Dr. Ercole Franco Leone

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Ercole Franco Leone

Dr. Ercole Franco Leone's Ratings

After waiting two months for an appointment, I finally had an appointment with Dr. Leone to have a cystocopy examination as requested by my GP. He was disengaged, seemed uninterested and in a hurry to leave as we had a very short, disjoined and unhelpful conversation. He did not offer any explanations, offer any helpful medical information or ask any useful questions. He said that the cystocopy could not be done that day/week, but will be scheduled for June, 2015 at Mount St. Joseph Hospital, which I was surprised and upset to hear I was then sent to his receptionist and was told that my "Surgery date" would be June 2, 2015, but a time has not yet been set, and it would be done under general anesthesia; a bladder biopsy would possibly also be done. I was told to expect a 3 to 4 hour wait in the hospital waiting room before the procedure might take place. I had to be accompanied by an adult when going home after the surgery. I was not given a choice regarding whether the procedure would be performed under general anesthesia or without, using a "numbing" gel as I wished. The receptionist ignored my objections to having a general anesthesia, delaying the procedure, and waiting for 3 to 4 hours for the procedure to be done. I was then given several forms to fill out in the lobby, requiring dr's names, dates of past medical treatments, etc. I was not told in advance to have that information available. It was overall an unfriendly, disorganized appointment that I do not wish to experience again.
My overall view is that the appointment was disorganized, unhelpful, inconsiderate and frustrating. I plan on cancelling the procedure at Mount St.. Joseph Hospital and will not again make an appointment with Dr Leone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2785241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I agree with everything positive I read in the other comments. Have been seeing him for 8 years. Wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2755056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Dr Leone is one of those special surgons that knows how to connect and communicate with patients. He respects the emotional trauma related to his specialty, always excercising safety and caution with each step. I. A few days post op from what I consider to be a delicate procedure. He was kind, straight forward and followed up post opperatively with information on the procedure as to its precived successes. I GS e been trying to understand the post opperatively complications and his front desk staff have been a blockade, with advise like call 911 or make an apt. This is a doctor I trust and would recommend him to anyone with urinary related problems.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2722539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Very personable and without pretention. I appreciated his willingness to provide the options with pros and cons and allow me to make the decision for myself as to treatment.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2676992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Over period of 2 years, I was treated by Dr leone 12 times 3 major surgeries and numerous minor. He was always helpful,informative and always available. Have not figured when he sleeps! Would not hesitate to recommend him

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2570565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

With out the details, I had a very bad accident and he saved my life. Plain and simple. Best Doctor I have ever had and is an out right outstanding person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2516617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Dr. Ercole is one the worst doctor I have ever seen. I had a problem that hasn't easy to detect. He didnt make any efforts to help me. He just went throw the motions.
His greatest advice has to "take a trip".
After 6 months I was finally able to change doctors.
Dr. Ercole is a disgrace to the profession

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I talked and visited 3 urologists in the Vancouver area. Dr. Leonne knows what he's doing and is excellent. I'm a retired pharmacist so I talked to another retired urologist I've known for 30+ years and Dr. Leonne came highly recommended. Did a great job in the diagnosis and advise he gave me. Did nerve sparing prostectomy. Did a great job. Very very pleased.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1152205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Someone called me to confirm my appointment with Dr Leone. I was confused so asked when the appointment was. The female voice would not tell me and hung up. Reading commments on staff and receptionist from past comments I believe the same nasty one still works there. So to date I have not seen Dr Leone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1152204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I asked him if I could use only a local anesthesia and he agreed in the consultation. At the hospital I was given a general anesthetic with no warning. I didn't fast or take out my contact lenses because we'd agreed I'd only take the local. Other than that I was okay.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1152203].votes_count ]]