You may also like

Rate Dr. Daniel I. Shapiro

Dr. Daniel I. Shapiro's Ratings

Staff if very knowledgable, friendly and helpful, unless you question them. Then their attitude quickly changes to curt, bordering on rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was really looking forward to my breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Shapiro. First off, when I showed up the front desk said they didn't have record of my appointment, despite calling me the day before to confirm. There was one lady who was super nice and helpful, and really the rest of them made me kinda feel like I was just an inconvenience. Anyway no big deal. Dr Shapiro is half an hour late for my consult. Again, no big deal. He did some measurements, seemed to have a great attitude, he was complimentary and said we had a lot of good stuff to work with and that I've got a great body for the procedure. Yay great. He picked out some spacers, and I tried them on....I hated how they looked. I get that they're just spacers and they're over your boob and they are for size purposes - but I'm self conscious about my breasts being a little droopy and spacers made them look like they added more volume at the bottom, and I couldn't really get past that. I was really just looking for some reassurance of how they would be placed and what the result would be. Well, as soon as I mentioned the positioning, Dr. Shapiro pretty much right and there said "Listen, I'm not the guy for you". I was really taken aback. He didn't seem to like that I was asking these questions, he said theres such a thing as too much research (which is maybe possible) and that I just need to trust him and that I'm not ready to do this. He also said that it is easier for him if I had brought in a picture of somebody from Victoria's secret rather than an image that I had taken from his own website of some work he had done (which I thought was strange). I was obviously upset, and he said he was being as compassionate as he could be, and basically left the room. Didn't look at me as I walked by him as I left. The nurse sat with me for a while after my 10 minute consultation, and tried to console me. Basically just saying that he's an expert (I totally believe he is) and that you really just need to trust him. I'm certain that his work is superb -thats why I went there. But I felt like he didn't really listen to me, he didn't care what I thought, he wanted me to just lie back and let him do his job. Which is totally fine, maybe, for some people. But not me. I was surprised and upset. I will be going back to Robert Cohen, where he spent lots of time with me showing me a what kind of result I would get by doing x, y or z options. I have now built trust with him and am looking forward to a procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2826216].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 3, 2015

I have been contemplating writing this review for a while. But after much consideration I want to share my experience with Dr. Shapiro and his office staff. First off, I had had a nightmare result with another doctor in Chandler AZ. Since I am only in my thirtes I didnt want to go the rest of my life with these bad results. For my revision I really researched my next surgeon; Dr. Shapiro was highly recommended. In my consultation Dr. Shapiro was professional, kind, interested in my objective, and he was also friendly and had a fantastic personality. That’s when it gets weird. The office women were completely rude to me. It was bizarre. They whispered and were laughing about me and made rude comments about my mother, (she was waiting for me in the waiting area). I have never in my life had such an unprofessional experience at a doctor’s office. I cried in my car as I drove home. So, as anyone would do I made a complaint to the manager. A week later, because I wanted Dr. Shapiro to do my surgery, I called to schedule an appointment. I was told I could not ever be a patient of Dr. Shapiro’s. I felt completely in the dark about this experience. I did nothing wrong but complain about mistreatment by the staff. Then three years later I recommended Dr. Shapiro to my cousin, she chose Dr. Shapiro. As I waited with her pre- surgery, Dr. Shapiro told me to go ahead and schedule surgery for myself, and he apologized for what happened three years ago, (I did not ask, he offered to do my revision. ) That following week I tried to make another appointment, same thing happened all over again. I was told I was not welcome to the office. If this is how they deal with patients on a regular basis, then am surprised they have clientele. I am a normal woman, highly educated (I have a Bachelors Degree in Science), intelligent and friendly. At no time did I do anything that would be out of line or strange. I simply complained, very calmly and assertively, about a very crude office staff. If you’re looking for a fantastic doctor than use Dr. Shapiro, but I warn you his office staff is very unprofessional, and their high and mighty attitudes about themselves are an obvious delusion. Just because you work for a PS doesn’t make you special or give you merit to be cold. In fact you should be innate to have manners, couth, kindness, warmth, empathy all of the qualities one should possess when working for a doctor (especially the receptionist who is as old as my mother and should know better). Regardless, whatever you do, if you want to use Dr. Shapiro as your physician, do not complain about his unprofessional office staff; you will only be told not to come back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2820861].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 28, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Shapiro and his staff!!! He was extremely thorough and took his time to answer all my questions and concerns!!! He gave me realistic expectations and his staff is incredibly welcoming!!!! I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty done and I am extremely pleased with the results!!! I will refer anyone to him!!! I just cannot say enough good things about him or his staff!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I went with Dr. Shapiro after checking out his website. I liked the before and after photos, and he had a ton of positive reviews on many different sites. He’s a great surgeon – he told me the realistic outcomes of my procedure, and was honest about everything. I had the tummy tuck and mastopexy with augmentation. My results are amazing, they exceeded my expectations. I’ve already told all my friends and family about Dr. Shapiro and his great work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2540170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I had abdominal liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks about two months ago when a girlfriend introduced me to Dr. Shapiro. I couldn't ever lose the abdominal fat with exercise and Dr. Shapiro was able to reshape my body which I didn't even know could possibly be done. He is a very competent physician and very thorough. I am extremely happy with how it all turned out. I have no more rolls and I have a waist! I've never had a waist before and my buttock has some shape to it now, because it was flat before. The only negative was that I had the stomach flu about a week after the surgery which was pretty awful. I felt pretty weak from that but aside from that I haven’t had any problems. I’m a retired nurse practitioner and my husband is a physician, and from a medical standpoint everything went very smooth. It was not traumatic like I had envisioned it being. I highly recommend Dr. Shapiro for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Proceed with caution!!!!!! I had a non evasive laser procedure done at Dr Shapiro's office called a photo facial. I ended up with third degree burns on my face. Unfortunately I settled with the doctor out of court within a year of this procedure, for very small amount compared to the permanent scars on my face. I've been to numerous plastic surgeons and dermatologist since and nothing can be done to remove or even blend these scars. I learned a very valuable lesson the hard way check out who your using before undergoing any work this Doctor is rated as a top doctor and has a very high end facility. Do your homework before proceeding with any procedure!dermatologist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

Dr. Shapiro's staff was abrasive, I felt very un-welcomed. Dr. Shapiro himself spent about five minutes max with me. They were punctual and organized, but have zero people/ social skills.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][362960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I went for a breast CONSULTATION and left DR Shapiro's office feeling less than adequate. Most of the staff were cold and had quick fake smile. Dr Shapiro seem like a nice man but the impression i got was he did not want to deal with my case. Don't tell me i have beautiful a face but can't do anything "to make my breast match my face".OUCH! Hello, that's the reason why i'm getting an augmentation. he pretty brushed me off and then given some ridiculous quote that does not make sense. I've been to other docs.I can afford it but to just brush me off with "other fees" you can't explain in addition to your surgeon's fee is low and condescending! I was pretty much told i will be charged too much cos they service high end customers. Then referred to another doctor who "specialized" in the type of augmentation I wanted which was fair. No effort was put into getting me in contact with so called doc. good business means putting people you can't help with someone who can. NO KNOWLEDGE SHOWN!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][362962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

I had VASER HiDef of abs, flanks, back, and chest plus fat transfer to my chest to create the pecks definition. Had the surgery a year ago, good result but not great. Contacted Dr. Shapiro about my concerns, he agreed to do my revision for FREE! I had to pay the surgical center and the anesthesiologist fees that's all. We scheduled my revision surgery 15 months from the first surgery to allow complete healing from the original surgery. I'm excited to see my revision results! Dr. Shapiro is professional and pays attention to your needs and details. I'm a medical professional as well and I know a great doctor when I see/work with one. Go to Shapiro, you won't regret it. I'll be having Shapiro to do my fiancée's surgery as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][362959].votes_count ]]