Dr. Y. Behelak

Rate Dr. Y. Behelak

Dr. Y. Behelak's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Behalek at a walk-in clinic in Montreal when I was pregnant with my first child and I feel so lucky for that referral - his "treatment" fit my personality perfectly. He is really no-nonsense. Example: one of the first statements he made is that I was pregnant, not sick, not diseased, so I would not be treated as though I had a "condition". HOWEVER, when I got to the delivery room, the brusque manner went out the window. He was a complete gentleman. First of all, he is one of the few who still delivers babies of the mothers he's seen, rather than having the doctor on call deliver. I felt like this was what he lived for. (He delayed a long weekend to the country to come in and deliver my second child). He was kind and considerate when I was in the labour room. He was also very good with the nurses and residents. This created a positive and pleasant atmosphere. It was obvious that the team loved working with him and I felt like I was in good hands.

Submitted July 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Behelak was the first gynecologist I had seen in my life. He didn't make me uncomfortable. He is blunt and will sometimes say things that 'prude-ish' women might get all offended over. The reality is, he sees female genitalia in different conditions, day in day out. When he makes comments about sex, condoms and all that, it's for you. Even when it sounds explicit. If that throws you off a chair, seek someone else. He took time to explain things to me. He even insisted that I take care of my hormones and to be careful about doctors and prescriptions. He has been insistent in the past about birth control, but in the end its up to you. He's a nice experienced doctor. It really bothers me that some of the reviews on here describe him in a way that almost makes it seem like he did something to them. If you think his test hurts, try elsewhere.I've been to a women's health center and it was worse.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing this doctor for nearly thirty years..sadly he moved to the US but he moved back a few yers ago..He is a gentleman and an excellent doctor..I have recommended him to many friends and they all love him.He is knowledgeable...and so kind.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

Dr Behelak m'a suivie durant toute ma grossesse et somme toute, il a été excellent. Il est un peu bourru et autoritaire à l'occasion, mais c'est un très bon médecin. Il a été vraiment super durant l'accouchement; très calme et compréhensif, et il m'a aidée à garder mon calme. Il est par ailleurs resté avec moi jusqu'à minuit, même s'il était de garde depuis le matin. Oh, et il a un sens de l'humour un peu particulier, auquel on apprend à s'habituer, hahaha. Bref, j'ai beaucoup d'estime pour le Dr Behelak et je suis contente que ce soit lui qui ait mis ma fille au monde. <3

Submitted Sept. 4, 2011 | flag

excellent doctor he help, comprehensive, until the end I'am really happy and lucky to have him as a doctor

Submitted Dec. 28, 2010 | flag

very rude and never allows you to finish your sentence. His ideas are the only ones that matters

Submitted Sept. 12, 2010 | flag

He scarred me in more ways than one. Stay away from him. It's been years ago and I'm still too upset to talk (or write) about it.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2010 | flag

he is excellent, from beginning to the end. even after done with kids, I still see him

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

Dr.Behelak is the best he delivered me 23 years ago and now hes delivering my second child to bad i didn't get him for my first child he is always on time for his app unless he is delivering a baby and that's another thing he will always be there for his deliveries no matter what time it is.He's such a nice man and takes good care of his patients.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2009 | flag

I am seeing Dr. Behelak at the moment, expecting my 2nd child. He delivered my 1st and he was great. He was very calm throughout the delivery (at 3:40am!!) which in turn calmed me down quite a bit. The delivery was easy thanks to him! I am now seeing him again, expected to deliver May 2010. I like him and he answers my questions but he's ALWAYS late. I usually book for 9:20am and he doesn't call me into his office until past 10:30am and I am always rushed to get back to work. I also feel very rushed when I am in the office and I feel like I can't ask questions because he doesn't have the time to answer them. All in all, I like Dr. Behelak but after this baby (which I hope will be my last), I may find another gyn to for my yearly visits.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag