Rate Dr. James Powell

Dr. James Powell's Ratings

I had a total left knee replacement. Dr Powell did an excellent job. I am very happy with my new knee. I felt I was in very great and capable hands. He treats his team very respectfully. His nurse Colleen is a gem! Thank you to dr Powell, the operative team, and Colleen..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Never again, says one thing does another, so unprofessional use of hospital resources

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I have had a good experience with him and his office

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

If this was 1996 I would have given him a very high rating. I had shattered my right pelvis in a car accident. During my surgeries I ended up with infections. He decided to try packing the area with antibiotic beads in order to keep the hardware he had used to repair the injury. This worked and with work and effort I was able to not only walk again but returned to work as well. In 2011 my hip started failing. I returned to Dr. Powell and he recommended a hip replacement. I reminded him of the previous experience with infection and him having stated then that if he or anyone was to ever have to operate again I was at a 99.9% chance of infection. In January 2012 he did the surgery which went well. I went home not knowing that my kids had strep throat and of course presented with a strep infection in my surgical site. I was taken back into the hospital and under went numerous surgeries. He in the end removed my old hardware which I had already figured he would have done as soon as I presented with infection as all I had heard from 1996 on was that metal holds infection. Up until he removed 2 broken screws I remained infected and in fact ended up with multiple new infections as well. I was finally discharged to rehab after 2 months and after a month in there released to go home. While in rehab I had asked the Dr caring for me if I should have a follow up with Dr Powell and was told that there were no notes to this exte

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Honestly confused about all the positive ratings. Dr. Powell was very rude during my care under him. I had hip surgery to fix a deformity and have had hip pain ever since my surgery. I told him about my pain at my 6 month check up and he told me that my x-rays look fine and that there isn't anything he can do. Not to mention he was at least 2 hours late each time I saw him. I understand specialists are busy but thats just a little bit absurd. As some other people have mentioned, the only good thing about seeing Dr. Powell is his nurse Colleen who was beyond helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr Powell is an amazing surgeon. He repaired my hip very successfully without doing a replacement like others suggested. He knows what to do in unusual situations and has wonderful bedside manner. I wish all Dr's were more like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Powell has done a left and right THR for me. There are times you will wait well beyond your appointment time to see him but he is worth it. The only downfall to this is his office is downtown and parking is a premium. He is an excellent surgeon. After having complications with my second replacement he has been great to continue follow up care. One of the greatest assets to Dr. Powell's office is his nurse Colleen. She provides exceptional care and always makes time for the patients regardless of the huge case load. Jeanette is always friendly and professional when booking follow up appointments. Overall, if you require a competent, skilled Orthopedic Surgeon, do not hesitate to be referred to Dr. Powell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1157768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Great Doctor repaired my smashed acetabulum to the point I can still ski down Delirium Dive and play tennis. Handled my panicked parents very well as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1157767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Excellent doctor. Quirky bedside manner, but I kinda like that. He fixed my ankle with no problems at all and now I wouldn't even know it had been full of screws, pins and plates at one time. And I have to mention how great his staff are, especially Colleen. You read so many bad reviews here about bad support staff but Colleen was so helpful, friendly and caring and always there when I had a question or concern. Great team here. Dr. Powell even fixed the hip of a friend of mine and he is equally impressed. My only complaint is I didn't get all the information for aftercare / follow-up when I left the hospital - but one phone call to Colleen and I had all the answers I needed - it just would have been nice to leave the hospital with that info. Now if someone could just do something about the freezing cold waiting room they make you sit in for hours before the surgery... but that's nit picking...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1157766].votes_count ]]