Rate Dr. Gordon Malcolm

Dr. Gordon Malcolm's Ratings

I understand that in emergency medicine, one can expect doctors to be somewhat rushed and busy. I had the pleasure of being seen by Dr Malcolm this evening and did not see any of that; he was excellent. He sat down with me and took time to talk about symptoms, causes, cures. He was very friendly and kind. I was very happy with my time at the Chumir. Thank you Dr Malcolm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

I had the opportunity to speak to Dr. Malcom at the Sheldon Chumir Urgent Care Center,(while waiting to be seen by one of the emerg Dr.) he'd seen my husband a few weeks earlier and we needed some information again as we had forgotten everything that he'd told us. He was getting ready to go off shift but took the time to review the information that he'd provided to us a few weeks earlier. He is just fantastic, wish he were taking patients as I'd be the first on his list.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2011

Dr. Malcolm is the first Doctor I have seen in emergency care who really took the time to understand my costochondritis pain and limitations, took the necessary tests to rule out any cardiac events and made me feel so much better. His assurance and caring manner is rare in the medical profession, let alone from a Doctor. His sensitive bedside manner made me truly feel like he cared and didn't just blow me off like so many family doctors and emergency doctors are known to do. He gave me information, suggestions and assurance and I couldn't be happier to have been in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2010

I believe that Dr. Malcolm is one of the most unique docs on the planet! He is actually in medicine for the right reasons! With his impressive bed side manner and integrity, he will quickly become a very sought out Dr. in Calgary. Very very impressed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Wow, what a refreshing and friendly Dr. His bedside manner is so refined and patient. I was seen by Dr. Malcolm in the urgent care Sheldon Chumir clinic in Calgary. Dr. Malcolm took the time to have a pleasant conversation with me, and made me feel very at ease with the severe allergic reaction I was having. He prescribed me the medication I needed, and gave me information about each thing he was prescribing. He also remembered to ask if I would need a note for work which I really appreciated. I felt so taken care of. In the past I have found Dr's sometimes seem put-out when you ask for a note for work, but not Dr. Malcolm - he actually asked ME! It would be a much better patient experience if Dr's would truly listen to their patients (as Dr. Malcolm did)rather than breeze in and out like their patients are just numbers and a paycheque. He truly seems like a man who cares about his job and his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Malcolm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2009

My family was recently in the Medicine Hat emergency department with my mother. Dr. Malcolm reviewed her case. His bedside manner was professional and courteous. He offered an excellent explanation of her medical condition and prescribed medication to alleviate her symptoms. We were very impressed with the standard of care she received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1150710].votes_count ]]