Rate Dr. Nate Lavens

Dr. Nate Lavens's Ratings

Great bedside manner. Removed stone and installed stent. No pain.

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

A great and very friendly doctor. The only problem is reception, which is terrible. They require you to play phone tag with them in order to get an appointment: most times when you call, you go straight to an answering machine that tells you not to leave a message because they won't check them. There's no indication what hours they actually answer phones and it is entirely up to you to keep calling them until you happen to get the receptionist. It is terribly disrespectful of patients' time.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

Just went through lethbridge er with large kidney stone that dr lavin was going to remove that night. An emergency in the or meant I had to spend the night in the hospital. He was prompt the next day and I went home shortly after noon. He has an excellent bedside manner, was polite, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I have 2 more small stones and he said his office will contact me to do more testing as to why I have all these stones. I highly recommend him. He truly puts you at ease.

Submitted June 1, 2014 | flag

I first met Dr. Lavens in the hospital after fighting a kidney stone for 12 days...he was a God send for me! Booked me in for a room, and was on the list for surgery as soon as they had an OR open. He was funny, kind, yet serious, and so very easy to talk to. He sent me for loads of tests to try to find out why I was getting stones. (this was my 5th attack, previous doc just gave me pain meds) Before he even had all tests complete, he called me and had me come in for follow up. He had figured out what was wrong with me just by running the right tests and saw that something wasn't right with my blood work. He was quick to order more tests to confirm what he thought was going on. He has a great bedside manner, and took the time to explain all my results. He then referred me to a specialist in Calgary for my next surgery to fix my problem (hyperparathyroidism) I would recommend him to anyone. He ROCKS!

Submitted May 29, 2014 | flag

Having been through a nasty experience due to a kidney stone, I was glad to have had Dr. Lavens take care of this problem. I met Dr. Lavens in the ER and my experience took us to the OR the same day. Having been one of his most difficult cases to deal with, he mitigated it. His bedside manner is next to none. I felt reassured and in good hands. He and his staff are a definite asset to Lethbridge.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

We were referred to Dr. Lavens for an issue with our 1 year old son. As you can imagine any surgery with one that little is terrifying to a parent. Dr. Lavens was beyond what we could have hoped for. He made us and our little guy feel completely comfortable. His surgery was smooth and the scar is about invisible.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lavens is a an amazing Dr with an awesome bedside manor. If he is not sure what's wrong he will find out untill he knows. I had kidney stones lodged and he saved it from a bad situation.... Thank you Dr Lavens you rock!!

Submitted Aug. 1, 2013 | flag

tried to get into edmonton and would take 6-7 months, kendra at dr. lavens office had me in and done in under 2 weeks, great people, wonderful doctor and the staff at the lethbridge hospital were superb, congrats and i am glad i found this office, truly a blessing that people still care about people and that you are not just a number

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

I went in with a varicose vein in my testicle that causes constant pain. Dr. Lavens got right to the point and said you got pain in your nut? Lets take it out. He explained the options for surgery and recovery time and he couldn't have been better with me.

Submitted June 8, 2012 | flag

Referred to Dr. Lavens with prostrate reading of 5.7 no other real symptons. Biopsey resulted in prostrate cancer. Dr. Lavens very thoughtful to the point and helped me make my decision. Felt very confident and had a confortable feeling with him and a trust of sincerity. Surgery went well, some small hiccups but was looked after right away and genuine concern for me. Results have been great, cancer was just located in protrate and have two years of monituring with Dr. Lavens.He is the best, well respected by his peers and staff at the hospital. Kendra his nurse is very efficent, gets right back to you and is just a great person and very efficent. You have the best care with them.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag