Rate Dr. Karla Khan

Dr. Karla Khan's Ratings

This doctor sent my sick, pregnant friend home several times after checking the baby and NOT checking her, several times!! She ended up with horrific preventable emergency surgery, and she and the now very premature baby almost died because of lack of basic care. She was absolutely incompetent, and has only not been sued for malpractice because they want to get on with their life. I will never go to this doctor and warn you never to go to her either.

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

Dr. Khan is fairly new to Lethbridge (2-3 years). I had a great experience with her, though I had a low-key pregnancy with no issues. Dr. Khan was always on time for her appointments and always greeted me with a positive demeanour and acted with some familiarity of who I was (I did not feel like just another patient). Ultimately I had to be induced. Dr. Khan was with me throughout my labor and she delivered my baby. Dr. Khan has a way about her that makes you feel at ease. This was my first child so I was a bit nervous but Dr. Khan was quite reassuring when my labor got quite intense (even when I told her I couldn't push anymore, ha ha, because the pain was horrid!. After my delivery I hemorrhaged and Dr. Khan was very prompt, precise and got stern with other medical professionals who were timely (late) in responding to the situation. I couldn't have done it without her. I hope all my babies will be delivered by her. She was wonderful!

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

She was very nice, knowledgeable, sometimes felt a little rushed but she is very busy. She answered any questions I had and over all I was pleased with the experience although when I went into labour she was not available, murphys law right. But by the time the on call GYNO was there all he had to do was walk in put gloves on and catch the baby lol so she didnt miss much.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2012 | flag

Absolutely best doctor available. Listens well and cares deeply about her patients.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

The most fabulous doctor I have ever had. She was incredible. She reassured me from my fears, knew of alternatives to use in an emergency, treated me with respect and always did everything with a smile. She is very capable and compassionate and not only does she have a great bedside manner but a sense of humor too. She wasn't always on time but to be fair, it was because sometimes she was on call and there was an emergency to run to or a baby to deliver and I understand that just as I would hope others would understand when it was my turn. She told me how to manage my pain and what to do to heal properly. The staff was friendly (I love Nanette) and kind and made going there enjoyable. The best part was how she loved my baby and made faces at her and talked to her, you can tell she really loves her job but treats it as more than just a job. Everyone I know that has gone to her loves her. I would (and have) recomend her to anyone. I can't say enough good about her. WONDERFUL!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Khan was amazing. She removed pressure from the room when I was scared and didn't know what decision would be the right one, she let me decide every course of action that was taken during my labour and was super supportive when I ended up in an emergency section. I have already recommended her and would do it again in a heartbeat. If I'm lucky enough to have another baby, I am going to ask to be referred to her!

Submitted Sept. 3, 2012 | flag

I had a c-section by Dr.Kahn in 2009 and I am going to go and have my next section done by her. She is an amazing doctor!!!

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

I found she was quite knowledgable but that only goes so far. She told me I could not end up pregnant and she hadn't even examined me yet - due to lack of time on her part. She made me wait in just a blanket over my naked nether regions for over two hours! Her attitude was very poor. Very negative indeed. I would NOT recommend her to anyone. I ended leaving that appointment crying.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Khan due to having a previous c-section. From the beginning I made it clear I wanted a VBAC. She acted as though as she was supportive in the beginning, but in time she started to really push a repeat section on me, and not out of medical necessity. Towards the end she went as far as saying that if I had my section prior to Jan 1, I would have myself a little tax write-off. In the end, I had to have a legitimate emergency section which was not performed by her. She is great to tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door, but she is far too cut happy for my liking. I will not use her for future pregnancies, nor will I recommend her to anybody.

Submitted July 19, 2011 | flag

I thought she was great; she did not provide maternal care for me during my pregnancy, we were a high-risk transfer from a rural area. I loved Dr Khan's candour and professionalism. Great doctor (and here I was totally prejudiced against obstetricians!!)

Submitted April 16, 2011 | flag