Dr. L. KATHLEEN Posey

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. L. KATHLEEN Posey has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does Dr. Posey want to do Endrometrial Biopsy on most patients?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3587238
26/10/13 5 5 5 5 When I read some of these negative comments.I had to write. Dr. Posey may not be warm and fussy. But people she deals with whiny woman all day.For God sakes!I can barely handle myself once a month. She saved my life. Sternly insisting I get a colonoscopy. Not wanting to return to her office without getting it done.i had a precancerous polyp. The dr. Told my sister when I was out of surgery" your sister saved her life by getting it removed".I would of Never had that embarrassing procedure done, if dr. Posey was warm and fussy.i had no symptoms. I own and run 2 companies I dont allow anyone to talk to me sternly except dr. Posey, because I know if I don't listen to her I wouldn't feel as well as I do. So ladies be my guest go somewhere else less time for me to wait in the lobby.. I didn't even mention the fact that she is a person who might have her own health problems or issues. Geezz give her a brake. she is smart and accurate trusting & caring .  Respond
RID: 2852399
12/09/13 4 4 5 5 I'm over 50 and have been looking for a hormone expert. Dr. Posey was sympathetic and extremely knowedgable. Not only did she fix my hormone issues, but also corrected my sexual dysfunction and stress incontinunce with one procedure. Amazing!!! I've told all my friends to see her as soon as possible.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2705716
10/07/13 5 5 5 5 Went to see Dr. Posey for Bioidentical hormones. Was very easy getting an appointment. Dr. Posey listened to my complaints and started me on new treatment that helped with all my hormonal symptoms. Would advise any woman with hormome problems to go see Dr Posey;
Respond

10/07/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2287848
24/06/12 5 5 5 5 Amazing doctor who took a long time taking my history and answering all my questions. The most up-to-date, holistic doctor in the area. Highly recommend!
RID: 1556270
07/10/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Posey saved my life. I had a fistula and had seen 2 other obgyn's who failed to diagnose my problem. My surgeon who did the repair told me this. I highly recommend her.
RID: 1447926

23/05/11 2 1 1 1 The nurse practioner was awesome but as far as everyone else had to reschedule my appointment at least 3 times because they did not schedule my appointment in the books. Loud and you could hear them talking and hear clients names through the window and doors. As far as the Dr. she blew me off and shoved me out the door when I was trying to ask me questions. Terrible! I will no longer be going there.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1233842
21/08/10 4 3 5 5 DR. POSEY WAS GREAT!! I TOOK MY DAUGHTERS TO HER AND SHE WAS AN ASSET. YES THE WAIT TIME IS A LITTLE LONGER THAN I WANTED TO WAIT BUT I AM A GUY WE DON'T LIKE TO WAIT LONG..BUT WAS IN AND OUT OF THE OFFICE IN ABOUT AN HOUR EACH TIME I TAKE THEM. I WOULD TELL ANYONE TO GO SEE DR. POSEY.
RID: 1182094
03/06/10 2 1 4 4 I had my annual exam and waited over an hour and Dr. Posey suggested some lab work, I asked how much it would cost me and she said 88 for the entire visit, so I said ok and had bloodwork drawn there and left. I returned a few weeks later for results and waited about 90 minutes, and was only helped when I asked if they had forgotten about me. No apology was made by any staff, in fact they said I looked tired and they had noticed I fell asleep reading my book. After this I got a bill from the lab saying I owed 100, and so I called and was told my deductible had not been met and then I called Dr. Posey's office to convey my confusion and they said they were only talking about the tests they read in the office and that they have a sign that tells patients this, but apparently if you ask how much they don't point out the sign and so the estimate is misleading. I will not be back.  Respond
RID: 1169911
14/05/10 1 1 1 1 horrible doctor, does not talk to you like you are a human, she thinks she is better than anyone else, makes you wait an unreasonable time to see her. she thinks her time is more valuable than anyone else. would never go back. if you are thinking about going to her... stay away
RID: 1144041
06/04/10 1 1 1 1 18 yr old daughter saw her today, besides waiting for 2 1/2 hrs she was in the room less than 1 minute and her cell phone rang, and she walked out to talk. Then came back in and hurriedly completed a pap smear. My daughter is still a virgin and she didn't give warning of inserting the speculim and my daughter told her omg that hurts and she said oh it will be over in a minute. She was just totally rude, unprofessional and horrible bed side manner. I would not recommend her to anyone. I will not go again.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1140158
31/03/10 1 1 1 3 So was in Posey's care and while she was not warm and fuzzy, I decided that was fine, because she was thorough. SHe actually is one of the few doctors that believed me when I told them I was having hormone issues (I was 35 at time). SHe helped me with that. Then things took an ugly turn. I had an abnormal pap, went in for a colposcopy which she never really discussed with me and then scheduled me for a LEEP and just said, "You do not have cervical cancer, don't worry". Now here's the kicker...She terminated Cigna and her office thought it was terminated 4/1/10 but CIgna had it as 3/1/10. I went in March 29 for my LEEP and i got there, waited 25 minutes, they pulled me in a room and told me insurance woudn't cover it but I could pay them $500 to still have it done..I said no, asked for my medical records which they wouldn't give me and left. They had the records in their hands but Posey said, "THIS IS MY OFFICE, NOT YOURS,"...I'm under a new dr's care and am MUCH happier...
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1139683
30/03/10 3 3 5 5 Dr. Kathleen Posey has been my doctor for 27 years!! She has always been up-to-date on the best treatments & procedures. And I know because being retired medical professional, I am one educated & picky patient (-;! Also, she has always treated me with the upmost respect, kindness & love.Plus, she has a delightful sends of humor !!!! I recommend her to everyone I know or meet that are looking for an excellent, experienced doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1101071
08/02/10 2 1 1 1 After waiting for 45 minutes in the waiting room, where the receptionist's window constantly stays closed but has a sign instructing patients not to knock or tap on the glass (what if I need something?), I was finally taken back to a room after having someone without an appointment who walked in AFTER me be "squeezed in" ahead of me. I was left to wait for another 25 minutes. The doctor was unfriendly and didn't seem to care about the reason for my visit. I walked out, telling the doctor, her nurse, and the receptionist about my disappointment in the customer service and care I received, and then told them I had no desire to become a patient there. I would advise anyone to avoid this doctor at ALL costs. I thought my experience was awful until I read the other reviews on here. Now I think I'm lucky to have followed my instincts, because I clearly dodged a bullet. She should not be practicing.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1053571
09/12/09 5 2 4 5 Although my appointment was rushed due to a heavy volume of clients, I supposed, Dr Posey did make great efforts to explore my concerns with fatique, and other perplexing symptoms that I was experiening. She gave me some helpful treatments and advice.
RID: 1026956
05/11/09 1 1 1 3 I tried to go in a few minutes early for my 9 am appointment on Sept 1, 2009, but the door had not been unlocked and there was no one inside the office yet. At 9, the staff entered, unlocked the door and at 9:45 I was taken into the Doc's office where I waited a few more minutes. Dr. Gilotra was quite rude to me and ignored my requests for weight loss recommendations or prescriptions. I had seen Dr. Posey the year before and she told me I would get the results of my PAP by phone regardless of what they were [good or bad]. I received no call and no written results. At my appointment this year, I told the nurse this and she said "I think the lab sends the results in the bill." YOU "THINK"?! I receive a bill from Posey's office and call to ask why they did not bill my insurance, they said my insurance was billed and responded that I was not covered at the time of service [BS]. It turns out they keyed in something wrong and have billed me 2 times since for the same visit. Never again
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 967034
19/08/09 3 3 1 3 The first time I saw Dr. Posey she was friendly and helpful. The 2nd visit she walked in, didn't look at me, only at file, was so rude in the way she talked to me, I asked her if she were angry at me. She was completely surprised and said no, just so busy. Am now in process of finding a doctor who I can talk to. Would not want her to be with me if I were really ill.
RID: 946135
24/07/09 1 1 1 1 Absolutely the worst office experience of my life. No communication...no phone calls returned to the patient...improper coding on insurance so they did not pay...GO ANYWHERE ELSE... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!
RID: 810301
04/03/09 5 4 5 5 Have Been a Patient of Dr. Posey for many years! Very pleased with her and her office staff!Excellent care during and after many difficult pregnancies. Would reccomend her office highly to anyone!
RID: 781523
04/02/09 1 1 1 2 Very very very poor attitude and very unprofessional. Rude, surly, accusing, judgemental, insulting. Made me wait forever for every appointment, couldn't remember she's ever seen you before even if you had 10 visits. Doesn't read the questionaire sheet, just asks you the same questions every single visit. Cursed my mother out on the phone for inquiring information with the same attitude she was receiving from the Dr. Sent me to the emergency room unnessarily, luckily they sent me home before the information went through so I didn't have to pay. I've never heard a good thing about the woman and I worked in the hospital where she practiced and knew all the doctors and nurses, she and her staff should all be fired. I've never had a problem with a doctor in my life ever ever ever. She consistently had a bad attitude and treated everyone around her like they were worthless and stupid and were lucky she allowed them in her presence (staff and patients included).
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 759252
08/01/09 1 2 1 1 Dr. Posey should not be allowed to practice. After lots of research I found that I have every symptom of PCOS. I saw that Dr. Posey advertised that she specialized in treating PCOS and other hormone disorders. During my visit I explained all of my symptoms and told her my concerns. I was told that if I lost weight my symptoms would disappear and that I should buy her weight loss drink and then she walked out of the room. When I received a second opinion I was immediately put on medicine to start treatment. Posey's office staff is the worst. They are extremely rude. I just received a bill that is 16 months old and it was never given to my insurance company. Because of the age of it my insurance company refuses to pay so I am stuck with the entire bill.
RID: 710191
26/10/08 4 4 5 5 Courteous and accomodating staff. Got my daughter in on short notice. They were helpful and kind.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 634576
09/07/08 1 1 1 1 As much as I hate to see other people being treated the way I was, I am glad I'm not alone. This was my first and last visit to Dr. Posey. After making an appointemnt a month in advance, I was kept waiting for over three hours. I casually mentioned this to her when she finally saw me and she said "Leave!" and opened the door. I should have done just that but I guess I was in shock. I asked her to just give me my pap test as I'd waited for so long. Her response was to start yelling at me then, saying "I have too many patients, I don't need this". It escalated to the point that I was actually frightened for my safety. Uncharacteristically, I didn't even yell back. She was so out-of-control that I was dumbfounded and just wanted out of there. Should someone who verbally assaults and intimidates their patients be allowed to practice?
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 526241
28/02/08 2 2 1 1 I was left in the examination room after having a cervical biopsy, and the staff locked up, lights were off, and I just barely "got out before I was locked in for the evening. I was told the nurse would be in to tell me when I could get up and get dressed, that never happened. I've seen the "Doctor" twice, and I will NOT go back there. They called and left the results of the biopsy on my answering machine AT WORK. Before the biopsy I was given a "local anesthethic" in which "the Doctor" didn't give time to work, and immediately performed an EXTREMELY PAINFUL biopsy. I should have known not to return after my initial visit (because the Dr. I went to see had left the practice with NO NOTICE TO ME WHAT-SO-EVER) and Dr. Posey didn't spend anymore than 7 minuets with me, slapped a hormone patch on my hind end, and told me to go to the desk. When I called a few days later to let her know I couldn't afford the RX, I was basically told "tough".
* - Rating left by a registered user