You may also like

Rate Dr. Robin Cottle

Dr. Robin Cottle's Ratings

I have had high intra-ocular pressure for 20 years and endured a sad succession of disinterested ophthalmologists that presided over my remorseless slide into glaucoma with endless tests and no effective action. I found Dr. Cottle on ratemds.com and asked for a referral. On my first visit in April 2014, he marched me into a procedure room and performed an iridotomy that immediately reduced my IOP from 55 to 16. He rapidly coordinated further referrals to a retina specialist (Dr Hugh Parsons) and glaucoma specialist (Dr. Paul Mackenzie) — both are excellent — and eight months later I have had a trabeculectomy that has reduced my IOP to 10 without having to use drops and cataract surgery and saved the sight in my right eye. If on-time appointment-keeping is important to you, go somewhere else. If you want a knowledgeable, experienced professional, see Dr. Cottle. He is a first-class ophthalmologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

My 1st visit with Dr Cottle and both my wife and I were extremely pleased with the overall level of professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Dr Cottle himself is very good. The office staff requires a little more tactfulness when they are describing a potential problem. Being told "you could go blind" by office staff is totally unacceptable. Wait times are not acceptable. Every appointment is overbooked. Why this is done when they could book another day is a mystery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I started seeing Dr. R. Cottle since I had been diabetic.This has been about 15 years. He checked my eyes for any problem that affects my eyes due to being diabeticonce a year. His examinatios are very thorough and detal. So far my eyes are good. I highly reccommond Dr.R. Cottle for any eyes problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

This doctor was a Godsend. Was referred to him by my GP when he suspected MS. He listened very carefully and told me there wa something very wrong and helped rush through a CT and MRI that originally were supposed to take months. I told him my neurologists appointment was a 14 month wait and he said, "Let me make a call on your behalf." My appointment was moved to the next few weeks. Was very pleasant and helpful, and made sure I didn't have to wait for a year wondering. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Cottle himself is awesome, I have been seeing him since 1996, he always explains what is going on and all the options available. The wait time and efficiency of the staff is very poor. I have never been treated with disrespect by the staff but their poor attitude and overbooking is extreme. It always seems to be hurry up and wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Exceptional Doctor. Very knowledgeable, professional, and has great people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I can't say anything bad for Dr. Cottle or the stuff, but I could have spent so much time waiting, and that's sometimes annoying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Cottle for about 10 years and find him to very thorough. Willing to check into something he is concerned about. I have never had a problem with the staff and would recomend him to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2010

Dr. Cottle is by far the best eye doc I have ever seen. Very knowledgeable, kind and honest. It's true the wait time is always too long. The office staff are ok... a few are not very nice but not all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1146564].votes_count ]]