Rate Dr. Ruth Bothern

Dr. Ruth Bothern's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Ruth Bothern for several years and continue to be impressed with her broad medical knowledge, warm manner, and her ability to listen and explain specifics. I am writing to say I saw her this week (November 2013) and to clarify rumours which have been circulating on and off line that she is planning to retire. Dr. Bothern assures me such is not the case and so all of us who value her can now rest easy!

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

Both wise & kind! She's simply the best! Over 30+ years she has cared for almost everyone in my family with compassion, humour and skill. THANK YOU, RUTH!

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Bothern's for 20+ years and she is absolutely the best family physician I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I am worried about how to replace her when she does retire!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

I've been Ruth's patient for 30 years and have always had excellent care. She's unfailingly pleasant, a good diagnostician and never over-reacts or over-prescribes. I've moved two hours out of Toronto but wouldn't think of changing doctors unless she retires!

Submitted April 3, 2010 | flag

My mother chose Dr.Bothern after reading an article published in the Toronto Star back in the 70's. She was also my pediatrician until she stop practising peds but is still my dr. til today. So she's pretty much known me all my life! She always greets you w/ a smile, LISTENS, gives suggestions/options, professional & personable. I agree w/ the above, it will be really hard to find a good female doctor once she has retired. However, she deserves it! Usually, after years of practice you see doctors/specialists that lose the zeal for their profession and you're treated like another number. "Here's a prescription, now get out..." Dr. Bothern has NEVER been like this ever, in all her years I've known her. Hopefully, other doctors can learn something from people like her. You'll certainly be missed!

Submitted April 1, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient for 35+ years since I was a young law student. She continues to be wonderful through a current health crisis when I have had to visit repeatedly, see many specialists and call for frequent prescription refills. So pleased she didn't retire and hope she doesn't for a long time to come.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2010 | flag

I recently move to Vancouver and was very concerned about how I would replace such a wonderful doctor as Dr. Ruth. I have been her patient for about 25 years. I agree with all of the good comments that have been made about Ruth. She has always been there for me and is also a lovely generous and gracious human being. Thank you so much Ruth.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

A wonderful doctor. Has been taking care of our entire family for almost 30 years. We love her.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2009 | flag

I have been with Ruth for about 30 yrs. now. She has seen me through the birth of 3 kids and many other events in my life. She is caring, knowledgeable and is quick to refer you to a specialist if she feels it is necessary. She always makes you feel special and never rushes you. She's the best. Sharon Nolan.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag

Patient, empathetic, knowledgeable, with a GREAT sense of humour. Don't know what I'd do without her.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2009 | flag