Rate Dr. Paul Whidden

Dr. Paul Whidden's Ratings

I had a breast augmentation done by Dr Whidden a week ago. I have never been so satisfied with any other investment - apart from my education/career path. Even though I previously had a consultation with another surgeon, I was always certain I would want Dr Whidden to perform this procedure.

In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a more skillful, knowledgeable and meticulous plastic surgeon in Calgary who strives for perfection at all times. I am still very early post-op, but I can already tell that my results are going to be perfect and very natural, exactly what I wanted. Dr Whidden's approach is professional and to the point, and I appreciated his honesty regarding my anatomical limitations. If you come into consultation with your mind made up on the specifics of the surgery and what you want, do yourself a favor and trust Dr Whidden with any recommendation he makes. He really is an artist at what he does.

As for the staff at MTPS, they are exceptional. Vanessa, Trista, Dalyce and Brooke are incredibly friendly, hard working and professional ladies who are truly dedicated to their patients. This is a very emotional surgery, and you will likely have a lot of questions, concerns and fears. They will patiently address all of them, and will do everything to make your experience as positive as possible.

Lastly, I would completely ignore some of the extremely ignorant and ridiculous reviews below. It's disconcerting to see that some people are completely devoid of common sense and the concept of "realistic expectations" associated with a medical procedure. I would highly recommend Dr Whidden and his clinic to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2737841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I had my consult with Dr. Whidden this morning for a BA. Him and his staff were great, I didn't feel rushed, he was friendly, efficient and let me ask all of the questions that I wanted to. I booked my surgery while I was there only have a 3 week wait until the new girls :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

i had a consultation yesterday, very disappointed. he was in rush, and doesn't listen to what i want, i will never deal with him again

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2713392].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

worst doc ever... rude stuff, zero bedside manner, and the before/after looks the same

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2713384].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Whidden and his staff at MacLeod Trail Plastic Surgery. First off the staff were super friendly and helpful. Before, during and after my breast augmentation they where there every step to help in any way they could. Dr. Whidden was amazing to deal with and gave me exactly what I wanted. I would recommend him 100% to anyone and can guarantee you won't regret it! I had the best experience and honestly couldn't ask for any better :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I had Breast Reduction Surgery November 2014. I am so pleased with the results. I was treated very well by Dr Whidden from the very beginning ( consult right through to the 6 week check-up). His work is simply amazing, I was worried about scars and can barely see them. He and his staff were wonderful, I recommend him for someone wanting this surgery done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Whidden and all of his staff . If you want sugery book your appointment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

This review is not just for Dr. Whidden but also the staff at MacLeod Trail Plastic Surgery (MTPS) who helped me before and during my breast augmentation (BA) procedure.

Starting with Dr. Whidden: I cannot say enough good things about him. I’ve had several procedures done by him. Two of those were corrective, were done nearly a decade ago, and are not related to my BA. He remains professional and approachable at all times, even if you have an unfortunate/odd sense of humour like I do. He’s very knowledgeable, he loves what he does, and he does it well – this much is obvious. When I first consulted with him over a decade ago, he was much friendlier; however, he’s been doing this for a while and understandably his bedside manner has changed a little bit. He remains polite as long as you don’t misunderstand him; in those instances, sometimes he can be a tiny bit frosty. This is par for the course for most doctors so I wouldn’t take it personally. I’m very happy with the work he has done for me up to now, including my corrective surgeries. I am now 11 weeks out from my BA date and could not be happier about my results, given what I started with. I also had fillers done by Dr. Whidden a week after my BA, and he gave me a huge discount! This was because the fillers were for corrective purposes, but I still thought that was really nice of him. The fillers are holding up really well which is awesome.

Regarding the staff at MTPS: Dalyce answered all my pre-BA freak-out emails – and I freaked out a LOT, because I booked less than a month before my BA was scheduled. Despite how annoying that must have been, she was very helpful. On the day of my surgery, a nice lady named Brooke greeted me and escorted me to the waiting room. Victoria, the Recovery Room Nurse, was simply amazing. She told me about aftercare, my medications, answered any lingering questions I had, and took great care of me when I woke up after surgery – she even wheeled me out my boyfriend’s car and buckled my seatbelt for me! The Operating Room Nurses, Tammy and Amanda, were also very friendly and made me feel comfortable while my IV and anaesthesia were being administered. Dr. Patel was also amazing and made sure that my anaesthesia and painkillers were properly taken care of during my surgery. I actually had a migraine the day of my surgery, but there was nothing painful about my experience at MTPS. Everything went smoothly and I was perfectly comfortable before and after my BA. Trista, though I never actually met her (I think?) was very helpful when I contacted her by email for some quick questions post-BA. I would definitely recommend Dr. Whidden and the staff at MTPS to anyone looking to get cosmetic surgery!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2675931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

im 2 weeks post op for breast augmentation and I am very pleased. The entire experience was great and I always felt comfortable. Dr. Whidden is very professional, knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. All the staff was friendly and quite fun! I would recommend him 1000x over!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I have nothing but fantastic reviews for Dr Whidden and his staff. Brooke at the front desk, Vanessa his nurse and Dr Whidden are all very friendly and caring. My breast augmentation was a year ago and I am very pleased. Before choosing Dr Whidden I went to two other surgeons.
I choose Dr Whidden for his thoroughness and he answered every question and concern I had. The office and surgical facility is top notch!!! I would absolutely recommend Dr Whidden!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2659803].votes_count ]]