Rate Dr. Emilia C. Eiras

Dr. Emilia C. Eiras's Ratings

doctor definitely helps herself too. expect $350 for your first visit. a non-refundable $200 fee is required paid with credit card before they will even schedule you. then, at time of visit you have to pay $150 plus about $200 for blood tests, and if you need any injections they are extra. they are not "in network" with any insurance companies, and they don't seem to want anything to do with them. expect to wait to see the doctor 3 weeks. all this as of March 2013... i know it is still a business and everyone needs money, but i guess i am just surprised, i was expecting they more concerned about helping people and less concerned about making money.

Submitted March 22, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr Eiras after another LLMD told me i was fine following 4 week of treatment. I knew I wasnt fine because i still had all the same symptoms. Dr Eiras took her time, suggested some tests and supplements and is going to treat me with a different antibiotic protocol. I felt confident that she knew her stuff and that i might actually get better! Her staff is nice, the wait was a little long (brought work to do) but she took her time with me. I would not go to any other doc for treatment of Lyme. She doesnt rely only on lab results and makes a treatment decision based on clinical findings too.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Eiras is an amazing doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable about Lyme and constantly is keeping up with anything new. She is the only one that helped me after years of being told nothing was wrong with me. I travel over 2 hours each way to see her and have done so since 1997. She listens to her patients and knows exactly what you are going thru. She is a very rare doctor. Dr. Eiras is more interested in helping you than any doctor I have ever been to. At times there may be an hour wait, maybe more, but it is worth it because when she is with you, she takes her time and doesn't rush you out. I don't mind the wait because I know when she gets to me, that she will give me her undivided attention. I would recommend Dr. Eiras to anyone and I have sent many people to her practice.

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Eiras is probably the best lyme doctor in the tri state area. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks and was told that I shouldn't be that sick. The hospital refused to treat me further and suggested I go to a mental hospital for further treatment. I was not responding to their treatment. I finally found Dr. Eiras and within 6 months I was almost back to my good old self again. I had had trouble walking and the weakness was overwhelming. Dr. Eiras suggested other holistic modalities along with the antibiotic treatment that really helped me recover. I went back to work and have an active fulfilling life again. THANK YOU DR. EIRAS. Her daughters and her sister in law who is her nurse are wonderful and give off a real family atmosphere. I feel very comfortable going to see Dr. Eiras.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2011 | flag

After being mis-diagnosed w. MS for two years, I found Dr. Eiras - by chance. She was my final hope before giving in and accepting treatment for MS. Thank GOD I found her. She is genuine, sincere, & a great doctor. I have been on her treatment for 8 months and this is the best I have felt in 2 years. The wait is long but well worth it for she has given me back my love for life!

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

Caring, effective, thorough. Aggressively treats Lyme and does so in a manner that can bring you back to good health again. Other doctors simply said, "you're not responding to treatment, you'll have to live with the disease."

Submitted June 29, 2010 | flag

She can be kind of goofy with the finger pull test. But if you are suffering from Lymes she is more open to working with you. Many doctors do not even accept the existence of long-term lyme disease. You have to take some responsibility and do your own research. Plan to wait 3 hours in the waiting room so when it takes 1.5 hours to see her you will be happy.

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag

Dr Eiras is an Excellent Dr. Her knowledge with Lymes is excellent. She is constantly researching all medical and holistic ways of battling this aweful disease. She spends time with you, talking to you and listening. You have to wait a while. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. Her daughters are very polite and nice. BTW: Her husband passed away because of LYMES DISEASE. So you can believe she is researching and tackling every aspect of this disease...BTW I've been bitten 2x...I felt like I was at deaths door...she gave me the correct dosage of med. and also herbal meds. and vitimans. After 2wks I was feeling 100%. I highly recommend Dr Eiras...

Submitted March 7, 2010 | flag

I went to several doctors regarding my Lyme disease. I was very ill, my blood tests were positive and I had had the rash at the bite site. She was the only doctor to prescribe a stronger antibiotic regimen than the literature recommended. After several months I felt well again. That was 13 years ago and I never relapsed again.

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag

She really knows her stuff. If you are having problems with Lyme, or suspect that you may have lyme, I would set up an appointment with her. I was assured by many doctors that I did not have lyme disease, but my symptoms kept returning and were getting worse. I went to an appointment with Dr. Eiras from a reccomendation, and I was very glad I did. 2 months into treatment, and I am already feeling MUCH better. Some people noted that her staff are not the best, but I had no problems with them. They are all young women (I believe they are her daughters.) They were very nice if you are nice to them. I think the problem is that some people expect to be waited on when going to the dr. They are not your personal servant! Dr. Eiras is great! If you were bit by a tick (or suspect that you have, I would schedle an appointment just to find out if you are ok). The sooner the treatment starts the better.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2010 | flag