You may also like

Rate Dr. Maged Bakhet

Dr. Maged Bakhet's Ratings

I was made to deliver my baby through instrument intervention-forceps delivery. I had to undergo an episiotomy because of this. This Dr. didn't suture me well and in a few days the sutures came undone and my wound was exposed, got infected. Now I have a gaping episiotomy wound that will take months to heal and I'm on antibiotics and painkillers. The worst is not being able to comfortably take care of my baby. Drs like him don't deserve to stay at any hospital. If you can't manage medical emergencies well, then you might as well give up on practising medicine. Such a shame!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2837083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Had to have an emergency surgery last night as I had experienced complications during a leep procedure at the vancouver general women's hospital. Dr bakhet knew I didn't want surgery but he advised myself it was in my best interest to do so.. but he still tried to contain my bleeding before doing the surgery. The whole surgery was maybe half an hour and it was great.. Surrey memorial er could have been properly supplied and I probably wouldn't have needed the surgery. Dr bakhet himself was great and told my parents that he would suture me instead of coterizing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Staff is ZERO Puncuality ZERO Knowledge ZERO. HE NEWER shows up on time and most of the time he is out of the office . if you have an aappointment you have to wait wait atleast for 1 hour or more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2769655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Bakhet by the Emergency doctor after my miscarriage. The office fit me in the next day. I did have to wait 75 minutes but I was just happy to be seen. For those who complain about the wait time keep in mind that he is accommodating urgent and last minute emergencies that come up and have a heart for some of the difficult situations some in the waiting room are facing. My husband and I found him kind, compassionate, reassuring and comforting. He took the time with us and even in my follow up appointment and ultrasound with him a week later he never acted rushed and answered all our questions. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews which I feel completely describes another doctor than the one I met. I felt completely looked after and in good hands. I can't thank him enough for helping me during a terrible time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Cannot say enough horrible things about this man. Gives out false, or vague information, I ended up in the hospital for days after what should have been a very routine surgery. Would never, ever see him again. Almost traumatized me out of having more children!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2712955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Be VERY careful of having any surgery by this doctor. He misdiagnosed my mom and went on to do a surgery on her. She became septic (infection spread) and had to go to the ER multiple times until another specialist finally diagnosed the problem. He did another surgery and did half the job!! My mom was in and out of the hospital and when we went back to a f/u appointment at his office, he was neglectful, did not acknowledge his mistakes, told us we didn't know what we were talking about. Would not recommend going to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Bakhet since week 34 and he has always been attentive, concerned, cautious and very reassuring. I've had some unexpected complications with my blood pressure and he has been very quick to ensure we keep tabs on everything. My appointments always take a long time but I think it is because he only works a few days a week at the clinic I see him at and he has so many patients to see. I've never been to a doctor where I didn't have to wait for ages to see them. He takes time with his patients and makes sure all their questions are answered.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I was admitted to the hospital while 39 weeks pregnant and with a horrible flu. It was my second child, so I could definitely recognize that I was having contractions. I had terrible diarrhea, and was throwing up so violently I actually threw up on a nurse. Dr. Bakhet spent about one minute with me, and said that this wasn't my real labour, and to go home. He patted me on the head (no joke!) the nurses gave me only one bag of fluids, and sent me on my way. I was so upset by not being taken seriously that I called my OB as soon as it opened, and requested a transfer. Sadly, I went into spontaneous labour the next day, and had to go to Surrey hospital. When I got there, they discovered my baby was dead, and I had to deliver her. I was progressing very quickly, and of course it was Dr. Bakhet working that day again. He didn't even remember me as the sick girl he sent home 3 days before. He literally walked in, caught my dead baby, said a very insincere "sorry" and left. Just... Don't.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2443426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Bakhet. I was very nervous about having a colposcopy done and he really put my mind at ease by taking the time to explain the procedure, and why I needed it. I did not feel rushed, and he made me feel like we had all the time in the world to talk about things, even though I knew there were several other patients he needed to see after me! I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends, and I will definitely be back to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

He is a very good Doctor . I recommend him because his knowledge and character. He is very calm, positive but assertive.Office packed and you have to wait ...worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147371].votes_count ]]