Rate Dr. Phillip Park

Dr. Phillip Park's Ratings

Dr. Park performed a "mobilization of right stapes suprastructure" to my right ear Sept 2009. I had been deaf in that ear for as long as I could remember. Within one week I could hear as good out of that ear as the other one! I have been thrilled with having my hearing restored and no need of a hearing aid at the age of 73. Was VERY happy with the staff and Dr Park (and Bart). They were all so kind and helpful. Am VERY thankful to have had their care. Also performed a tonsillectomy on my grandson when other professionals left him to suffer with repeated infections. He's the best in my opinion!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

There are very few doctors in the world that are great at everything. Dr. Park was the second ENT that I saw for the same problem (the first felt like a waste of time). The diagnosis was the same, I had otoschlerosis and I could wear hearing aids or have a stepedotomy. I found Dr. Park's South office to be beautiful, comfortable and modern. His staff were incredibly warm and although this does not describe Dr. Park, he was professional and clearly explained what was wrong and how to fix it. I had no problem consenting immediately to surgery with this man. There is a reason why his surgery schedule is booked until 2012. For those who did not rate their appointment favorably, they should consider that bed-side manner and surgical competence rarely occur together. Pick a G.P. with patience and great listening skills, pick your surgeon with talent and a steady hand. Thanks to Dr. Park, I can hear normally again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

I was told by someone else for 7 months my vertigo problems and hearing loss were from my jaw and was sent to spend $1000's at the recommended Dentist. I then saw Dr Parks and I was correctly diagnosed, and had surgery a few months after. The vertigo is completely gone, pain mostly gone, and my hearing is better in the surgery ear than my other one! The only thing I would say is to have more info on what to expect after surgery in regards to symptoms of healing and expected length (what is "typically normal"). I was a high maintenance, and panicky patient and he and the staff were very patient. He also answered all my questions that I had put together pre and post-op. I would trust Dr Parks to discern between TMJ and ear issues that need to be addressed. After 3 months the resulting tinnitus is quieter than the first post-op 6 weeks, and any lingering differences after surgery are well worth the increase in quality of life. If there ever are other problems I would go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

I would definitely not recommend this doctor. After my unsuccessful ear surgery I developed extremely loud ringing in my ears that has not gone away. He had no explanation as to why the surgery was not successful and told me that I would just have to learn to live with the ringing in my ears. He ruined my hearing and as I result I now wear hearing aids in both ears and still cope with ringing in both ears that at times drives me crazy. He displayed no sensitivity and/or no remorse for the failed surgery. I would not trust this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Poor communicator, poor bedside manner, abrupt, short with patients, fails to answer questions, failed to communicate risks of surgery, comes across as arrogant and as if you are wasting his time. Will be seeking another ENT referral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

Nice, friendly staff, but crass doctor. He didn't care to give me the time of day, didn't answer my questions. I don't know why some people feel the need to increase their seemed importance by dismissing others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2010

I waited a long time to see Dr. Park, and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed! His staff were very friendly and helpful. My questions were all answered, and I know I'm in good hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

I waited 8 months for my son to see Dr. Park, and at the very last minute his appointment got cancelled (for legitimate reasons). Trying to re-book was an absolute nightmare!!! The receptionist was so rude and didn't try to understand my circumstances and work it takes me to re-book. She made me feel like i should be grateful for even getting an appointment and that i was inconviencing her! I felt very insulted by her remarks and tone! I won't be re-booking with this office ever!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2010

He performed a cochlear implant surgery for the very first time on me. I also happened to be the first person in Calgary to get it done. He did an amazing job. He definitely changed my life! I am glad to hear other people having successful surgeries from him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

received a cochlear implant. surgery and activation was 100% sucessful! I wish I could get a second implant!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1166288].votes_count ]]