Rate Dr. Sunil Gera

Dr. Sunil Gera's Ratings

I have fibromyalgia and was referred to him and he said I don't have fibromyalgia that it's something wrong with my back. Well tell me why his back injections make me feel 10 x worse than I normally hurt inn my back. My pain scale was 10000000. I'm not going back to him

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

I had gone for years with debilitating pain. Dr. Gera was able to provide me with relief from the pain shooting down my leg. I am so thankful to him.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

Have severe pain in my back. Saw Dr Gera over a period of 8 mos in 2012. I had several nerve blocks all up & down my spine with no results. I have nerves that make my muscles "jump" uncontrollably when touched, they are that sensitive. Ive told him several times about this. He scolded me while on the procedure table telling me I better cooperate, when they jumped. He try's to belittle his patients. He is rude & doesn't listen. He spent several minutes telling me about another patient whose problems had nothing to do with mine. He told me he "has problems but doesn't get mad at HIS Dr's"! He kept wanting to change my medication and add anti depressants. I didn't fill them and chose to see another specialist. They are not cooperating very well with sending my records to my new Dr. I was warned that he didn't have the best bed side manner. I thought he doesn't need to be my friend, just fix me. But I left in tears and very discouraged most of the time. Do NOT use this Dr!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Gera for several months, Had several injection for legs and back, He said that there wasn't anything he could do because he said it was muscular, He also said he would prescripe anything for me because it was in the muscles. After having also several test c-scan Nuc. bone test then having a MRI, Showed I have herniac disk he then dropped me completely, Shows it's more then muscle tention and now left with no treatment because he's not making any money on injection. Very Rude, won't listen or answer any questions a patient my have

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Rude. Tried to scare me into shots and I am glad I read all of this first because I refused shots. He was in the room with me for a minute and told me people like me had to have their arm removed...really?

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

I have been in pain management with Dr. Gera for 5 years and have found him to be extremely helpful, concerned and considerate, along with his staff. Dr. Gera added so much to my quality of life, I cannot thank him enough. I'm sorry others have not experienced what I have, but I cannot say a bad word about Dr. Gera he has helped me to be able to work this past 5 years. I trust him.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2011 | flag

Horrible experience! Staff is as rude as you can get on the procedure side of his business. I "quit" this doctor after a horrible experience with his staff. Effects of the "quit" morally questionable by my compass. I would never send a friend or relative to this physician.

Submitted July 20, 2010 | flag

I'm a new resident to the state and needed a doctor for my back pain management. I brought Dr Gera all medical records, prescriptions, MRI's and X-rays from my previous Dr. Once seeing Dr. Gera he immediately changed my medications to Methadone and Reglan and set up two treatments and said if they didn't work he would refer me to a neurologist. I went in over the course of a month, had the most excruciating painful experience of my life during the treatments. On the follow up visit he wanted to do more treatments to which I refused and asked about a referral to a neurologist. Needless to say he refused to fill the medication's unless I continued with his treatments and did not get a referral. In my opinion, No More! Thanks to the others who had the courage to post on this site. I regret not finding this website sooner to avoid this horrible experience..

Submitted Nov. 26, 2009 | flag

Extremely rude. I have chronic migraines and he told me to deal with them, because "no one has ever died from a migraine." He only gave me 3 mins. of his time and didn't care what treatments I had been through previously. I cannot put into words how rude he really was.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2008 | flag

I was referred to this doctor for pain management for my back. First visit he recommended Epidural steroid injection. I told him I had a reaction after the first one and ended up in the ER. Made me quite sick with no relief of pain. He said he would prescribe reglan for my stomach and scheduled time for injection. I told nurses all the way through process I got deathly ill after last injection. They continued. I was told I would be sedated for injection. I was not. Most painful experience I have ever had. I felt ever move of that needle in my back. Next day I had a severe reaction to injection and had to go to ER. They could not believe he went ahead and did injection even after I told him I had a reaction after first injection. We were herded through like cattle. His office leaves alot to be desired. No doubt where his money is going.

Submitted April 22, 2007 | flag