Rate Dr. Rob Gauvreau

Dr. Rob Gauvreau's Ratings

I had been suffering from a chronic Golfer's elbow for 2 years and had exhausted all other treatment options including extensive physiotherapy, cortisone shots, chiropractic ART etc. I had heard through fellow golfers that Dr. Gauvreau has been treating chronic tendon problems with platelet rich plasma injections and has cured chronic Golfers and Tennis elbows with this biological healing treatment. The procedure was performed in an expert manner using ultrasound guided imaging and although it was not covered by OHIP it was the best investment that I could make for my health. I would highly recommend this doctor and this leading edge treatment to anyone that has had a similar problem. Kudos to Dr. Gauvreau and his excellent staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. Gauvreau was very professional and properly assessed my knee issues. He provided experienced guidance and accepted my concerns and decisions. I did not experience any personality flaws as expressed by previous patients and I will seek his advise in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

A man with a huge inferiority complex. Quick to insult other medical doctors. According to him they are all wrongare but he's always right. Very rude, no manners, no "savoir vivre". Needs a major attitude adjustment. One visit, my first and last.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I thought Dr.Gauvreau was the first Dr.who seemed to know what was going on with me.I had two problems and after taking a history he was quick to diagnose both conditions.He was extremely helpful with suggestions for a referral as well.I found him matter of fact,to the point and intelligent and will certainly not hesitate to go to him again if need be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I cannot recommend Robert Gauvreau. He spent very little time talking to me--asked very few questions, even though the diagnosis was unclear. I saw him three times and each time he hardly seemed to want to take the time to sit down. His main interest seemed to be in recommnending a treatment uncovered by OHIP but would put $500 in his pocket. Once that treatment was unsuccessful, he showed little interest in doing anything else. He struck me as a very sloppy diagnostician--it didn't seem that he read the results of tests he himself had ordered very carefully--I had to remind him of what they said, and at one point after treating me, he appeared to suggest that the test results contradicted the treatment he had done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

The desk staff is horrible and make you feel like a patient checking in is an inconvenience. Dr. Gauvreau is so quick to make a judgement that he was looking at a positive scan from 5 years ago, gave advice that didn't make sense and tried to push me out of his office. It was only when I questioned that he looked at my recent positive bone scan did I realize that by recent he thought 5 years ago and not the one month old one. Course of action . . . stuff happens, it sucks that it's happened twice. No follow up . . . nothing. Physio therapist is just scratching her head.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

Dr. Gauvreau was very professional and met all my expectations. I am not medically qualified but I know that dr? Gauvreau helped me enormously. He got the right diagnostic procedure, an, ultrasound, that indicated exactly what the problem was, specifically calcification tendinitis of the shoulder. I am a sixty-year old woman who has led an active life, and my shoulder problem was making it difficult to pursue my usual activities. dr. gauvreau suggested exercises and patience, and now my problem is gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

I would add my own comments, but others have said everything there is to say. I've only experienced the ugly, bad and the worst. I would never recommend this guy. Rude, unhelpful and unknowledgeable. What a joke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2013

Dr. Gauvreau is always in a hurry. He walks in holding his clipboard and won't sit down. He always seems in a rush to move on to the next patient. He blamed the problem with my ankle on age (I was 40) and told me to take Aleve. After another visit and being told the same thing (this time he did prescribe an NSAID) I went to see another doctor for a second opinion, and this doctor sent me to get an MRI. When I went back to Dr. Gauvreau to renew my NSAID prescription he freaked out when I told him I was going for an MRI soon. He said that the MRI would cost OHIP $1000 and I didn't even need one. He was wrong. The MRI showed exactly what the problem was, and the only thing that would fix it was surgery. Good thing I got that MRI. Dr. Gauvreau then referred me to an orthopedic surgeon, and I have since had surgery and am recovering well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Dr Gauvreau was the first of many doctors to properly explain my knee problems and to give me advice on how to handle it. He is very understanding and took the time to go over my options. Result is my knee is better now than for years and I no longer take ibuprofen after every workout.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147600].votes_count ]]