Rate Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo

Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo's Ratings

My 17 year old daughter had an MRI Image that indicated Chiari Malformation Type I, although her symptoms were far from typical. Instead of the characteristic headache, her symptoms began with syncope. She randomly passed out whether standing, sitting, or lying down. She had vertigo, blurred vision, nausea, numbness, tingling, and impaired motor skills long before the headache set in. She was evaluated by a cardiologist, ENT specialist, and several neurologists and neurosurgeons at UC Davis Medical Center, at Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, and at other hospitals in the Sacramento area. Several specialists were certain that her symptoms were stress related and had a psychological basis, and many did not question this prior evaluation, or even attempt an independent analysis of her condition. Until our meeting with Dr. Ciricillo, my daughter felt doomed to a life of constant pain and impairment in which she could not go anywhere alone for fear of passing out, and often had to use a walker to navigate without falling. After a thorough examination and interview, he stated my daughter was a prime candidate for decompression surgery. He explained why her symptoms were variable, options for surgery, and how the surgery would be accomplished. I had tears of joy when my daughter awoke in the recovery room, and after a year of constant pain stated, “My headache is gone!” All of her symptoms vanished immediately, and in the six-months following she has her life back on track for high school graduation and a promising future as a young adult in college. The entire team was accommodating, and supportive, and informative. When my daughter danced into the office for her post-op follow-up, she was met with a round of applause.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. Ciricillo is fantastic. He and Rosemary Forester are quite a team.

Our daughter has Dandy Walker variant and has had a few very serious complications on top of a fairly uncommon diagnosis. Rosemary can be pretty straight forward with some of the bad news we've had to come to terms with, in the long run it is appreciated and gives us clear goals. She is always happy to see us and can be pretty funny when the situation permits. Dr. Ciricillo is always polite, cheery and seems to genuinely love his role. I credit his team and our network of doctors with saving our daughters life three times before she was four months old. Our daughter is progressing and living a much fuller life under his and his staff's care. Thank you Dr. Ciricillo, Rosemary and staff you truly are fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

My 6 year old son has an arachnoid cyst. Dr Ciricillo recommended surgery. After the surgery, Dr Ciricillo said it went well. However, my son has never been the same since the surgery. We told Dr. Ciricillo about him having cognitive problems and poor fine motor skills. He denied it had anything to do with the surgery. My wife asked him if an arachnoid cyst could cause cognitive problems. He said "No". She asked him if a space occupying lesion could cause cognitive problems. He said "Yes". She asked if an arachnoid cyst is a space occupying lesion. He said "Yes". He cut the conversation off at that point and left the room. His circular talk was suspicious. We never got explanation out of him. The cyst barely shrank. That shouldn't make a Dr turn and run unless something was wrong. Consider waiting until your child is several years older before you do this surgery. The sensitive, formative years may be a dangerous time for surgery and medicines like anesthetics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Dr. Ciricillo and Rosemary Forester were awesome. My 87 year old Grandfather had to have surjery to remove a brain tumor. He was out of the hospital in 3 days. Now he is back to his young self. The care and concern we received from the staff before and after the surgery was excellent. We truly thank God for the wonderful Neurosurgery team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

Dr. Ciricillo saved my son's life last Monday 9/24 by performing brain surgery to remove a tumor. My son recovered and was sent home 3 days later-an incredible story of which I attribute a large portion to Dr. Ciricillo. Very thorough, very nice, put us at ease. Thank God for Dr. Ciricillo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2012

I've had 2 surgeries with him and he by far is the worst surgeon I have ever encountered, his PA Rosemary Forester is horrible I can't stand her. Everytime I had a surgery with him I was admitted back into the hospital for 1 to 2 weeks from complications because he kept screwing up. I have had 2 brain surgeries now and 5 spinal cord surgeries by him cause he kept screwing up. I would never recommend him as a neurosurgeon for anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

If there is a single person in the world who can be called a hero, it would be Dr. Ciricillo. A God among Neurosurgeons, Dr. C will be praised in our home forever. His skills and knowledge gave our 16 year old daughter back her life. One month after surgery, she's a vibrant, chatty normal teenage girl with the confidence that she can now do anything she wants in life, thanks to the hands of the greatest surgeon we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Enough can't be said about him, his humor, whit, compassion, and skills are above the rest. Thank you Dr. Ciricillo, you are our Superman.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1170075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2011

My 4 month old daughter was referred to Dr. Ciricillo for possible craniosynostosis. We were able to get an appointment relatively quickly (2 weeks from the initial referral) with his PA, Rosemary Forster. Unlike the previous reviews, I was very happy with her. She took her time talking with us, even though she was running late because of an emergency. She explained what she was looking for during the exam and ruled out craniosynostosis. I would absolutely recommend her to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170074].votes_count ]]