Rate Dr. Derek Drummond

Dr. Derek Drummond's Ratings

He has been my serge on since I was a little baby, I am 14 years old now and I have had over 11 sergeries with dr Drummond and If I wasn't for him I wouldn't be here today and he has helped for years and years with my papalomas and eve. Though they won't go away I can never repay him for everything he's done for me. I've struggled with a lot of things and he's the one that made everything better

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Dr Drummond was a godsend to our family, our daughter had been bounced around and around with chronic ear infections basically every 6 weeks on antibiots since she was 9 months old, finally he saw me crying in the emergency room of ACH and approached us our daughter lying limp from fever and another antibiotic that made her sick (she was 3yrs by this time). She had the surgery within 8 weeks, both ears and it has been 2 years today. She runs, plays, jumps, swims, and has only had 1 infection since. I can never repay his kindness, if by rating him on this board someone reads this and it makes their decision to consult him easier for them then here it is. He speaks directly to your child alot and that can be off putting for some. However his relationship is and should be with the child he is treating, he answers any questions we have and I owe him more than i can every repay ..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2443666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I am 14. I was in the childrens hospital a few years ago to have my third tear duct surgery and i was really really nervous, i was in the waiting room, waiting to get brought into the surgery room, and even though doctor drummond wasn't my surgeon (doctor ashonhurst was) he seen than i was crying and it was my turn to go to the OR and he walked me down the hall, into the room, on the way he showed me the rooms in the hall and told me what they were used for. He was really kind. I have an up-coming surgery with him as my surgeon and i am almost looking forward to it. :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1155069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2014

I would highly recommend this specialist! His no nonsense approach was the perfect thing for an emotional (and sometimes irrational) mother. Dr. Drummond was patient, professional and knowledgeable. While he voiced his opinion, he was very clear about leaving the decision regarding our child's ear tubes to us. I always get a prompt call back from Dr. Drummond's staff whenever I have any concerns. While our child having surgery was a horrific experience, I never doubted Dr. Drummond's abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1155068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Dr. Drummond is wonderful...he preformed emergency surgery on my daughter on a long weekend even though it meant having to take a later flight to meet his wife in Las Vegas...that is pretty amazing

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1155067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2013

Our 4 year old had been snoring for the longest time and she was constantly stuffed up. After being misdiagnosed by GP's as having a post viral condition, we asked our main GP to refer us to a good children's ENT as we suspected an adenoid issue (runs in my husband's family). We were very fortunate to see Dr. Drummond. He took an xray and sure enough she had a very large adenoid. Surgery was booked fairly promptly and the end result is that she breathes normally now and sleeps soundly! Today she is a happy and healthy five year old thanks to Dr. Drummond. His bedside manner with her was excellent, surgery went textbook and his staff were great. I would highly recommend him as a children's ENT. I only wish he accepted adult patients!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1155066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2012

Dr. Drummond's office came highly recommended by ACH staff. He was willing to take on my daughter's urgent situation when the ENT we had been seeing had left her terribly ill for a very long time. We are now specifically asking for him to deal with our son and his ongoing chronic condition. His staff is also very responsive and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1155065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Dr Drummond is thorough, helpful, thoughtful and very caring of his patients. He always seems to be thinking of other steps to take or ideas to try when it comes to my sons wellfare. I recommend him to anyone who wants the best for thier child and isnt willing to settle for anything less.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1155064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

I felt very brushed off by this Dr. He performed surgery on my son when he was 1 and was amazing, great bedside manner and followup. Six years later back in for a different surgery and thought I was dealing with someone else. He walked out of the room when I was in the middle of asking questions, was very unapproachable...very shocking his new bedside manner. Did not even acknowledge my child or his worsening condition. So dissappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1155070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2011

Dr. Drummond performed 2 surgeries on my daugther, who was born with cognitive defect in her mouth. Her first operation was when she was 3 days old. Thanks to Dr. Drummond she is now very happy and active preschooler. I was very satisfied with his approach, explanations, the procedures themselves. He did a great job

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1155063].votes_count ]]