Rate Dr. Nate Lavens

Dr. Nate Lavens's Ratings

I love Dr Lavens! He removed 2 stones that I had for over a year (that ER doctors left), and really puts me at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Went in for a vasectomy. Great doc. Easy to talk to. Good bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

fantastic doctor but follow up left a little to be desired

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Great bedside manner. Removed stone and installed stent. No pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

A great and very friendly doctor. The only problem is reception, which is terrible. They require you to play phone tag with them in order to get an appointment: most times when you call, you go straight to an answering machine that tells you not to leave a message because they won't check them. There's no indication what hours they actually answer phones and it is entirely up to you to keep calling them until you happen to get the receptionist. It is terribly disrespectful of patients' time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Just went through lethbridge er with large kidney stone that dr lavin was going to remove that night. An emergency in the or meant I had to spend the night in the hospital. He was prompt the next day and I went home shortly after noon. He has an excellent bedside manner, was polite, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I have 2 more small stones and he said his office will contact me to do more testing as to why I have all these stones. I highly recommend him. He truly puts you at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I first met Dr. Lavens in the hospital after fighting a kidney stone for 12 days...he was a God send for me! Booked me in for a room, and was on the list for surgery as soon as they had an OR open. He was funny, kind, yet serious, and so very easy to talk to. He sent me for loads of tests to try to find out why I was getting stones. (this was my 5th attack, previous doc just gave me pain meds) Before he even had all tests complete, he called me and had me come in for follow up. He had figured out what was wrong with me just by running the right tests and saw that something wasn't right with my blood work. He was quick to order more tests to confirm what he thought was going on. He has a great bedside manner, and took the time to explain all my results. He then referred me to a specialist in Calgary for my next surgery to fix my problem (hyperparathyroidism) I would recommend him to anyone. He ROCKS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Having been through a nasty experience due to a kidney stone, I was glad to have had Dr. Lavens take care of this problem. I met Dr. Lavens in the ER and my experience took us to the OR the same day. Having been one of his most difficult cases to deal with, he mitigated it. His bedside manner is next to none. I felt reassured and in good hands. He and his staff are a definite asset to Lethbridge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1161625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

We were referred to Dr. Lavens for an issue with our 1 year old son. As you can imagine any surgery with one that little is terrifying to a parent. Dr. Lavens was beyond what we could have hoped for. He made us and our little guy feel completely comfortable. His surgery was smooth and the scar is about invisible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1161624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Dr. Lavens is a an amazing Dr with an awesome bedside manor. If he is not sure what's wrong he will find out untill he knows. I had kidney stones lodged and he saved it from a bad situation.... Thank you Dr Lavens you rock!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1161623].votes_count ]]