Rate Dr. Jose De Lara

Dr. Jose De Lara's Ratings

Very friendly and comforting. Can rush patients questions and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr. De Lara was wonderful. Always took time to answer questions and explain things. Although you knew he was busy, he took time for you. He was also very courteous and polite. I was fortunate that he was able to deliver the baby. And when it came time, he really took control of the delivery and staff which made me feel really comfortable that he had the entire situation in control (cord wrapped around baby's neck). My husband really appreciated that Dr. De Lara took control in the delivery room and was so confident. Thank you Dr. De Lara for your care!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr De Lara is a very knowledgable and caring doctor. It was a pleasure to consult with him during the weeks leading up to my delivery.. Only had to wait a few times for an expended period of time. (Which the staff were always great to inform me of when I called ahead) My sons heart rate was lost midway during my labor, Dr D was in my room within SECONDS to assess the situation and make the call for an emergency c-section. Then to a moment to make sure I was okay and told me everything would be ok.. My son was born half an hour later in the OR. He was so crooked in the birth canal that they struggled even with forceps to get him out! But they did and we now have a very healthy young boy! I am so grateful to Dr D and can not imagine anyone not having great things to say about this man. During my hospital stay it was evident that he is VERY committed to his work and patients. At my 6 week checkup yesterday he remembered us distinctly and was kind and courteous, as usual. He discussed how my next pregnancy/delivery would be left in my hands in terms of how I choose to deliver. He will always give you a straight up honest answer and always willing to offer a bit of humor, too! We will definitely be going with Dr De Lara for any future children. He is like a member of our extended family now! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr DeLara is a very caring and compassionate doctor. Despite his very busy schedule, which is apparent by the wait time in his waiting room, he always took the time to answer our questions and would stay in the room until we were satisfied with the answers. It is very apparent that Dr DeLara is passionate about his work. We will definitely go back for our subsequent children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Very difficult doctor to get in and see. He books multiple patients at the same time and has no plan for rescheduling patients when he has to leave for deliveries. I waited 8 weeks for an appointment only to be told I would have to wait another 5 for the rescheduled appointment. His staff is great but he needs to pay attention to how many clients he takes on if he wants to treat them all as they deserve.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

If you are wanting a natural birth or a VBAC this is not the doctor for you! Prepare to be laughed at, talked down to and unable to make your own decisions. Also watch out for scare tactics. If you must see this doctor and you are wanting an unmedicated birth or VBAC then arm yourself with reputable research and be willing to fight for what you want. This doctor told me that my child and I would die if I even attempted a VBAC but here I am with my daughter who is healthy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Dr. DeLara has delivered both of my babies. He is professional, yet funny and warm. He has helped me make educated decisions in both of my pregnancies, and been honest about the outcomes. In the delivery room he was great with advice and I felt like I was in good hands. He is vey thorough and tracked my hypothyroidism much more closely than my family doctor. If we have a third we will definitely have Dr. Delara again. The only down side is the wait is often long in his office, however, it is because he took on another OB's clients when they suddenly closed their office down. You are in good hands with this OB!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Dr.Delara is a fantastic doctor. He is always awesome with me & has a very good natured sense of humor. Had some good laughs that's 4 sure. He answered all my questions even if some seemed a bit silly, he still found a way 2 answer them. Dr.Delara delivered both my babys & I'm so glad he did. U can trust him with ur life & babys life. His staff in hospital is awesome as well. But the girl in the afternoon at his office is very rude & ignorant, honestly I hope 2 never see her again. As 4 Dr.Delara I would recommend him 2 every women out there that is having a baby. If I have another baby I will 4 sure b going going back 2 see Dr. Delara. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

As soon as I entered the waiting room all I could feel was negativity. The staff was so grouchy and acted like I was inconveniencing them just by being there. I waited an hour and a half which is fine any dr is like this, but then this dr wouldn't even take the time to hardly speak to me. He was friendly enough until I said I wanted a natural birth at which point he laughed in my face. (This is not my first child). Needless to say this man will not be delivering my baby. Disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2533202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. Delara is amazing! He was always so kind and always helpful in answering my questions. He was also supportive of my vbac, he was amazing during my labor delivery too, I was screaming and crying telling everybody off, and he kept his cool the entire time! I will defiantly want him to deliver my future babies. (:

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527429].votes_count ]]