Rate Dr. Lee Mendiola

Dr. Lee Mendiola's Ratings

I wish I would have take the time to review the reviews of the doctor's staff. I've complained several times to the doctor about the rudeness and unprofessionalism of his staff and he downplayed it as if I was reading to much into it and to just ignore them. I continued to see him because I felt he was a great professional. Unfortunately, because of the rude and disrespectful treatment of the girls that work the phones and reception I finally said enough was enough and left. The doctor had asked me to write a positive review for him last year and I am searching for the post I did to provide an update. No doctor should EVER tell their paying patience to ignore the rudeness and unprofessionalism of their own staff and continue with the status quo it's a contradiction. Other professionals in his field of work also have heard complaints of his staff. I wish the girls in the office knew how their bad behavior is hurting the image and business of their boss. And for the boss to allow it to happen, why in the heck would I want a doctor to treat me when he doesn't even know how to treat himself. I'm out. Done with contradictions and disrespectful rude ignorant people. Not on my dime or time. I'm out!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Never in over 25 years of seeing doctors have I ever been treated with such rude behavior. His staff is absolutely appalling. They are rude unhappy people. I have written two letters and called several times and the office staff has either not delivered my messages or the doctor is not responding I hand delivered letters. These were simply questions since I could not get help from "Melissa". She has hung on on
Me several times. I actually had one tell me she had spent to much time with my insurance company and my case and she could not help me and I would just have to pay out of pocket. Since this time I have left two personal messages for Dr. Mendiola. He has not returned them. I am not sure how to report this or to whom but l plan on following up . Since I have read so many reviews of a similar story I know that I am not overreacting! I was seeing Dr. Baloraman but she is just a pawn and I fear is not able to stand up to him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2552873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

In honesty I never got to see Dr Mendiola due to the office staff he employs. They come off as though they are doing you a favor by setting an appointment failing to realize that I'm not just a patient, but a customer. In the mental health industry it is vital that patient feel some level of trust in their doctor & office staff. When that is ruined at very outset you are left to wonder if the staff is a direct reflection of the doctor. This was an upsetting experience.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2353931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Mendiola and his staff are excellant! I have been seeing Dr. Mendiola for sometime now and he is wonderful. If I have any problems I know I can call his office and he will speak with me and resolve my problem. Even when the office is closed you can be assured he will answer your call within minutes. I have recomended Dr. Mendiola to friends and they have had the same experience. He is a GREAT Doctor! Very professional and compassionate. He treats you like a person, listens, helps and gets you out of a bad place you might be in. He is excellant and so is his staff!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

Dr. Mendiola is a terrific physician, has a keen mind and an all around nice guy. He is able to bring his own experiences into the treatment room and as a result breaks down the natural barrier between patient and doctor. He listens well, I trust him and can easily recommend him with confidence. What I like most about Dr. Mendiola is that he makes suggestions and recommendations with options. He is not pushy, he just shares his professional opinion which I appreciate. In addition, I have had a good experience with his staff; I have been in the waiting room when he speaks to them; he is always respectful and they seem happy. The office is well run and always on time which amazes me, especially because he always takes the time to chat a bit and make me feel welcome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I have seen him before and returned last year. The person I thought he was prior does not seem to be the professional deal with now. He seems extremely insensitiv about individual situations and is all about writing a perscription which have NOI helped and on to the next. I cant help but feel that he was NOT about my well being but his pay check....looking for a new dr. now

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][361867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

This guy only cares about money. I booked an appointment and was early showing up..they made me wait 35 minutes and when I asked what was up..they said that they book the appointment 30 min early for new patients so that they will have enough time to fill out paperwork..but it normally dosnt take people 30 minutes to fill out paperwork. Then when I went in he seemed a little insensitive and cold. I didnt feel comfortable so I ended up leaving after 15 minutes and said this wasnt a good fit for me. He didnt even give me a perscription or anything so I was shocked to see a bill from my insurance for $350 that he charged them. He didnt do anything for me and we both agreed that I find someone else. So now Im disputing the bill...obviously this guy is just out there to make some quick dollars and dosnt really care about the patient. I couldnt believe he charged me that much when he didn't even give me a perscription and I was out of there in 15 minutes...who does that?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361871].votes_count ]]