You may also like

Rate Dr. Jose De Lara

Dr. Jose De Lara's Ratings

If you have 2.5 hours to wait in an office that is the size of a matchbook, this is the place for you. I find him very unprofessional, his staff is rude. He has no respect for people's time. A big part ofe thinks he has it out for me. I hope you all have a better experience than me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr D is an amazing person and an experienced Obgyn. I am on my third pregnancy with him and we love that he takes precaution with every little issue that I have- he never hesitates to send me for an ultrasound or give an antibiotic because he doesn't take risks. Very smart man- and a father himself. He gets it.
He is efficient and empathetic during the time of birth- he just becomes very patient and listens more than he talks which I love! I have always felt very comforted by him and had beautiful experiences as a result of his skill and personality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Most of the staff was great ladies in the front were fantastic. Wait time was awful sometimes. Was just treated as a number. I turned my own baby after a long period of ultrasounds and stress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. De Lara was the doctor on call when I had my son. I was induced 2 times before my water broke. Although standard procedure is that baby should be out within 24 hours to prevent infection, for some reason Dr. De Lara made me wait for over 30 hours before he even came to check on me. At that point, I had a fever, and infection had set in. My son was in danger at this point, with possible infection, and his heart rate started increasing, resulting in an emergency c-section. The operating room was a revolving door, with the doctor performing one c-section after another, apparently this is his preferred method of delivering babies. Because I was induced 3 times, and made to wait so long before anything was done, a lot of blood had collected in my uterus, which caused me to haemorrhage very badly during surgery. I was left very pale, weak, and completely unable to care for my newborn son. My red blood cell count was dangerously low, but for some reason, the doctor decided to not give me a blood transfusion. Even though I had a very difficult and traumatic delivery, I was discharged 2 days later (although I was still extremely weak and could not even walk down the hall without holding on to the support railing). One week later, I was in the emergency room due to extreme fatigue and dizziness due to lack of blood. All of this while trying to take care of a newborn. Terrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. De Lara delivered my baby boy emergency c section he was very comforting seeing as I only
Got to meet him 5 mins before the surgery. Over the next few days he checked up on me and made sure all my
Questions were answered! An amazing caring doctor and did a great job with the incision no infection and healing great!! My advice to other woman who have c sections keep it taped with paper tape for 6 months helps reduce scaring--advice
From a surgeon. Highly reccomend this doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

worth the wait! he is usually behind, but that is okay because I know it is because he runs across the street to deliver babies all day! could do it without him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I had a positive experience with him with my first born. Now that I am pregnant I considered going with another dr due to the crowded, stressful nature of his waiting room. But I have decided to go back to him because a really good dr is worth dealing with that. This time around I will be calling ahead before leaving for an appointment though. My only issue was the crowded room to wait in for sometimes 2 or 3 hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

Very friendly and comforting. Can rush patients questions and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr. De Lara was wonderful. Always took time to answer questions and explain things. Although you knew he was busy, he took time for you. He was also very courteous and polite. I was fortunate that he was able to deliver the baby. And when it came time, he really took control of the delivery and staff which made me feel really comfortable that he had the entire situation in control (cord wrapped around baby's neck). My husband really appreciated that Dr. De Lara took control in the delivery room and was so confident. Thank you Dr. De Lara for your care!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Dr De Lara is a very knowledgable and caring doctor. It was a pleasure to consult with him during the weeks leading up to my delivery.. Only had to wait a few times for an expended period of time. (Which the staff were always great to inform me of when I called ahead) My sons heart rate was lost midway during my labor, Dr D was in my room within SECONDS to assess the situation and make the call for an emergency c-section. Then to a moment to make sure I was okay and told me everything would be ok.. My son was born half an hour later in the OR. He was so crooked in the birth canal that they struggled even with forceps to get him out! But they did and we now have a very healthy young boy! I am so grateful to Dr D and can not imagine anyone not having great things to say about this man. During my hospital stay it was evident that he is VERY committed to his work and patients. At my 6 week checkup yesterday he remembered us distinctly and was kind and courteous, as usual. He discussed how my next pregnancy/delivery would be left in my hands in terms of how I choose to deliver. He will always give you a straight up honest answer and always willing to offer a bit of humor, too! We will definitely be going with Dr De Lara for any future children. He is like a member of our extended family now! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650132].votes_count ]]