You may also like

Rate Dr. Yvonne Buys

Dr. Yvonne Buys's Ratings

Fantastic service very knowledgable very helpful & friendly - fantastic person !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

In the eight years I have seen Dr. buys, for glaucoma, I have had excellent care.
She answers your questions, and is punctual. She doesn't waste time in being friendly. I don't expect that.
Her staff are great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Dr. Buys provided top quality care with clarity and direction. She often arrives early to work and will see patients who do the same, and works efficiently to reduce wait times. She is very professional and did an excellent job with my surgery. i would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2715077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

She was great twenty years ago, and was most helpful in my 2nd operation, very knowledgeable, great personalty. Would recommend her any day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

Dr. Yvonne Buys is a very rude, abrupt, and one of the most discourteous physicians in Toronto.
patients are often already stirred , and her manners add to their stress level, she may not be a social counselor but I wish she did not act like a prison guard either. She would be my last resort for an eye issue!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I am so grateful to have been referred to Dr. Buys for my glaucoma surgery. I was put at ease and reassured with thorough explanations for each step of the process. Every member of her team (the receptionist and Dr. Gonzales) were patient, efficient, kind and professional. From my observations this courtesy was extended to all patients. I know I had the very best care available. Thank you Dr. Buys and Dr. Gonzales!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

The best. Explained the type of eye problem I had and exactly how the treatment would go. I am very satisfied with Dr. buys and see no reason to change at this time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Buys is very professional and courteous. I've had to cancel an appointment due to migraines; she and her staff are very understanding; she always books a visual field test prior to my appointments and makes sure that she know, and that I know what's up. I'm very grateful for her gift. Vivienne, her assistant, is awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr Buys performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. This was done with obvious skill and a great outcome. I found her to be ultra professional, punctual and helpful. She is clearly a credit to Western hospital and the U of T (where I am also a professor). The previous remarks concerning her "unfriendliness" are ludicrous and to be ignored. Dr Buys is a highly skilled medical practitioner not a social Councillor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr. Buyes came across very professional and right to the point. I was referred to Dr. Buyes for possible Laser Surgery for increased eye pressure from Glacoma. The care I received by Dr. Buyes was very disappointing. Having worked myself as a nurse in medical clinic in a teaching hospital as well as private physican offices for over 30 years, I was well aware that there are Resident & Fellow Doctors that may see you for part of your care. On my first visit, it was recommended by Dr. Buyes and her Fellow Doctor that I would need to have Laser Eye Surgery. Dr. Buyes did not verbally explain the procedure to me. She handed me a sheet of paper on Iridotomy for me to read and told me to book my surgery. On my surgery day, the Fellow Doctor got me to sign the consent as well as he performed the Laser Surgery. I was not informed that Dr. Buyes would not be doing the Laser Surgery. Dr. Buyes did not even see me at all on the surgery day. She did followup care on me 3 weeks post-op.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162563].votes_count ]]