Dr. Varinder P. Singh

Foreign Lang: French

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 13/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Varinder P. Singh has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.8
RID: 1638878
19/11/11 5 5 5 5 This Doctor is wonderful. I had a new blockage, I was not aware of and an old blockage which 6 Cardiologists in Florida said was beyond hope. Dr. Singh looked at my tests told me to come up to New York and I believe he saved my life. He stented both arteries and I am doing well. I worked with both this doctor and Dr. Binoy Singh as the examining Cardiologist.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 779102
02/02/09 5 5 5 5 Iwas referred to dr by another dr.I was quickly admitted to Columbia where i had 6 & then 2 stents placed in my heart.Dr.Singh is kind,quick,through & very competent.Ihave total trust in him.Alicia Zourdos
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 324460
21/05/07 5 5 5 Dr. Singh saved my mother's life. He was referred by my family doctor. We were immediately sent to St. Luke's Roosevelt hospital for my mother to receive a cardiology exam. Dr. Singh was home on vacation & we had been told by his staff my mother would be scheduled for an angiogram w/in 3 days. Dr. Singh had been communicating w/ his staff thru out examination, as soon as he found out my mother's results, we were surprised to be told that he was on his way and would be at the hospital w/in 1/2 an hr.True to his word,he came, performed the angioexam. To our surprise, he completed the exam in less than an 1hr & informed us if we had waited any longer, we would have been making funeral arrangments. My mother's main arterial vein had a 99% blockage & she was due to have a massive heart attack. Thanks to Dr. Singh and our family doctor, Dr. Shyam Shivdasani, my mother is alive & well 2 yrs later following a strict cardiology regime! They both definitely saved her life!  Respond
RID: 288047
19/04/07 5 5 5 Dr. Singh is Associate Director Acute Coronary Intervention/ Vascular Therapy at Columbia University Medical Center. Another number he may be reached is 212-305-7060. He has a very compassionate demeanor and is an excellent physician. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare