Rate Dr. Cyril Melck

Dr. Cyril Melck's Ratings

Dr. Melck is not worth the wait list - or the appointment wait times. With my experience his main concern is profits - he pushes new brand name drugs , and will put you into a spiral of medications that will slowly make your health decline. If you want to get caught up in his drug pushing by all means see this doctor . Otherwise I recommend seeing a doctor that can provide real help and therapy as these doctors should. Also when I was going through a very hard time and bankruptcy he had his VERY RUDE staff phone me to let me know he will not be seeing me again due to a missed appointment and the fact he is retiring . Even though I was his patient for YEARS !! He has officially checked out - and fortunately im not dealing with depression or this could have had a devastating impact . He will not be there for you when you need him. He takes 4+ vacations per year - find a different doctor who values your life as a patient and doesn't treat you like a dollar bill.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. Melck was worth waiting to get in to see. He is very professional, respectful to his patients, and cares a lot about what he does.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2013 | flag

Submitted June 26, 2012 | flag

I don't know where I would be today without Dr. Melck. He is very compassionate but tells it like it is when necessary. He's always been my cheerleader and he's the only person that I have told my entire life story too without leaving out the embarrassing secret stuff and he's just so kind. Just don't BS him and everything is great!!! Wonderful human!

Submitted May 21, 2011 | flag

I used to see Dr. Melck. He is one of the best in his field. He was knowledgable,He was very helpful, appointments were usually way behind- but worth the wait. I really like Dr. Melck, though there was a couple of negative things also- his wife Dr. Tichy was always interuppting the session to bring him beverages, and when I was really sick and attempted suicide, he lost interest in me as a patient and didn't really want to see me. In the end I was disappointed- in his care of about 5 years I tried to commit suicide once- he wasn't there when I really needed him. But I still think that he is one of the best in the field and I would not hesitate if I needed him again to gladly be his patient.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag

I have just seen Dr. Melck for the first time and I cannot believe how kind, smart,knowledgeable and caring he is. I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten in to see him. ADHD is very complex and during my appt. it was evident his knowledge is extensive. He is an inspiration to be a better person.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2010 | flag

Very knowledgable, especially in the area of ADD, ADHD and anxiety. Caring, non-jugdemental, sense of humour, Really knowledgable about medications as well - can clearly explain how medications work, and what the different medications actually do.

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

Put's you at ease.....like talking to a friend as opposed to a professional.........extremely helpful

Submitted Dec. 10, 2009 | flag

Melck is by far one of the most effective professionals in his field. I was skeptical to see a psychiatrist as I was not interested in taking medication, however I found him to be open minded, pragmatic and realistic in his approach. If your looking for a psychiatrist, and are serious about getting results, Dr. Melck is worth seeing.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2009 | flag

takes time to talk to you and never rushes. been seeing him 1.5 years...great knowledge on adhd

Submitted Aug. 3, 2009 | flag