Rate Dr. Ira M. Stein

Dr. Ira M. Stein's Ratings

Dr. Stein was not interested in hearing about our child's medical history. He appeared willing to help but basically gave us the run around. I would not recommend this doctor.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr.Stein worked on preformed surgery on both my kids. My daughter had her tonsils taken out & my son had tubes placed in his ears. I've never meet such a caring staff. Truth be told I wish Dr.Stein & his team we're my kids' primary physician. I've had follow up calls after the surgery & no question was a dumb question NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I ASKED!!! If you want you kids to have the BEST, than look no further then Dr. Ira Stein & his staff!!! Your children will be in GREAT HANDS!!

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

He's the second Dr. I saw after the other ENT Dr. that was extremely rude and very rushed. Dr. Ira Stein put me at ease and seemed very trusting.Dr. Stein is an excellent Dr. with great bed side manner. He explained everything in detail and also gave me options on treatment. He's great with kids. Office staff was also friendly and professional as well.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2013 | flag

I was a former patient of his at the Veterans Admin. He left his unexpectedly(?), and didn't notify me. One occasion he had refused to give me antibiotics for sinus infection- it progressed to pneumonia. He was very judgmental/nosey about my psychiatric condition and my compliance with said treatment. He was only my GP, thus it was none of his business. I told him of my former alcoholism, active decades ago. Later he accused of "opium" addiction due to opiates in a urine test from a poppy seed bagel. I retested clean, but forever carried the stigmata of a junkie. This gave him unwillingness to address my pain from a previous back fracture. He was as an arrogant correctional doctor. He has worked at Hospice too: I would doubt his compassion.

Submitted July 28, 2013 | flag

After numerous ear infections with my son, we were advised by his Pediatrician to consult an ENT, as tubes were probably necessary. We met with Dr. Ira and he recommended alternate treatments instead of tubes. He was very knowledgable and explained in lamens terms what was going on. It was very refreshing to have a Dr appt that was on time and not being rushed. I highly recommend Dr. Stein!

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

I went to see Dr. Stein for Vocal Cord Paralysis/Vocal Cord Dysfunction. I had many questions in regards to my breathing, I didn't feel rushed, he took his time to explain what was going on with my vocal cords. I was a bit apprehensive about a procedure, his nurse assured me that it wasn't too abrasive, she herself underwent this test so she knew first hand what his patients felt during the procedure. With a staff like that AND a doctor who's not only compassionate but extremely knowledgeable in his field, I walked out of his office not only "fully" understanding my ailment, but with a renewed sense of hope as well. I must also add that I was seen by a leading doctor in Boston who made me feel LESS THAN ZERO. I was belittled by him, made to feel as though my questions were absurd and I left Boston with no answers.

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

He did my 10 month olds surgery. Very nice doctor. He made me feel at ease through the process. I knew my baby was in good hands.

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

Very friendly staff. They did a great job taking care of my 12 month old. Dr. Stein recommended ear tubes and an adenoidectomy for my son who has had numerous ear infections since he started day care. He suggested we try nasal spray for a few weeks first to see if that worked. He was very friendly and tried to make my son laugh and make us feel comfortable with the proceedure.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

I love how he is with my child and nice caring person and great at what he dose I recommed him to eveyone

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Dr Stein is an excellent doctor. I happened to choose him because I didn't like the first one I took my son too. He made my son very comfortable, explained everything he was going to do and just was all around awesome. If you needed to call him he would call you back even if it's the evening. Dr Stein is great with kids and when my son was nervous for his surgery at St. Marys he made him laugh. I could go on forever but you just dont run into doctors that take the time to explain options you could take. Trust me I visited the other ENT's around here and he was the best.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2008 | flag