Rate Dr. Charles J. Gudas

Dr. Charles J. Gudas's Ratings

Dr. Gudas is the best podiatrist or orthopedist I have ever seen--out of 3 different podiatrists and 1 orthopedic surgeon. He reconstructed 4 out of 5 toes and bunionectomy and did an excellent job. Also, I had 1 additional surgery on my big toe. Both surgeries were professionally done and the best of 4 surgeries on the same foot. I plan to have the other foot done in the next 6 months. He and his staff have been very helpful. He is always very busy with many patients who seem to be very pleased with him. He has the knowledge and experience that make him an extraordinary podiatrist. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

I've learned over the years that docs recommended by local hospital nurses are the ones to see. My daughter had a severe foot infection, originally diagnosed as athlete's foot, but even with oral and topical antibiotics was getting worse. Dr. Gudas' office was able to work us in within 24 hours. He was extremely knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. Due to the meds Dr. Gudas prescribed, my daughter was seeing improvement in her foot within 24 hours. As my daughter does not have insurance, his office was willing to work with us, offering a payment plan that was very reasonable. Dr. Gudas was an answer to prayer, and we are extremely grateful to him and his office staff for their kindness and professionalism. I can highly recommend Dr. Gudas and his office without reservation

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

I love Dr. Charles Gudas he is amazing! what he has done for me is more helpful than I could have ever imagined! he is so kind compassionate, I love that he can remember you on a first name basis and know your issues without even looking at your file. (Even your nickname)he has a one-on-one relationship with all his patients. I love that he gives it to you straight doesn't dance around issues and gets right down to the heart of the matter in more ways than one! His expertise are unmatched,recently I have found out that I was diabetic instantly through my other issues they reminded me of the special care I needed to take of my feet as a diabetic that's above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I understand his staff has been going through changes in the last couple of years but every team needs to get all the players right and I applaud his efforts in bringing that perfect team to his office! I was a meat cutter fir 34yrs so I had many issues! Thank you Dr. Gudas & staff I recommend you

Submitted March 7, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gudas is brusque and quick, if you're looking for a professional, go to him. I've seen a lot of doctors (podatric and orthopedic) my wife and I, and as a previous med student myself, I can say that Dr. Gudas is a rarity among current low country practices, and if you want your foot worked on right, go to him. Previous reviewers have commented on how other doctors have fixed his work-- I know several family members who've had work from others fixed by him. Go doc!

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

I was deeply disappointed with the work that Dr. Gudas did on my feet. I went in to have the corns/callouses on my fifth toes treated and was convinced by him to have hammertoe correction surgery in order to alleviate the problem. Although he and his staff were kind and friendly, the surgery was of poor quality and left highly visible scars on my right and left fifth toe. What's more, no real care was taken to address my initial reason for seeking podiatric help and the nurse who took out my stiches admitted that she did not enjoy her work at his office-- and that became evident when she did not properly remove my stiches, which caused the surgical site to become infected. Based on my experience at Dr. Gudas’ office, I think it is safe to say that while he and his staff are technically competent, they seem more focused on profit than providing excellent care to their patients. If you want your feet issues to be taken seriously and done with the utmost care and quality, I would AVOID his office.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

Submitted June 26, 2012 | flag

I have had three surgeries by Dr. Gudas and find him to be absolutely the best - his office staff is 2nd to none and I would highly recommend him to anyone who ask. He is the most compassionate physician I have EVER dealt with.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

Gudas is a quack! He performed a morton's neuroma surgery on me to treat what turned out to me a tarsal problem - no connection whatsoever to the nerves in my toes! That was five years ago and my 3 small toes still ache all the time and I still have tarsal tendon problems. Avoid him!

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

I have lived in 5 states, experiencing major medical surgery in each location. I believe these experiences qualify me to critique a surgeon and staff. With each of the 4 surgeries, Dr. Gudas explained the surgery in great detail even talking to me via phone when I was experiencing anxiety regarding the pending surgery. He always displayed confidence in a most kind and considerate bedside manner. He is extremely sensitive to the comfort of his patient, ensuring that all precautions are taken to reduce and hopefully eliminate pain and discomfort. In the operating room, he respectfully takes charge. His staff, Hope and Sally, act as his “right arm” in his day-to-day office appointments. Each lady has demonstrated professionalism and promptly responded to my numerous questions. Hope gives very clear and concise pre-surgery requirements. Dr. Gudas’s reputation as being one of the best in his field have people with complex issues clamoring to be seen by the “expert”.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2011 | flag

His staff is a bad attitude, Then his nurse told my primary doctors office that my grandma pain was not real it was all in her mind. Her great toe he clipped it and now it's not healing she is a diabetic. would not recommend him to no one...

Submitted Aug. 13, 2011 | flag