Rate Dr. Joel Gagnon

Dr. Joel Gagnon's Ratings

Dr. Gagnon was my uncle's surgeon for a very serious 7.5cm Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. We arrived at VGH at 7:00 in pain and he had the class 10 surgery at midnight. He said the aneurysm was very thin and wouldn't have lasted 48 hours. Kind and honest doctor. A credit to the profession. Cannot say thank you enough for saving my uncles life.

Submitted May 25, 2014 | flag

He is amazing...simply amazing. Dont let his quiet french accent throw you...he knows what he is talking about! He speaks to you as an equal and not just another patient in the system. He takes the time to listen and takes even longer to discuss the options. He is patient, kind, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommended him...he is the kind of Doctor you can only hope for to look after you or a loved one. His secretary, Carol is also very helpful! She was welcoming and was able to coordinate a follow up appointment around my schedule. Thanks Carol!

Submitted March 14, 2014 | flag

I have had two surgeries from two other surgeons who made a mess of my arteries from there so called surgical skills and caused me so much pain and discomfort. I met Dr. Gagnon in 2009 in the emergency ward at VGH as I was having blood clots from the previous surgeries. He told me I was going to have to have surgery to repair the clot that day. He was very comforting to me as i was very nervous with what was going on. He did the surgery on me that night at 2:00 am .He came to see me the next day and said he removed the clot but the artery was damaged and would need a new bye pass. T'll make a long story short, he has done the replacement a year after I had the clot and and as of Dec 2012 has replaced and repaired everything that the other two doctors make a complete mess of . I owe my life to Dr. Gagnon Thank you Dr. Gagnon

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag

Great Doctor, Brave enough to operate on me over two years ago. Unfortunately I split the staples and ended up looking nine months pregnant with a hernia. I have been waiting since then to have it fixed. I have lost every thing by thinking I could have an operation to correct this hernia. My home, my job, family, friends ect. I am not mobile. Now I am in pain every day. Calling and begging the surgeons who said they would help me. Spend most of my days in bed depressed. Dr. Gagnon said eight months ago that the system had failed me. There is no health care in this country any more. Please some one listen. I am desperate and don't know how much longer I can hold on. [email protected]

Submitted Feb. 13, 2013 | flag

He is very kind and a great surgeon and will take the time to explain things to you. I agree about the receptionist though. Very rude and acts like she is doing you a favour by booking an appointment. Needs better phone manners or a better attitude.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag

I have been with Dr.Gagnon for 2 years and highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2012 | flag

Wonderful surgeon and very informative. The secretary in his office is very rude and it is almost a chore for her to speak to you and make an appointment. She needs to be more polite on the phone and in the office

Submitted July 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gagnon responded to my mother's emergency surgery with excellence. The follow up visit was very helpful and he showed great kindness as well. He is very knowledgeable and informative. His secretary has a bad attitude and acts as if she is doing his patients a favor by doing her job! Not good!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

Very personable, took the time to educate me and discuss options - very thorough.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2011 | flag

Good surgeon. Bad Dr. friends. His recommendation to manightti was a poor choice.....

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag