy Hurdes, a 20-year old Australian man who almost died after taking a pill he believed to be ecstasy, in a recent night of fun.

Hurdes, who was previously a healthy young man, is now living day-to-day as doctors don’t know whether the damage will be long-term, or if it will eventually fade on its own, or with therapy.

“Going out and having fun is all good and well,” wrote Hurdes, in an online plea to have his story heard. “And taking party drugs (pills, pingas, googs) seems like a fun option and you don’t think anything life changing could happen to you. Please please please don’t take the “cheaper fun” option, because you never know if it could (have) happened to you.”

Hurdes isn’t the only Australian to have been hit hard from taking ecstasy. In a worse twist of fate, in November of 2014 19-year-old Georgina Bartter died after an adverse reaction to an ecstasy pill at a Sydney music festival.

The party drug known is ecstasy in pill form and Molly in the newer powder form produces feelings of increased energy and euphoria when taken.

Ecstasy is popular at parties and raves and can cause overheating and a rapid heartbeat, increased blood pressure and dehydration, and potential kidney or heart failure.

 

 

Facebook Comments