Rate Dr. Joel Gagnon

Dr. Joel Gagnon's Ratings

Staff is rude. that is all i can say. Won't go back to see Dr. Gagnon as secretary treats me like I am not important. If something happens to me, I blame her. If you want to be treated with no respect, then call her as she will treat you like you do not matter. I hope they fire her and find someone better with caring personality. I know everyone says that she is amazing but when you talk to her on the phone, she is really not pleasant to talk to. Who would rank her "5 STARS"? if there were a section for the worse secretary, she would be names one of them. Good lucks guys.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Love this Dr! He is so good at making you feel calm and answers all questions before and after surgeries. I had two done in less than two weeks by his wonderful team! I am thrilled with the results and can't thank them enough for everything! Carol is amazing so accommodating to me because I come from out of town she manages to fit me in so I don't have to stay an extra night in a hotel I highly recommend this Dr for any vascular issues!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Made me feel at ease ,really helpful explaining so I would understand what he would be operating on ,nurse carol really kind and just a nice person...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I was online seeing reviews on Dr. Gagnon. I saw that he had really good review. I realized that he also runs a private clinic called the EVA clinic where he treats veins. I have veins on my leg and saw one of his collegue, Dr. Liu and his nurse, Betty who were extremely professional and easy to speak to and was able to answer all my questions. They did not put any pressures on me to do any thing I didn't want to do. Great people.
When I walked in to the office, i saw a lady in bright red hair, a white tank top, seeing her black bra and flip flops. She was dressed extremely unprofessional making the office looking really dirty and sloppy. She should not be wearing something like that and I am suprised that the doctor or nurse didn't say anyting. I believe her mom was there as well who was in another office. She was dressed appropraite but I thinkthat was the daughter that was helping us. She did not smile or greet us either. I am not sure why she is even sitting there if she isn't going to help us. Staff is very unprofessional. Other than than that, eveyryone was gret.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr. Gagnon was my uncle's surgeon for a very serious 7.5cm Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. We arrived at VGH at 7:00 in pain and he had the class 10 surgery at midnight. He said the aneurysm was very thin and wouldn't have lasted 48 hours. Kind and honest doctor. A credit to the profession. Cannot say thank you enough for saving my uncles life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

He is amazing...simply amazing. Dont let his quiet french accent throw you...he knows what he is talking about! He speaks to you as an equal and not just another patient in the system. He takes the time to listen and takes even longer to discuss the options. He is patient, kind, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommended him...he is the kind of Doctor you can only hope for to look after you or a loved one. His secretary, Carol is also very helpful! She was welcoming and was able to coordinate a follow up appointment around my schedule. Thanks Carol!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

I have had two surgeries from two other surgeons who made a mess of my arteries from there so called surgical skills and caused me so much pain and discomfort. I met Dr. Gagnon in 2009 in the emergency ward at VGH as I was having blood clots from the previous surgeries. He told me I was going to have to have surgery to repair the clot that day. He was very comforting to me as i was very nervous with what was going on. He did the surgery on me that night at 2:00 am .He came to see me the next day and said he removed the clot but the artery was damaged and would need a new bye pass. T'll make a long story short, he has done the replacement a year after I had the clot and and as of Dec 2012 has replaced and repaired everything that the other two doctors make a complete mess of . I owe my life to Dr. Gagnon Thank you Dr. Gagnon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Great Doctor, Brave enough to operate on me over two years ago. Unfortunately I split the staples and ended up looking nine months pregnant with a hernia. I have been waiting since then to have it fixed. I have lost every thing by thinking I could have an operation to correct this hernia. My home, my job, family, friends ect. I am not mobile. Now I am in pain every day. Calling and begging the surgeons who said they would help me. Spend most of my days in bed depressed. Dr. Gagnon said eight months ago that the system had failed me. There is no health care in this country any more. Please some one listen. I am desperate and don't know how much longer I can hold on. vallerye@shaw.ca

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

He is very kind and a great surgeon and will take the time to explain things to you. I agree about the receptionist though. Very rude and acts like she is doing you a favour by booking an appointment. Needs better phone manners or a better attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

I have been with Dr.Gagnon for 2 years and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363300].votes_count ]]