Rate Dr. Maged Bakhet

Dr. Maged Bakhet's Ratings

I was admitted to the hospital while 39 weeks pregnant and with a horrible flu. It was my second child, so I could definitely recognize that I was having contractions. I had terrible diarrhea, and was throwing up so violently I actually threw up on a nurse. Dr. Bakhet spent about one minute with me, and said that this wasn't my real labour, and to go home. He patted me on the head (no joke!) the nurses gave me only one bag of fluids, and sent me on my way. I was so upset by not being taken seriously that I called my OB as soon as it opened, and requested a transfer. Sadly, I went into spontaneous labour the next day, and had to go to Surrey hospital. When I got there, they discovered my baby was dead, and I had to deliver her. I was progressing very quickly, and of course it was Dr. Bakhet working that day again. He didn't even remember me as the sick girl he sent home 3 days before. He literally walked in, caught my dead baby, said a very insincere "sorry" and left. Just... Don't.

Submitted May 18, 2014 | flag

I had a great experience with Dr. Bakhet. I was very nervous about having a colposcopy done and he really put my mind at ease by taking the time to explain the procedure, and why I needed it. I did not feel rushed, and he made me feel like we had all the time in the world to talk about things, even though I knew there were several other patients he needed to see after me! I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends, and I will definitely be back to see him again.

Submitted July 20, 2012 | flag

He is a very good Doctor . I recommend him because his knowledge and character. He is very calm, positive but assertive.Office packed and you have to wait ...worth it!

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

Worst Doctor EVER! First of all, be prepared to wait over an hour past your appointment time, every time! The waiting room is always over packed. Next, although Bakhet seems to be a nice guy, as a Doctor I have never met a more incompetent Doctor. I went to see him for an emergency situation, and all he did was send me home with anti-biotics over a weekend. I ended up in Emergency. The on call Gyno couldn't believe the state I was in and said this situation should have been dealt with ASAP. I had to have emergency surgery. Stay away from this Doctor. I made a full report to my family Doctor and urge anyone else seeing this guy to ask for a new referral. Trust me, you will be sorry if you don't. Now I see the reason he had to leave Abbotsford. Gyno's should ONLY be female. Trying to get a good Gyno in Surrey is basically impossible.

Submitted July 5, 2011 | flag

He is fantastic. After 40 yrs. I finally found a Dr. who keeps the Pap Smear from being a nightmare. Anyone who is procrastinating due to bad experiences...Go to this Dr...he is polite, relaxing, with a sense of humor. He makes you feel very relaxed, and peaceful.

Submitted June 17, 2011 | flag

I have had a very poor, emotional encounter with this doctor's office. I made an appointment over a month ago for my 20 week prenatal care appointment, and took an unpaid day off from work. The day before the appointment I got a voicemail from his office clerk saying that since I hadn't called to confirm the appointment they had cancelled it and would need to reschedule. I called back at 4:20 (office hours end at 4:30) and their phones had been turned off. I left a message explaining that I had not been notified that it was MY responsibility to confirm the appointment (don't doctors offices usually call YOU to confirm??). I then called back the next morning after office hours had begun, around 8:40, and low and behold, their phones had not been turned on yet!! I called about an hour later and had a conversation with the clerk about this, and she made my cry (shouldn't you be NICE to an emotionally unstable PREGNANT woman??) Two thumbs DOWN!

Submitted May 25, 2011 | flag

Great doctor and great staff. No he is not on time but I have never got in to a doctors office at my scheduled time. Dr Bakhet is very professional and knowledgeable and his staff are great!

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag

My family doctor referred me to Dr. Bakhet because my husband and I were having difficulties concieving. It's true he is never on time and I can wait up to an hour for my appointment. But he takes his time with me and makes me feel very comfortable. He also makes sure he follows-up with another appointment. I recently suffered a miscarriage and he has been very kind and understanding even though I'm sure he has dealt with this a thousand times. I would recommend him to anyone...just be ready to be patient!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2010 | flag

I had a minor procedure done by Dr Bakhet and although it was a very painful procedure I found him to get very helpful. He made 2 different appointments with me to talk about the procedure before he would give it to me. He made sure I knew exactly how painful the recovery would be and made sure I understood everything I would need to know before booking the appointment for me. He also gave to the option of whether I wanted local or general anesthetic. I like him and have been back for a few different things.

Submitted June 6, 2010 | flag

This doctor is amazing! His bedside manner makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Having been disappointed when I saw him previously in Abbotsford, mainly due to his assistant and timing, I was hesitant to return. However, recently I saw him again due to recommendation by my doctor as he is very well known. I only had to wait 3 weeks for my appointment and although I had to wait an hour from my appointment time, his assistant was overly kind and helpful in explaining the situation. Unfortnately, emergencies do happen. I have been back for a few visits now and everytime I am enlightened to walk into that office as his assistant is so very helpful and happy as is he. He has now delivered both my kids and I see him for all the lady problems. I would recommend anyone to him for anything gynecological or pregnancy related! Koodos!

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag