Rate Dr. Charles J. Gudas

Dr. Charles J. Gudas's Ratings

Twenty years ago my husband got excellent treatment by Dr Gudas for his foot problem, so I knew I wanted to see him as soon as I had a problem. I went in about 6 months ago and he kept wandering in and out of the room, while letting a "scribe" write down what he dictated. I was given two prosthetic devices to alleviate my pain and inability to walk but no physical therapy and have had further deterioration. I will be seeing him again and will ask for a definite prognosis and more help but I think the window on solving my foot problem has closed because of my age. I don't think I'll ever really walk again any farther than out my front door and back, no walking through the neighborhood and no more exercise involving walking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

My daughter has what is called Char-cot-Marie tooth disease. She had a previous surgery, a tendon transfer, by an Orthopedic surgeon on her right foot. That surgery did not fix the problem. She was a juvenile at the time so a pediatric orthopedic physician. Since she was no longer a pediatric patient she was referred to another physician within the practice. He did not want to perform further surgery saying it was too risky. My daughter consulted another orthopaedic physician and was told the same thing. We then went on the internet and researched her problem and found Dr. Gudas. We were able to get an appointment fairly quickly. After talking with Dr. Gudas, we then scheduled the surgery. The surgery went well. Several days post surgery, my daughter had no feeling in her toes. I called the office and Dr. Gudas returned my call within 15 minutes. My daughter was on a pain pump for the first 2 1/2 days and the medicine had ran out. This let her feel more of the actual pain after surgery. Dr. Gudas told us what to do and she was able to get relief and feel her toes. This was at 8:30 p.m. on Friday night. I was quite impress that Dr. Gudas himself called us back. Dr. Gudas took the time to answer all our questions during our office visits and at the time of the surgery. I am very pleased with Dr. Gudas so far. I would recommend him to anyone that need to have this type of surgery. Dr. Gudas is very straight forward and tells you what your chances are with the procedure working.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

I am a medical professional and a patient of Dr. Gudas. I would normally not take the time to complain nor compliment on a forum like this. I must say that Dr Gudas runs a very tight ship and is a total professional as is his staff. The group is very efficient and hard working. There is not a lot of time wasted or fluff. Some patients may like or need that to feel good about a practice but I prefer to get in and get out. With Dr Gudas I have done that with great results.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2518666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr. Gudas is the best podiatrist or orthopedist I have ever seen--out of 3 different podiatrists and 1 orthopedic surgeon. He reconstructed 4 out of 5 toes and bunionectomy and did an excellent job. Also, I had 1 additional surgery on my big toe. Both surgeries were professionally done and the best of 4 surgeries on the same foot. I plan to have the other foot done in the next 6 months. He and his staff have been very helpful. He is always very busy with many patients who seem to be very pleased with him. He has the knowledge and experience that make him an extraordinary podiatrist. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2500706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

I've learned over the years that docs recommended by local hospital nurses are the ones to see. My daughter had a severe foot infection, originally diagnosed as athlete's foot, but even with oral and topical antibiotics was getting worse. Dr. Gudas' office was able to work us in within 24 hours. He was extremely knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. Due to the meds Dr. Gudas prescribed, my daughter was seeing improvement in her foot within 24 hours. As my daughter does not have insurance, his office was willing to work with us, offering a payment plan that was very reasonable. Dr. Gudas was an answer to prayer, and we are extremely grateful to him and his office staff for their kindness and professionalism. I can highly recommend Dr. Gudas and his office without reservation

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2443731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I love Dr. Charles Gudas he is amazing! what he has done for me is more helpful than I could have ever imagined! he is so kind compassionate, I love that he can remember you on a first name basis and know your issues without even looking at your file. (Even your nickname)he has a one-on-one relationship with all his patients. I love that he gives it to you straight doesn't dance around issues and gets right down to the heart of the matter in more ways than one! His expertise are unmatched,recently I have found out that I was diabetic instantly through my other issues they reminded me of the special care I needed to take of my feet as a diabetic that's above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I understand his staff has been going through changes in the last couple of years but every team needs to get all the players right and I applaud his efforts in bringing that perfect team to his office! I was a meat cutter fir 34yrs so I had many issues! Thank you Dr. Gudas & staff I recommend you

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1157225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Gudas is brusque and quick, if you're looking for a professional, go to him. I've seen a lot of doctors (podatric and orthopedic) my wife and I, and as a previous med student myself, I can say that Dr. Gudas is a rarity among current low country practices, and if you want your foot worked on right, go to him. Previous reviewers have commented on how other doctors have fixed his work-- I know several family members who've had work from others fixed by him. Go doc!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1157224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I was deeply disappointed with the work that Dr. Gudas did on my feet. I went in to have the corns/callouses on my fifth toes treated and was convinced by him to have hammertoe correction surgery in order to alleviate the problem. Although he and his staff were kind and friendly, the surgery was of poor quality and left highly visible scars on my right and left fifth toe. What's more, no real care was taken to address my initial reason for seeking podiatric help and the nurse who took out my stiches admitted that she did not enjoy her work at his office-- and that became evident when she did not properly remove my stiches, which caused the surgical site to become infected. Based on my experience at Dr. Gudas’ office, I think it is safe to say that while he and his staff are technically competent, they seem more focused on profit than providing excellent care to their patients. If you want your feet issues to be taken seriously and done with the utmost care and quality, I would AVOID his office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1157223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1157226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I have had three surgeries by Dr. Gudas and find him to be absolutely the best - his office staff is 2nd to none and I would highly recommend him to anyone who ask. He is the most compassionate physician I have EVER dealt with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1157222].votes_count ]]