Rate Dr. David H. Kim

Dr. David H. Kim's Ratings

Simply put... Excellent. Explained issues clearly and took great care to cover all options. The time he spent with us seemed limitless. Our expectations were high going in to the appointment but they were far exceeded. His admin Carissa is excellent and very helpful. Terrific experience.

Submitted July 27, 2013 | flag

I had a spinal fusion with Dr. Kim in 2005, with excellent results. More recently, I had two back to back surgeries on my back. At first, he felt I would never walk again, yet after speaking with him, he had great expectations for me and felt I could do it. I spent four months at Spaulding Rehab, and now I'm walking. The man is a genius. I cannot recommend him enough. Seriously, he's the best. If you need back surgery, he's your man. He's kind and caring and called my wife to update her on my situation, as she was ill at home. Five stars for Dr. David Kim!

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Kim saved me. I had lost the use of my right arm due to nerve compression. My spinal fusion surgery gave me my right arm back. While I am in some pain still, being able to write and play drums again is such a gift and I will always be thankful to him. He was easy going and made me feel comfortable every time. He rocks!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

Excellent MD! Great bedside manner, straight foward with answers, takes time to know his patients and background to help get them back on their feet, amazing punctuality. Respectable to his patients and very specific with his rehab. Had surgery with him, he calmed all fears before surgery making a usually unpleasant experience positive.

Submitted July 17, 2012 | flag

I am very thankful to Dr. Kim. After my back injury 10 years ago, I never thought I would ever be the same again. I saw many specialists and no one was able to help me. It is now five months after my spinal surgery by Dr. Kim and I never thought I could feel this good. I played golf for the first time in 10 years. I am going to ski this winter. I can't wait to catch up on everything I missed the past 10 years. If you need spinal surgery, go see Dr. Kim first.

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kim was very knowledgeable and helpful with my surgery. It was a difficult operation and he pursued to make it complete and successful. All calls made to the office were returned promptly and with concern. I felt he really cared about me as a patient and person. My pain is relieved and I felt it was all due to his wonderful work. I would recommend him to others looking for back pain relief. His bed side manner was wonderful and this was important to me since this was major surgery.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

He may be a talented surgeon--as I wasn't a surgical case I don't know. An since I wasn't a surgical case he had no time for me. I'v had several health problems and have been to many doctors. He gets a 10 for arrogance. Basically told me that I was wasting his time as it wasn't surgical and there was nothing he could do for me. No suggestions or other recommendations.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kim is great! Ruptured a disc and had excruciating pain for months. Tried all kinds of pain medication, therapy and a spine injection without any relief. Heard great things about Dr. Kim from a friend at work and got referral from my PCP. Surgery took less than an hour and I woke up feeling unbelievably better. Completely recovered in less than 2 weeks! Very grateful!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2010 | flag

Dr. Kim saved me from unnecessary surgery! I went to see another doctor for neck pain and was told that I needed emergency surgery or I would become paralyzed. Fortunately, one of my friends insisted that I see Dr. Kim before having the surgery. It was hard to get an appointment because he was booked for several months, but I got my PCP to call his office for me and got squeezed in. I feel so lucky that she did because he did a thorough examination and told me that I didn't need any spinal surgery at all. He diagnosed me with another condition altogether and sent me to another specialist for the right treatment. I got a complete recovery and shudder to think that I almost had dangerous and unnecessary surgery. If you can, you should see Dr. Kim before having any kind of spine surgery.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

I hope Dr. Kim is a better surgeon than he is a person. He seemed to care less if he helped me or not.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag