Dr. S.A. Schumacher

Rate Dr. S.A. Schumacher

Dr. S.A. Schumacher's Ratings

When I went to see Dr. Schumacher about my foot, after being recommended from another podiatrist, I figured he would be able to put me on the path to being able to walk without pain again. Within a few minutes of the appointment and minimal examination, he diagnosed me with Plantar Fasciitis. He suggested 2 very extensive and incredibly expensive procedures, each upwards of $2000+. One suggestion was a custom made orthotic for both feet, the other was a surgery that inserted a wedge to keep my arch from falling. I was very reluctant to go through with either option, as almost everything I've read about PF states that stretching and exercise are the best immediate solutions. Fast forward to a short while ago and my Physio confirmed my issue with a PF diagnosis and showed me a condition known as PTTD, had I gone through with what Dr. S recommended, I'd be far worse off and far more in debt. Looking back, I had no symptoms that truly match PF, so take that as you will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

This doctor removed six of my toenails. Of the six, 4 have grown back in partially. The needles for the freezing are excruciating. I saw a different podiatrist since then who said the nails were taken out using an incorrect method. I could not face having the procedure done again because of the pain involved. I now see a foot care nurse every six weeks to help take care of these for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I have suffered from chronic and acutely disabling heel pain from Achilles tendonosis for 17years.Text of email I sent Dr. Schumacher Oct 21,2013: Dear Dr. Schumacher,I thought you would appreciate some feedback on the results of the ESWT treatments.In short, I can't believe the result! I am virtually pain free after suffering for 17 years. Walks I take with the dogs, that would normally result in week long suffering episodes may leave me feeling a bit sore in the heel or with some mild stiffness, but with nowhere near the acute pain I used to feel. I even jogged gently on a treadmill for an hour with no following day distress.It's a minor miracle. I keep waiting for the pain to return, but other than for a few twinges, it has not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and am having a hard time believing this relief could be permanent.Thank you!Best wishes.G.Orban Portland,Oregon. Prior to my visits I consulted Dr.S.by phone.V. generous w/time/candid setting expectns,probable outcome

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

I am very satisfied with the ESWT done for my Fasciitis due to heel spur in 2006 and again 2013"for my Achilles' tendon repair. It was worth it for me to fly to Surrey, Ca. Am now back to playing tennis 1 1/2 hrs 3x /wk. Although it is a painful procedure, it is "worth it's weight in gold."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Great doctor knowledgeable and personable. Always on time and very kind . I never feel rushed or uncomfortable. Staff great always helpful and pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I found Dr.Schumacher to be both knowledgeable and extremely personable. He listened to my foot complaints and recommended orthotics for me. He explained why I needed them in simple terms and how they would alleviate the pain in my feet and knees. While he casted my feet he explained his method and then went on to an interesting conversation. The orthotics took time to break in, as I was told they may, but have definitely helped take care of the pains in both my feet and knees. I would absolutely recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Schumacher for several years now for a variety of things. He has been extremely professional, helpful and very compassionate. Dr. Schumacher always took the time to listen to me, took the time to explain things, and was extremely patient. I'm a female patient and have recommended him to several friends and family and they were equally impressed. His office staff are friendly, professional and always try to accommodate you. I wouldn't hestitate to recommend Dr. Schumaher and feel very lucky to have him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

This doctor spoke about things during my appointment that made me really uncomfortable, especially being female.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

Dr. Schumacher treated me for calcification/tendinitis of my rotator cuff area (shoulder). I had severe pain and limited mobility for over two years before reading about ESWT, which he performs very expertly. The previous doctor I went to was a “sports injury“expert, and recommended surgery immediately after viewing my MRI results. I looked into ESWT and thought I’d give it a try, and I’m very happy with the results. Sure, it hurts, but it’s worth the pain to get the healing! After 3 treatments spaced one week apart I was considerably better, and after a few months I was completely healed. His staff is friendly and professional, and always on time for my appts. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

I was having a lot of foot problems. He diagnosed me with heel spurs and made me orthodics. After a months i had a second opinion and the new doctor informed me these orthodics were all wrong; a waste of 650.00. i went back to dr schumacher and he actually glued felt to my orthodic! there is no accountability in this feild and always get a second opinion before you hand over your money. they get you to sign away your rights basically as a consumer...saying they are not to be held responsible....so there is no way you can hold them accountable to rectify the situation or make changes. changes cost money....once they have yours you have lost all your negotiating power...get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1148686].votes_count ]]