Rate Dr. Kenneth Romero

Dr. Kenneth Romero's Ratings

When I refused to let him stick needles in my neck he started yelling at me. (This procedure is not FDA approved and there is a chance of being paralyzed.)He became so rude I had to leave. It was so obvious he was only interested in making money off me and not my care.

Submitted May 10, 2014 | flag

Dr Romero is a good Doctor. He really tries to listen to you and take his time with his patients, which is why the time thing is a lower rating for me. During surgery he is very supportive, I am a total panic when it comes to needles and he was attentive to my needs along with making sure I had enough sedation AND TISSUES to complete the injections. I would recommend him to my family and I will go back to him for as long as I am in California.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

I really like Dr Romero. He is professional and has always helped me with my pain. I have been his patient for nine years and would recommend him to anyone who is in need on a pain specialist. My mother is also his patient and would also recommend him.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Romero is a very caring, smart and cutting-edge pain dr. The experience in anesthesiology makes his precision with injections, stimulator placement, radiofrequency nerve modulation/lesioning, spinal epidurals, and/or any surgical procedures precise and effective. These procedures are done w/o a lot of poking and prodding, and there are more effective results due to exact placement. I have done all of the above; more than once. Romero is my 4th pain doctor. He's the first to have successfully managed my pain.He's not God. I'm still in pain, every second of every day, taking pain medication, every 4 hours, having injections and procedures; but, for the first time, I am not suicidal. I am happy. I can work, travel, make dinner, and I smile. Most complain about the wait, but if you're hurting & need to see him and he's booked, he will see you. He won't rush. You will feel like his only/favorite patient.You should always call and ask if he's running late & if so, what time should you come.

Submitted April 22, 2011 | flag

Dr.Romero didn't routinely review information sent to him regarding this patient.Because he was not current re: patient information,he repeated the same questions and comments each time the patient had an office visit.Blaming the patient for information that he had, but had not reviewed was common.Making assumptions about patient pain levels because the patient didn't overtly cry or scream about her pain,was also common.Dr. Romero seemed frustrated any time specific questions were asked him about fibromyalgia and back pain.His response was usually the same: prescribe Oxycodone and do back injections.It was also very difficult to get prescriptions refilled,as the doctor,was not routinely available to OK refills,even though the office staff stated that it had given him the refil requests. In summary, if you want a physician who takes the time to familiarize himself with your case and wants to work with you in trying to resolve your pain issues, DR. ROMERO IS NOT THE DOCTOR TO SEE.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

So unhelpful. No options, just tried to stick a needle in me. NO real discussion either. Poor bedside manner

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag