Dr. Anthony Cook

Rate Dr. Anthony Cook

Dr. Anthony Cook's Ratings

Dr. Cook was amazing with our son. He explained his condition and rally involved us in the explanation. The staff there at the children's hospital all wonderful. They are truly blessings from God.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr .Cook was amazing with our 12 month old son. He was great at the initial consult answering all our questions as well as the day of our sons surgery. The whole process was quite painless, and we could not have asked for a more professional, knowledgeable doctor. Feel at ease knowing you are in very capable hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

My son had to have surgery on his testes at 16 months old. They said he testes were retractile, meaning they came down but did not stay down. Our meeting and interaction with Dr. Cook was amazing. He answered all our questions, eased our fears and ensured us that if we had any questions all we had to do was call. So sure enough a flood of questions came to us after the shock wore off that our perfect little boy was to have surgery. Dr.Cook called us back that same day.
On the day of surgery he was again super friendly, calm & confident. The added bonus that he does all his surgeries since there is not a resident program in Calgary so no junior surgeon was going to dissect our son. Our boy was in and out in 45 mins and recovery was not all that bad.
If you have been requested to see Dr. Cook count yourself fortunate, you are in great hands.
My only complaint is that he can talk a little fast so If you don't understand him just tell him so, he'll understand!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I have an on going kidney stone issue that I have recently been seeing Dr. Cook for. I have had the removal surgery previously by Dr. Kawakami earlier this year (who was an excellent urologist aswell). But I had to go in again to get one removed and I ended up with Dr. Cook. He is amazing, him and his staff made me feel very comfortable- chatting and laughing- while lying on surgical table waiting to be put under. I have met with him and had an ultrasound since then- he just takes a while to get back to you like after surgery or after results are given back to him- VERY busy guy!! But I completely understand. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone having problems. He is easy to talk to and ask questions. He also doesn't jump right into surgery as a remedy- which I really do appreciate- especially having this surgery twice in the last 6 months. I feel confident that he will make the best decision to help me with my current problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr.Cook is the best urologist by FAR. I was born with kidney complications and saw couple urologist before Dr.Cook and they dragged my situation down for 4 years and didn’t even consider a surgery, until I was referred to DR.Cook. He scheduled the surgery quick, explained the during procedure and after surgery. Everything went perfect and I never have kidney problems. I strongly recommend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

Dr. Cook was great with our daughter. He made us all feel comfortable during a very difficult time in our lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

Dr. Cook treated our two sons. He did an amazing job and was extremely caring

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

He never even turned his head to acknowledge my daughter and then he says that she has to basically suck it up and deal with it because there didn't look to be anything wrong with her plumbing. My daughter left in tears because he didn't even offer an suggestions. What a waste of taxpayer money this hospital is? I thought they were supposed to help kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

I found Dr. Cook to be extremely helpful and polite. He is very professional and made my son very comfortable. It did a great job on the surgery and his follow up was good. He also made us feel comfortable that we could call him with any questions at any time. I would highly recommend Dr. Cook

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr.Cook was simply amazing. The thought of our young son having surgery was very frightening for us. He made us feel very at ease. When I phoned his office with a question he personally called me back and talked with me. I knew our son was in good hands and never for a minute questioned his abilities. We would deal with him again in a heartbeat. Thank you Dr.Cook!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1169502].votes_count ]]