Rate Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo

Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo's Ratings

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

My 6 year old son has an arachnoid cyst. Dr Ciricillo recommended surgery. After the surgery, Dr Ciricillo said it went well. However, my son has never been the same since the surgery. We told Dr. Ciricillo about him having cognitive problems and poor fine motor skills. He denied it had anything to do with the surgery. My wife asked him if an arachnoid cyst could cause cognitive problems. He said "No". She asked him if a space occupying lesion could cause cognitive problems. He said "Yes". She asked if an arachnoid cyst is a space occupying lesion. He said "Yes". He cut the conversation off at that point and left the room. His circular talk was suspicious. We never got explanation out of him. The cyst barely shrank. That shouldn't make a Dr turn and run unless something was wrong. Consider waiting until your child is several years older before you do this surgery. The sensitive, formative years may be a dangerous time for surgery and medicines like anesthetics.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ciricillo and Rosemary Forester were awesome. My 87 year old Grandfather had to have surjery to remove a brain tumor. He was out of the hospital in 3 days. Now he is back to his young self. The care and concern we received from the staff before and after the surgery was excellent. We truly thank God for the wonderful Neurosurgery team!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Ciricillo saved my son's life last Monday 9/24 by performing brain surgery to remove a tumor. My son recovered and was sent home 3 days later-an incredible story of which I attribute a large portion to Dr. Ciricillo. Very thorough, very nice, put us at ease. Thank God for Dr. Ciricillo.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2012 | flag

I've had 2 surgeries with him and he by far is the worst surgeon I have ever encountered, his PA Rosemary Forester is horrible I can't stand her. Everytime I had a surgery with him I was admitted back into the hospital for 1 to 2 weeks from complications because he kept screwing up. I have had 2 brain surgeries now and 5 spinal cord surgeries by him cause he kept screwing up. I would never recommend him as a neurosurgeon for anybody.

Submitted July 31, 2012 | flag

If there is a single person in the world who can be called a hero, it would be Dr. Ciricillo. A God among Neurosurgeons, Dr. C will be praised in our home forever. His skills and knowledge gave our 16 year old daughter back her life. One month after surgery, she's a vibrant, chatty normal teenage girl with the confidence that she can now do anything she wants in life, thanks to the hands of the greatest surgeon we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Enough can't be said about him, his humor, whit, compassion, and skills are above the rest. Thank you Dr. Ciricillo, you are our Superman.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

Submitted Oct. 2, 2011 | flag

My 4 month old daughter was referred to Dr. Ciricillo for possible craniosynostosis. We were able to get an appointment relatively quickly (2 weeks from the initial referral) with his PA, Rosemary Forster. Unlike the previous reviews, I was very happy with her. She took her time talking with us, even though she was running late because of an emergency. She explained what she was looking for during the exam and ruled out craniosynostosis. I would absolutely recommend her to others.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Ciricillo for my 2 year olds Craniosynostosis. We were told by our pediatrician that there was a very good chance that our son would not need surgery, and our visit was just to be sure there wasn’t pressure on his brain. We never actually saw Dr. Ciricillo, we saw his PA Rosemary Forester. She was awful! She walked in the room and told us our son is a classic case and needs surgery, no other options! I asked her why, and she said so kids don’t make fun of him in school! Dr. Forester refused to discuss if there were other options. She said “I don’t know, people come here for surgery, and everyone with this condition gets surgery.” I asked her if my son had pressure on his brain and she told me she “didn’t check for pressure”! Also, I asked Forester when I could see the Dr. she told us we could meet with him the day of surgery, or the day before!We got a second opinion, and our son has no reason, other than cosmetic for surgery!

Submitted May 7, 2011 | flag

this guy is my great- uncle i love him hes someone i look up to

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011 | flag