Rate Dr. Phillip Park

Dr. Phillip Park's Ratings

There are very few doctors in the world that are great at everything. Dr. Park was the second ENT that I saw for the same problem (the first felt like a waste of time). The diagnosis was the same, I had otoschlerosis and I could wear hearing aids or have a stepedotomy. I found Dr. Park's South office to be beautiful, comfortable and modern. His staff were incredibly warm and although this does not describe Dr. Park, he was professional and clearly explained what was wrong and how to fix it. I had no problem consenting immediately to surgery with this man. There is a reason why his surgery schedule is booked until 2012. For those who did not rate their appointment favorably, they should consider that bed-side manner and surgical competence rarely occur together. Pick a G.P. with patience and great listening skills, pick your surgeon with talent and a steady hand. Thanks to Dr. Park, I can hear normally again.

Submitted May 30, 2011 | flag

I was told by someone else for 7 months my vertigo problems and hearing loss were from my jaw and was sent to spend $1000's at the recommended Dentist. I then saw Dr Parks and I was correctly diagnosed, and had surgery a few months after. The vertigo is completely gone, pain mostly gone, and my hearing is better in the surgery ear than my other one! The only thing I would say is to have more info on what to expect after surgery in regards to symptoms of healing and expected length (what is "typically normal"). I was a high maintenance, and panicky patient and he and the staff were very patient. He also answered all my questions that I had put together pre and post-op. I would trust Dr Parks to discern between TMJ and ear issues that need to be addressed. After 3 months the resulting tinnitus is quieter than the first post-op 6 weeks, and any lingering differences after surgery are well worth the increase in quality of life. If there ever are other problems I would go back.

Submitted April 17, 2011 | flag

I would definitely not recommend this doctor. After my unsuccessful ear surgery I developed extremely loud ringing in my ears that has not gone away. He had no explanation as to why the surgery was not successful and told me that I would just have to learn to live with the ringing in my ears. He ruined my hearing and as I result I now wear hearing aids in both ears and still cope with ringing in both ears that at times drives me crazy. He displayed no sensitivity and/or no remorse for the failed surgery. I would not trust this guy.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

Poor communicator, poor bedside manner, abrupt, short with patients, fails to answer questions, failed to communicate risks of surgery, comes across as arrogant and as if you are wasting his time. Will be seeking another ENT referral.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

Nice, friendly staff, but crass doctor. He didn't care to give me the time of day, didn't answer my questions. I don't know why some people feel the need to increase their seemed importance by dismissing others.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2010 | flag

I waited a long time to see Dr. Park, and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed! His staff were very friendly and helpful. My questions were all answered, and I know I'm in good hands!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2010 | flag

I waited 8 months for my son to see Dr. Park, and at the very last minute his appointment got cancelled (for legitimate reasons). Trying to re-book was an absolute nightmare!!! The receptionist was so rude and didn't try to understand my circumstances and work it takes me to re-book. She made me feel like i should be grateful for even getting an appointment and that i was inconviencing her! I felt very insulted by her remarks and tone! I won't be re-booking with this office ever!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2010 | flag

He performed a cochlear implant surgery for the very first time on me. I also happened to be the first person in Calgary to get it done. He did an amazing job. He definitely changed my life! I am glad to hear other people having successful surgeries from him!

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag

received a cochlear implant. surgery and activation was 100% sucessful! I wish I could get a second implant!

Submitted April 14, 2010 | flag

Dr Park Is a great surgeon..I was told by 2 specialist in B.C that I would never regain my hearing and I would have to live with it and hearing aids...I was only 34 at the time and did not have a hearing problem from birth it happened fairly suddenly so was quite upsetting to think that I could not get help for it...I decided to get a second opinion in Alberta and lucky for me I was referred to DR Park.. first thing he asked me was why I waited to get this surgery (stapedectomy) we have been doing it for many years..needless to say he operated on one ear a year or so ago and 3 weeks ago the other..My hearing is back.. my hearing aid is put away for hopefully a few decades... I found Dr Park to be very Professional..and there was never a question asked that he could not or would not answer...So thanks again Dr Park Job well done Louise Beaulac

Submitted Oct. 7, 2009 | flag