Rate Dr. Theodore A. Goodman

Dr. Theodore A. Goodman's Ratings

I'm Sylvia Brown, 51 years old. Dr. Goodman helped a condition called RSD for me and changed my life. Electro Convulsive Therapy was the treatment. Normally used for depression,when meds won't work. Although not enough research has been done, it works for many people with RSD. This has enabled me to have a full life again. He's an excellent doctor. Sylvia M. Brown

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2011

In the beginning of my depression, I was under the care of a Psych. who tried many anti-depressants and combitions of such. After a few months of this treatment, I ended back in the Psych. hosp. The overall effect was 30 lbs.! This treatment was with 4-5 hosps. a year! Finally, my psych. gave up on me, and on a visit to SUTTER psych. I met Dr.Theodore Goodman. OUr first conversation, he mentioned ECT, and with much objection from me I said,"NO WAY!" When I realized my orig. psych. had given up on me, I trusted Dr. Goodman. One of the first things he did was a thyroid test, and found me hypo-thyroid.After 1 yr. on meds. I lost all 30 lbs.!My trust and confidence in Dr. Goodman grew imensely.I still had my doubts about ECT. Dr. Goodman always had words of encouragement. I found hospitalizations fewer and fewer.In fact, in the last 5yrs. under DrG's care,only one hospitalization has occurred.I would refer him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2010

I had adult onset depression that was misdiagnosed by other doctors as bi polar disorder. I had many different anti depressant and other medications, and I ended up curled up in a ball in my bedroom for over a month, unable to eat or bathe or get dressed. As kind of a last resort, I turned to ECT, the idea of which scared me. However, it has given me my life back. I still have small, short bouts of feeling down but nothing like the debilitating depression I suffered before. And, yes there has been some short term memory loss (searching for words for longer than I would like) but on the whole it has been very positive. Dr. Goodman has been nothing but kind and helpful and compassionate. I would recommend him highly. Just go to his waiting room and talk to the other people there, they will tell you he does great work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2010

ECT helps pull you out of depression however, Dr. Goodman may continue to give way, way, way too many treatments. One should receive between 6-12 treatments and he gave me 63. I began complaining at every treatment that my memory was continuing to get worse but he would just pat my hand and tell me not to worry. I trusted him and now I've lost huge chunks of my long term memory and am still working hard to recover my short-term memory. ECT can be good, Dr. Goodman can be bad. Just be careful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][361954].votes_count ]]