Rate Dr. Yvonne Buys

Dr. Yvonne Buys's Ratings

I am so grateful to have been referred to Dr. Buys for my glaucoma surgery. I was put at ease and reassured with thorough explanations for each step of the process. Every member of her team (the receptionist and Dr. Gonzales) were patient, efficient, kind and professional. From my observations this courtesy was extended to all patients. I know I had the very best care available. Thank you Dr. Buys and Dr. Gonzales!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

The best. Explained the type of eye problem I had and exactly how the treatment would go. I am very satisfied with Dr. buys and see no reason to change at this time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Buys is very professional and courteous. I've had to cancel an appointment due to migraines; she and her staff are very understanding; she always books a visual field test prior to my appointments and makes sure that she know, and that I know what's up. I'm very grateful for her gift. Vivienne, her assistant, is awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr Buys performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. This was done with obvious skill and a great outcome. I found her to be ultra professional, punctual and helpful. She is clearly a credit to Western hospital and the U of T (where I am also a professor). The previous remarks concerning her "unfriendliness" are ludicrous and to be ignored. Dr Buys is a highly skilled medical practitioner not a social Councillor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr. Buyes came across very professional and right to the point. I was referred to Dr. Buyes for possible Laser Surgery for increased eye pressure from Glacoma. The care I received by Dr. Buyes was very disappointing. Having worked myself as a nurse in medical clinic in a teaching hospital as well as private physican offices for over 30 years, I was well aware that there are Resident & Fellow Doctors that may see you for part of your care. On my first visit, it was recommended by Dr. Buyes and her Fellow Doctor that I would need to have Laser Eye Surgery. Dr. Buyes did not verbally explain the procedure to me. She handed me a sheet of paper on Iridotomy for me to read and told me to book my surgery. On my surgery day, the Fellow Doctor got me to sign the consent as well as he performed the Laser Surgery. I was not informed that Dr. Buyes would not be doing the Laser Surgery. Dr. Buyes did not even see me at all on the surgery day. She did followup care on me 3 weeks post-op.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Buys gave me excellent service during two trabuleWould recommend her at any time.ctomy surgeries.Yes, she was rather cool, but I am not looking for a best friend !! Very professional and courteous..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr. Buys performed cataract and glaucoma surgery on both eyes and has given me new vision. I had glasses at the age of 6 for myopia which increased over the years but now see distance like never before. I use reading glasses only. Also I no longer use glaucome drops.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

Dr. Buys is a very good doctor, very knowledgeable and helpful. Her secetary, Vivienne is amazing too and very dilligent and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

Dr. Buys is very knowledgeable, however, she appears to not like dealing with patients. Her demeanour is cool to the point of rude. This attitude makes it difficult in feeling comfortable asking her questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Buys has performed three operations on my eyes, two for glaucoma and one for a cataract. In every case her surgery was completely successful. Following a trabeculectomy on the left eye and the installation of an ahmed valve in the right eye, the pressure on the optic nerves has decreased to safe levels, and my vision in my left eye has dramatically improved following a cataract removal and implant. Dr. Buys is a first-class ophthalmologist whom you can trust completely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1162558].votes_count ]]