You may also like

Rate Dr. Y. Behelak

Dr. Y. Behelak's Ratings

Shame on you Dr. Behelak for allowing this patient to suffer from heavy bleeding fibroids, at times hemorrhaging, for 9 years without suggesting even one alternative or treatment. The only suggestion given was to wait for menopause when the fibroids could possibly shrink. Shame on me for not finding another doctor sooner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2801228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Best Dr to look after you, ever. He is caring and takes the time to answer your questions. Karen, his secretary, is helpful and accommodating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

Dr. Behelak and his staff are so rude. They are not welcoming at all. He sent me to have some tests done and told me not to call him that he would be the one to call me. I have been waiting 5 weeks for the test results. I end up calling , which the secretary was so rude. It seems in order to get my results I have to be the one to call for them. This is the first gynecologist that done this, my former gynecologist would call me right away when they get the results. I won't recommend this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2709111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Behalek at a walk-in clinic in Montreal when I was pregnant with my first child and I feel so lucky for that referral - his "treatment" fit my personality perfectly. He is really no-nonsense. Example: one of the first statements he made is that I was pregnant, not sick, not diseased, so I would not be treated as though I had a "condition". HOWEVER, when I got to the delivery room, the brusque manner went out the window. He was a complete gentleman. First of all, he is one of the few who still delivers babies of the mothers he's seen, rather than having the doctor on call deliver. I felt like this was what he lived for. (He delayed a long weekend to the country to come in and deliver my second child). He was kind and considerate when I was in the labour room. He was also very good with the nurses and residents. This created a positive and pleasant atmosphere. It was obvious that the team loved working with him and I felt like I was in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr. Behelak was the first gynecologist I had seen in my life. He didn't make me uncomfortable. He is blunt and will sometimes say things that 'prude-ish' women might get all offended over. The reality is, he sees female genitalia in different conditions, day in day out. When he makes comments about sex, condoms and all that, it's for you. Even when it sounds explicit. If that throws you off a chair, seek someone else. He took time to explain things to me. He even insisted that I take care of my hormones and to be careful about doctors and prescriptions. He has been insistent in the past about birth control, but in the end its up to you. He's a nice experienced doctor. It really bothers me that some of the reviews on here describe him in a way that almost makes it seem like he did something to them. If you think his test hurts, try elsewhere.I've been to a women's health center and it was worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1160667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

I have been seeing this doctor for nearly thirty years..sadly he moved to the US but he moved back a few yers ago..He is a gentleman and an excellent doctor..I have recommended him to many friends and they all love him.He is knowledgeable...and so kind.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1160666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Dr Behelak m'a suivie durant toute ma grossesse et somme toute, il a été excellent. Il est un peu bourru et autoritaire à l'occasion, mais c'est un très bon médecin. Il a été vraiment super durant l'accouchement; très calme et compréhensif, et il m'a aidée à garder mon calme. Il est par ailleurs resté avec moi jusqu'à minuit, même s'il était de garde depuis le matin. Oh, et il a un sens de l'humour un peu particulier, auquel on apprend à s'habituer, hahaha. Bref, j'ai beaucoup d'estime pour le Dr Behelak et je suis contente que ce soit lui qui ait mis ma fille au monde. <3

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1160665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2011

excellent doctor he help, comprehensive, until the end I'am really happy and lucky to have him as a doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1160664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2010

very rude and never allows you to finish your sentence. His ideas are the only ones that matters

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1160663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2010

He scarred me in more ways than one. Stay away from him. It's been years ago and I'm still too upset to talk (or write) about it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1160643].votes_count ]]