Rate Dr. Leon Kavaler

Dr. Leon Kavaler's Ratings

Both my husband and I are patients of Dr. Kavaler, and we consider ourselves incredibly lucky to be in his care. Many of our friends now see him as well, and we all love him. He's a great diagnostician -- my husband after seeing other doctors and suffering years of unresolved & spiraling out of control gastrointestinal problems went to Dr. Kavaler, got a different and the correct diagnosis from him and had all issues cleared up under Dr. Kavaler's care; my husband considers that Dr. Kavaler saved his life. If you are looking for a doctor who is not only smart as a whip, but a caring doctor who really takes his patients' best interests to heart, Dr. Kavaler is your guy. The state of medicine today is such that it is almost impossible to find this kind of care anywhere. As we get older, knowing that we are in such good hands has made it much easier for us. I recommend him without reservation to anyone who needs a top notch gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Lovely man, easy to talk to. Very professional, sometimes works in tandem with his amazing wife, who is also very wonderful. Both are down to earth, easy to communicate with, are excellent at what they do and do not make you feel as if you are below them. They are sincere and do a great job with a follow-up, making sure you are satisfied. Since I am on social security, and that's all I have, Dr Kavaler was kind enough to make a reduction in my services. He's a man with a conscience, and a blessing to his trade. Thank you Drs Kavaler & Kavaler.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Leon Kavaler for over ten years, during which time I have received expert care for routine matters as well as for a number of emergency situations. Dr. Kavaler has guided me successfully through some serious crises and I trust him with my life. As a diagnostician, he leaves no problem unexplored and has consistently referred me to colleagues who are also excellent. He is simply the best.
Over the years, Doctor Kavaler has always been there for me with his comprehensive medical knowledge and moral support. During my recent sudden hospitalization, which required emergency surgery, Dr. Kavaler stopped by my room the night before to reassure me. He takes that extra personal step that shows how important his patients are to him.
Over and over, Dr. Kavaler has proven that he is the kind of doctor all patients wish they had. The same can be said for his partner, anesthesiologist Dr. Jill Kavaler. During every procedure I have had with them, they have made me feel safe and confident with their careful and extremely caring manner and the clear way they share their medical knowledge. I believe that those who trust their care to both of these wonderful people should consider themselves very fortunate. It’s rare to find such an extraordinary pair of doctors.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2611707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

I feel extremely fortunate to know Dr. Kavaler. He has been my gastroenterologist for many years, and I have complete confidence in him. I totally agree with reviewers who rate him and his team "truly 5 stars,""the absolute best." A top-notch diagnostician, he not only has treated my GI issues but also noticed a cardiovascular problem, recommended a very fine cardiologist and helped to save my life. As many others have noted, Dr. Kavaler is a remarkable physician and a remarkable human being. I recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2594467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Kavaler for 10 years and as a senior citizen I could not find a more qualified gastroenterologist in the city of New York. His associate Dr. Jill Kavaler is also an outstanding physician. Between the two of them and their staff they all make what is a tough procedure the best possible experience towards good health. They are truly 5 stars.
- Louis Brevetti

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2587139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

My son accompanied me to a consult and is hoping his out of state insurance allows him to engage with this very good doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. Kavaler is hands down the absolute best! I have seen him for over 10 years now and have nothing but positive things to say. He is thorough, compassionate, personable and extremely competent. I have trusted him with my life (so has my mother and many of my friends) and I will continue to do so. His wife Jill is also an incredible Anesthesiologist. The best team hands down.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2526316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Kavaler for the last fifteen years. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable, caring and thorough. My daughter has seen him for years a well and I have always felt secure in referring him to all of my friends, who also think he's the best. I would trust him, and have, with my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2526087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I cannot say enough of this man. He is the most professional/capable/genuinely good-natured doctor I have ever had. I am 28 years old and had an illness that could not be pin pointed....causing pain and agony for over a month. It was in my stomach, but x-rays/CAT scans/ultrasounds showed nothing. I was referred to Dr. Kavaler by a friend who had gone through a similar condition. Dr. Kavaler took my appointment, despite being booked, as an emergency. He gave me both a colonoscopy AND a endoscopy, and found an ulcer. 2 days later my torture was cured. Doctor Kavaler was easy to deal with, direct, and courteous. I would recommend this doctor to anyone! While other doctors told me I was crazy, this doctor cured me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Based on my experience, I found this physician to be condescending and very dismissive regarding my presenting gastro problem . He also did not return calls as promised resulting in my needing to call back numerous times. This necessitated my seeking the services of another Gastroenterologist who correctly diagnosed the basis for my lingering gastro issue and assisted me in understanding the symptoms and relieving the symptoms entirely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495229].votes_count ]]