Rate Dr. James Powell

Dr. James Powell's Ratings

Amazing surgeon and a great human being. Orovides exceptional care and has the capability to handle difficult and complicated cases, which many of his colleagues refuse to entertain. I trust him completely

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

If Dr. Powell knows anything it would be hard to tell. Don't waist your time asking him any questions. I found him to be rude and very unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

When things go well, Dr. Powell is an excellent surgeon, and it's as good an experience as major surgery can be . Unfortunately, things don't always go well. That's when it's important that the surgeon try to be as patient as possible in order to understand what the patient is experiencing and to be sensitive to the fact that it is difficult to endure long term "side effects" from a unexpected surgical outcome. This is where things have broken down and there seems to be this attitude that although It is unfortunate that I am in the 10 percent that experience serious complications, I am now being a bother with my unresolved issues , and should just "get on with my life". Hello? As a result of complications, I have experienced some serious setbacks with "getting on with my life". Not sure how I feel about that except to say I wish I had had more information about what can happen if surgery results in unexpected complications. I would also want to know if everything possible would be done to improve that situation if possible tondo so. Now I feel like a nuisance and don't want to push the issue further . Feeling on my own with the outcome and that doesn't seem right to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

I had a total left knee replacement. Dr Powell did an excellent job. I am very happy with my new knee. I felt I was in very great and capable hands. He treats his team very respectfully. His nurse Colleen is a gem! Thank you to dr Powell, the operative team, and Colleen..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Never again, says one thing does another, so unprofessional use of hospital resources

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I have had a good experience with him and his office

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

If this was 1996 I would have given him a very high rating. I had shattered my right pelvis in a car accident. During my surgeries I ended up with infections. He decided to try packing the area with antibiotic beads in order to keep the hardware he had used to repair the injury. This worked and with work and effort I was able to not only walk again but returned to work as well. In 2011 my hip started failing. I returned to Dr. Powell and he recommended a hip replacement. I reminded him of the previous experience with infection and him having stated then that if he or anyone was to ever have to operate again I was at a 99.9% chance of infection. In January 2012 he did the surgery which went well. I went home not knowing that my kids had strep throat and of course presented with a strep infection in my surgical site. I was taken back into the hospital and under went numerous surgeries. He in the end removed my old hardware which I had already figured he would have done as soon as I presented with infection as all I had heard from 1996 on was that metal holds infection. Up until he removed 2 broken screws I remained infected and in fact ended up with multiple new infections as well. I was finally discharged to rehab after 2 months and after a month in there released to go home. While in rehab I had asked the Dr caring for me if I should have a follow up with Dr Powell and was told that there were no notes to this exte

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Honestly confused about all the positive ratings. Dr. Powell was very rude during my care under him. I had hip surgery to fix a deformity and have had hip pain ever since my surgery. I told him about my pain at my 6 month check up and he told me that my x-rays look fine and that there isn't anything he can do. Not to mention he was at least 2 hours late each time I saw him. I understand specialists are busy but thats just a little bit absurd. As some other people have mentioned, the only good thing about seeing Dr. Powell is his nurse Colleen who was beyond helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr Powell is an amazing surgeon. He repaired my hip very successfully without doing a replacement like others suggested. He knows what to do in unusual situations and has wonderful bedside manner. I wish all Dr's were more like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547420].votes_count ]]