Rate Dr. Carl P. Giordano

Dr. Carl P. Giordano's Ratings

I'm very confident with Dr Giordano's abilities as a surgeon. He is caring and compassionate. My only concerns are that he does not believe in pain medication and physical therapy. His office staff could use some sensitivity training when it comes to dealing with patients who have chronic pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

I had a great result with Dr Giordano. Back to full activities

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

My experience with Dr Giordano was terrible. My situation was a Workers Compensation case and he treated it as such. I was seen by Dr Giordano five times, four of which he suggested surgery for my lower back disc herniation along with extreme leg pain and numbness in my right foot. Upon my fifth visit, I somehow became miraculously healed and was returned to work. Bare I mind that Dr Giordano never once mentioned to me that I was to return to work. What he did was dictate to the W/C insurance company that I was fit to return to work without my knowledge. Obviously he is playing the roll of puppet for the W/C insurance company to receive easy earnings. My complaints of pain fell on deaf ears as Dr Giordano offered no alternative treatment ( Pain Management). At the point I found I was to return to work I placed a call to his office requesting to speak with the doctor, in an attempt to clarify the situation. What I got in return was the most rude, nasty and unprofessional woman who was speaking for him. When I asked numerous times to speak with the doctor this staff member proceeded to tell me I was not in any discomfort and pain. I once again asked her if I may speak with the doctor, because she was not a doctor and was not helping me, she hung up the phone. Clearly Dr Giordano and his staff are unprofessional and act as if a Workers Compensation case is not worthy of their time or effort. In summary, if any individual is sent to see Dr. Giordano for and injury that occurred at work, be prepared to be treated like a second rate citizen. Dr Giordano is more concerned with the guaranteed money from Workers Compensation Insurance than the well being of certain patients he took an oath to treat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

The guy has no morality or work ethic. Apparently he only looks to get paid by workmans compensation insurance. I have 2 herniated discs and one bulging (diagnosed by 2 different specialists), I was told to go back to work and that it's a sprain (yeah right for 8 months). Aweful experience! !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

The doc was ok he looked at my cd and found three herniated disks in my neck. He gave some medecine and that was it. I then reinjured myself at work, I went back to dr. Giordano and he put out of work for a while about a month. So to be honest my experince with him was ok at best. My biggest problem was with the staff they were so unprofessional I couldn't believe it. They made me feel as though my injuries were not real they even went as far as to laugh at me. When i told them that i wanted to speak to the doctor they would not let me. I tried to keep my cool as much as i could and i told them i was going to report them to the medical ethics board. I guess thats how they treat patients on workmans comp. I dont know. Anyway needless to say i will never go back to that place ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I can't praise Doctor Giordano enough. This is the second time he has given me my life back! He is knowledgeable and compassionate; he has a wonderful bedside manner. Other doctors should model themselves after him! He diagnosed the problem and told me he could fix it. His confidence was very reassuring. The result of the operation was exactly as he stated. I'm now able to resume living without excruciating pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

What a terrible experience. I have seen a total of 6 surgeons for my back, the first five recommended huge surgeries and I was looking for something other than a fusion and I was excited to hear he did great work on disks. I have had 8 MRI's... yes 8 MRI's on my back and another 5 consultations&have been told I have 5-7 herniated disks. This doctor before even looking at anything look at ME and told me I am fine because I'm 23. He told me I didn't need surgery and all of my tests are incorrect (Including an EMG I had showing nerve damage) and this guy by looking just at ME, not my tests, tells me I don't need anything. I told him to review my MRI's anyway. He left the room for less than 60 seconds and came back and told me I don't have a single herniated disk. I do not think he looked at the tests I brought in, all the computers in the office were DOS, I doubt he was even able to pull up the results. Front desk rude, I have 2 insurance they made me pay out of pocket anyway.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

Covered by Workmans Comp dont expect to be treated well. The office staff is rude. His staff attitude like you are bothering them.I never waited less that 30 min then brought into the exam room only to wait another 20 min. The post op exams were always quick. His notes were geared towards Workmans Comp and what they wanted to hear NOT what was going on with me as to where i was having symptoms. He wrote things in the paperwork that went to workmans comp saying I said things that i never said!! I was shocked at the last visit after I told him how much pain i was in and it was different than presurgery, but he released me from his care with out any restrictions?? wtf I told him I had trouble walking, sitting, standing, stairs....he said...you have to learn to live with the pain...i was back to see him in 4 months almost in tears. I was to see him a number of times with the same reactionsThree years later the problem he ignored is Sacroiliac dyfunction and i now need a hip replacement !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Dr. Giordano is extremely knowledeable and fully addressed all my concerns about my surgery. Surgery was 6 weeks ago and my health is so much better now. He did a laminectomy, put in titanium rods and screws, and bone graphs. He is an excellent surgeon and would highly recommend him to friends and family. Morristown Medical Center was an excellent experience also. All nurses and aids were extremely attentive and helpful. I was in there for 4 days because of drains from the surgery were not ready to be removed. They made my stay very comfortable. Dr. Giordano checked on my progress daily at the hospital until I was discharged. He has a great bedside manner and is very approachable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2012

Dr. Giordano recently removed 2 herniated disc's from my neck. I could not be happier with the way the office visit, surgery and postsurgery appointments went. Dr. Giordano called me the night before my surgery and even showed up 30 minutes early to the surgery center to greet my husband and me. The entire staff at Franklin Surgical Center was so wonderful and caring. And, Dr. Giordano is the best. He's extremely intelligent, so friendly and most importantly, very capable. I am so thrilled I chose to have this surgery and even more elated with the choice I made in having Dr. Giordano as my surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105284].votes_count ]]