Dr. Brien G. Benoit

Rate Dr. Brien G. Benoit

Dr. Brien G. Benoit's Ratings

cant comment on his ability but can on the impact he had on me. Brain surgery is critically important especially if its my brain. In my opinion this man was totally uninterested, uncaring and bored with my situation and, apparently, his. He should have instilled confidence, empathy, trust and a smidgen a plain humanity and i didnt see any of it. I imposed on this man. I bothered him. I wouldnt let him stich my little finger let alone play in my skull. You might want to talk to Toronto surgeons about Radial surgery, if your condition qualifies, its a wonderful alternative.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

If you are looking for reassurance and information from a friendly face Dr. Benoit is not your man. If you are looking to get the problem fixed this doctor absolutely knows his stuff. After almost 2 years of being housebound under narcotic pain control his surgery gave me a new lease on life. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

misled us about diagnosis - as in he was flat-out wrong. that's all there is to say really.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

This neurosurgeon is blunt and to the point with me. Im getting brain surgery done by him and thats what i want. No sugaring. Just plain old doctors prognosis with a zest of dry humor added. I highly recommend him. He is a senior surgeon with LOTS of experience and teaches at Ottawa U.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2010

I 've had 5 Brain surgeries by this wonderful doctor and he has saved my life each time . As for the bed side manners you all refer to I think you guys just don't get know how to take him he has been funny as well as straight forward with me I think he is a wonderful doctor and superb at his profession thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2010

I was diagnosed with a mestastic brain tumor in March of 09(35 yrs of age). It makes me angry to see some of the negative comments about Dr. Benoit. If a doctor tells your that you are too fat then you are too fat, After my resection I felt very comfortable talking with Dr. Benoit about my treatments. I think that he is an amazing person and this world is lucky to have him. He was right about everything and I am doing well now so myself and my entire family think that he is a superhero.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Benoit. He is very well educated in this field. I like the fact that he tells it like it is. I found him to be very professional and felt that I was in good hands. He kind of reminds me of "Dr. House". I prefer a strate to the point honest doctor like him. I deffinitly recoment him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Having read the other reviews before seeing him, was not expecting a great bedside manner, but I was expecting competence. Scans showed my mother had three brain tumors. He looked only at the scans, did not interact with my mother at all, seemed to assume that she was cognitively impaired (e.g. unable to read) because of the tumors (in fact her mind was still sharp and she was still communicating via laptop). He said that they were secondary to cancer elsewhere in the body and there was no hope even with treatment. A month later we found out that the original report about the scans said the tumors could also be due to lymphoma, which is treatable. Eventually a biopsy was done and it turned out to be still something else (glioblastoma, not treatable). Still his dishonesty caused us a great deal of distress. I wonder why he was so quick to write my mother off--was it ageism or sexism that made him think it wasn't worth even trying to see if she had something treatable?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2010

I have had 3 operations performed on my back by Dr. Benoit over the last 9 years. He has explained what would be done & why & what effects it would have on me. As for bedside manner, I would say he does a good job more often than not - we all have "off" days. I know he is highly respected by other physicians. Although I had a few issues with his office not responding at all when contacted several years ago, the last time I dealt with them(3 years ago) they bent over backwards to help. Three times I was in severe pain due to a degenerative condition for which there is no permanent cure. Three times he fixed it with minimal "side effects". I would definitely recommend Dr.Benoit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I had this Doctor for an Arterior Vascular Malformation (AVM)- like an aneurysm. His diagnosis was perfect and his referral to a specialist group in Toronto for an experimental treatment was timely. His only error was in telling me I had only 10 years max to live - 24 years ago. Of course, he told me that before the experimental treatment was invented. I would agree about his bedside manner and sense of humour - they're strange. When my wife and I asked if we could have sex again after my leakage he told us ok but no swinging off chandeliers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1151135].votes_count ]]