Dr. Anthony Cook

Rate Dr. Anthony Cook

Dr. Anthony Cook's Ratings

Dr. Cook has been following my son's kidney issues since he's been born. As soon as we arrive for our appointments he's ready to see us and if always prepared. I get the impression he reviews the patient's charts quickly before hand as he always knows our history and the details even tho he sees a lot of patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Dr. Cook is an amazing person- genuinely kind. I've been a patient of his for 6+ months now. He takes the time to listen to you and explain things in a calm manner. He cares about his patients and goes above and beyond in treating them. If you have him as a urologist you are in great hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

One of the best physicians we have ever seen. He has tremendous compassion and really cares about his patients, often going above and beyond the regular care level to fix a problem or deal with a concern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. Cook and his team were great with my son. My son's condition was caught later than most and as such he was quite nervous when we arrived at the hospital. The staff in pre-op were unbelievable they had him smiling in no time. The surgery was quick and his recovery well lets just say if you didn't know that my child had, had surgery you would have never guessed it. He amazed the recovery room nurses and everyone else. Thanks Dr. Cook

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Dr. Cook was very understanding and helped us through the most difficult time in our lives. Our daughter was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Dr. Cook was amazing with our son. He explained his condition and rally involved us in the explanation. The staff there at the children's hospital all wonderful. They are truly blessings from God.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr .Cook was amazing with our 12 month old son. He was great at the initial consult answering all our questions as well as the day of our sons surgery. The whole process was quite painless, and we could not have asked for a more professional, knowledgeable doctor. Feel at ease knowing you are in very capable hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

My son had to have surgery on his testes at 16 months old. They said he testes were retractile, meaning they came down but did not stay down. Our meeting and interaction with Dr. Cook was amazing. He answered all our questions, eased our fears and ensured us that if we had any questions all we had to do was call. So sure enough a flood of questions came to us after the shock wore off that our perfect little boy was to have surgery. Dr.Cook called us back that same day.
On the day of surgery he was again super friendly, calm & confident. The added bonus that he does all his surgeries since there is not a resident program in Calgary so no junior surgeon was going to dissect our son. Our boy was in and out in 45 mins and recovery was not all that bad.
If you have been requested to see Dr. Cook count yourself fortunate, you are in great hands.
My only complaint is that he can talk a little fast so If you don't understand him just tell him so, he'll understand!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I have an on going kidney stone issue that I have recently been seeing Dr. Cook for. I have had the removal surgery previously by Dr. Kawakami earlier this year (who was an excellent urologist aswell). But I had to go in again to get one removed and I ended up with Dr. Cook. He is amazing, him and his staff made me feel very comfortable- chatting and laughing- while lying on surgical table waiting to be put under. I have met with him and had an ultrasound since then- he just takes a while to get back to you like after surgery or after results are given back to him- VERY busy guy!! But I completely understand. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone having problems. He is easy to talk to and ask questions. He also doesn't jump right into surgery as a remedy- which I really do appreciate- especially having this surgery twice in the last 6 months. I feel confident that he will make the best decision to help me with my current problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr.Cook is the best urologist by FAR. I was born with kidney complications and saw couple urologist before Dr.Cook and they dragged my situation down for 4 years and didn’t even consider a surgery, until I was referred to DR.Cook. He scheduled the surgery quick, explained the during procedure and after surgery. Everything went perfect and I never have kidney problems. I strongly recommend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169507].votes_count ]]