Rate Dr. Rob Gauvreau

Dr. Rob Gauvreau's Ratings

I live in Quebec and I am waiting for a hip replacement. The hospital cannot do an injection to help with my hip pian for at least 6 months. I got word through a friend that Dr.Gauvreau does hip injections for athritis in his office.I was able to book the ultrasound guided injection and have it done within 2 weeks. Fast, professional and done with care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I have been seeing him for over 25 years. I consider him top notch. Busy man but takes time to listen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Excellent! He is very competent and connects on a personal level. Has helped me through 2 injuries for which I am extremely grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I cannot believe the negative reviews of Dr. Robert Gauvreau. I found him to be brilliant, caring, compassionate and always able to identify my ailments and prescribe the correct therapy regime. He deserves the highest praise. I often would wait a while to see him but that is common with busy doctors. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I had been suffering from a chronic Golfer's elbow for 2 years and had exhausted all other treatment options including extensive physiotherapy, cortisone shots, chiropractic ART etc. I had heard through fellow golfers that Dr. Gauvreau has been treating chronic tendon problems with platelet rich plasma injections and has cured chronic Golfers and Tennis elbows with this biological healing treatment. The procedure was performed in an expert manner using ultrasound guided imaging and although it was not covered by OHIP it was the best investment that I could make for my health. I would highly recommend this doctor and this leading edge treatment to anyone that has had a similar problem. Kudos to Dr. Gauvreau and his excellent staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. Gauvreau was very professional and properly assessed my knee issues. He provided experienced guidance and accepted my concerns and decisions. I did not experience any personality flaws as expressed by previous patients and I will seek his advise in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

A man with a huge inferiority complex. Quick to insult other medical doctors. According to him they are all wrongare but he's always right. Very rude, no manners, no "savoir vivre". Needs a major attitude adjustment. One visit, my first and last.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I thought Dr.Gauvreau was the first Dr.who seemed to know what was going on with me.I had two problems and after taking a history he was quick to diagnose both conditions.He was extremely helpful with suggestions for a referral as well.I found him matter of fact,to the point and intelligent and will certainly not hesitate to go to him again if need be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I cannot recommend Robert Gauvreau. He spent very little time talking to me--asked very few questions, even though the diagnosis was unclear. I saw him three times and each time he hardly seemed to want to take the time to sit down. His main interest seemed to be in recommnending a treatment uncovered by OHIP but would put $500 in his pocket. Once that treatment was unsuccessful, he showed little interest in doing anything else. He struck me as a very sloppy diagnostician--it didn't seem that he read the results of tests he himself had ordered very carefully--I had to remind him of what they said, and at one point after treating me, he appeared to suggest that the test results contradicted the treatment he had done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

The desk staff is horrible and make you feel like a patient checking in is an inconvenience. Dr. Gauvreau is so quick to make a judgement that he was looking at a positive scan from 5 years ago, gave advice that didn't make sense and tried to push me out of his office. It was only when I questioned that he looked at my recent positive bone scan did I realize that by recent he thought 5 years ago and not the one month old one. Course of action . . . stuff happens, it sucks that it's happened twice. No follow up . . . nothing. Physio therapist is just scratching her head.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1147606].votes_count ]]