Dr. Smiley Tsao

Rate Dr. Smiley Tsao

Dr. Smiley Tsao's Ratings

Dr Tsao is a good family doctor with good knowledge, but his schedule is often overbooked. Wait times can often be 30 minutes to an hour after your scheduled time. His staff does a fairly good job, but don't follow up with appointment calls so it's important for patients to keep track of schedule. He often recommends patients to take additional vaccination which aren't always covered by insurance, so I question whether there's any incentive on his part.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

He cares about money too much. The patient wait for him more than 2 hours, but he only spend less 5 minutes to talk to his paitent. He didn't treat his patient nicely. After visit him, I feel like he say: "swipe your health card and go". I was pregant and he promise me he will go to Grace hospital to deliely the baby, but he never show up. Later, I broke my leg and I can't walk. I need sick note from him. His staff forget to ask me to sign one paper. He asked me to go back to sign and pay the fee for sick note. I said I can't walk, can I ask my husband to pay the fee and pick up the paper to home to sign and return back to his office. Then he can give sick note to my husband. He just simply doesn't agree. He said I have to go back to his office to pick up by myself with the broken leg. For the broken leg, he only gave me 2 weeks sick note. Every body knows that is not enough for the broken leg. He wants me to come back to see him for more sick notes. He wants more money.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2012 | flag

he has just helped me with a problem that many other doctors and specialists failed to do, he's always been patient and I find him very knowledgeable, I just hope his office was closer, like it used to be.

Submitted June 19, 2011 | flag

He does not care patient at all. it takes more than 1 hour before see him, and 5 mins out. he always askes me to research myself, and delay the referal.

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

Cured my sliver infection from rubbing my wood . lololol60char

Submitted Oct. 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Tsao might not always be on time but that is understandable. Most people take up a lot of time. He has always been helpful and is very knowledgeable.

Submitted July 20, 2010 | flag

He's a very knowledgeable doctor, but VERY busy. Always in a hurry. Sometimes it feels like he doesn't take your symptoms seriously and just gives you a generic diagnosis. Or he downplays the seriousness of your problems.

Submitted July 15, 2010 | flag

He is doing something he is not capable to do and that wastes patients large amount money for earning his money from OHIP.

Submitted April 17, 2010 | flag

A very busy family doctor and average waiting time in the past 5 years for me was about 1 -1.5 hours. Usually spent only 2-3 min with me and seems impatient a bit. Had him referred me to specialists (allergy and muscle pain) twice both disappointed me very much. Recently I was shocked by the fact he refused to see my daughter who had H1N1-like symptoms. I will give him a LOW on morality and am looking for a better family doctor.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

He was good when he was just starting out many years ago - over 15+ but now he's all about #'s. He consistently overbooks patients, doesn't listen when you're in consultation with him and pushes medications right off the bat or sends you off to a specialist. Always seems distracted and in a rush to someone more important then you. Lacks bedside manner & courtesy. He was great back in the day but now he's all about the quick buck. Also, he can never seem to hire a capable receptionist or keep them if he does find one.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2009 | flag