Rate Dr. Paul T. Salo

Dr. Paul T. Salo's Ratings

I had to wait a year for a 6 hour spinal fusion. Since the surgery with Dr. Salo was a major life-threatening surgery I probably sent 6 or 7 faxes to Dr. Salo's office with valid questions. Dr. Salo's personal assistant took all the faxes I sent personally and when it was less than a month for. The surgery date, the assistant had my surgery canceled. When I got into an argument with her on the phone for cancelling my surgery, she asked if I was going to be around next week, and I said no (next week was Christmas and I was off to see my sister in Kelowna), Dr. Salo's assistant thought I was wasn't going to be around next week because I was going to now commit suicide because she had my surgery canceled and the day after she called the police to come to my house. After showing the police I was flying to Kelowna and not committing suicide, they quickly left my house. I have nothing good to say about Dr. Salo or his assistant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

After having an MVA IN 2005 & Suffering 5 years in pain that was increasingly worsening Dr. Salo performed a very complicated procedure on my spine. I was 11.5 hours on the O.R. Table.THANKS to Dr. Salo I am doing much better today AND of course LAUREL ,his office assistant is the very BEST.Thanks to you both. I would want no other than Dr. Salo if any of my family/children ever needed Ortho surgery. He's the BEST !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

Awesome Dr!!! Very helpful, highly professional, the surgery was a godsend. Feeling much better now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Thank you Laurell / DR Salo 12/12/12. DR.PAUL T SALO is AWSOME couldnt ask for a better Doctor, surgery at foothills O R #8. Rod H

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

I am working in one of the family doctor's office. Our doctor has referred the patient to Dr. Salo. In order to be responsible for the patients, family doctor is in charge of following up with the status of the referral. So I called Dr. Salo's office after their triaged wait time and I was told by his staff that "do not call for status update, we won't give you the appointment date/time." So I asked how can we make sure when the patient would be seen as well as making sure when we would be able to received a consultation letter from Dr. Salo. The staff told me: "I will let the patient inform your office." Jeez, what kind of a doctor's office that let patient plays a role like this! I think it's the clinical staff's responsibility to provide all these info to the referring doctor's office. Also, referring doctor's office has the authority to requesting the status of the referral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

c4-c6 discectomy and fusion, simply a very good operation, expertly done. Thanks Dr. Salo

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Saved my life ! C6 C7 Fusion in 2001. Very difficult sugery and a great success.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

I broke my femur in an MVA and Dr. Salo was the doctor on call at the hospital. I ended up having to have a metal rod put into my femur, and instead of stapling the incision closed (which is typically done) he considered my age and that I might want to be able to wear a bikini/bathing suit gain without an awful looking scar. He ever so carefully took the time to sew up my incision by hand!! I was told that I would have to have this metal rod removed in approx, 18 months time. Because Dr.Salo was the doctor on call, I was then assigned to a reg. surgeon from the hospital for the rest of my care. Dr. Salo was so great though that when 18 months time came up I searched him out, and asked if he would consider removing the rod for me. He did a great job again, and again he sewed my incision by hand! I was up and moving around in no time! To this day even I have to look really hard to find my scar! This was when he was located in Toronto, and wish he was still. Great doc!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr Salo the best Dr that I've ever met. He operated on my back and it's much better than it was. I had to use two canes before the surjury. Thankyou from Clark Robinson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I have had a great experience with Dr. Salo. Dr. Salo is the best surgeon I have dealt with. Although I was leary about surgery, I am very glad I made the decision to do so. His assistant Laurel has always been a pleasure to deal with, although we have never met, I can tell she enjoys what she does and has a good sense of humor. I would highly recommend Dr. Salo to my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1163360].votes_count ]]