Rate Dr. Daniel Birch

Dr. Daniel Birch's Ratings

Dr. Birch is a top notch surgeon and I would recommend him. He answers your questions and has excellent manners when handling his patients.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

I have had two previous surgeries for an incisional hernia. I was not happy with the care I received or the results. It took a long time to get in to see Dr Birch but I feel it was worth the wait. My hernia was so big it required an abdominal wall reconstruction. He was professional and caring. I appreciated him making me feel like I was not deformed anymore. There is a chance that this could happen again and unlike with the other times I would definitely return to Dr Birch. The attempt to improve the scaring and the bellybutton was worth more than you can know. Thank you Jacki

Submitted Dec. 13, 2013 | flag

I am an active 70 year old male that had bilateral reducible inguinal hernias of about 7 years standing. I determined that I wanted them repaired laproscopically. Dr. D. Birch did the repair. Everything went well from start to finish. Repair done on June 20th,2013. No pain killers required. It's now six weeks post-op and I am back to being fully active now. No limitations whatsoever. Thank you Dr. Birch! Thanks also to the staff at R.A.H.. Stacy,Stan,Diane,Christine,Maria,Marlene,Judy,Hilda,Marc and numerous others that contributed to my well being.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

Like all the other reviews-I felt soo lucky to have him as my doc.After a successful surgery gastric sleeve operation in Mexico-I developed a leak. After 2 stents were installed, numerous tests for leaks,5 weeks in Royal Alex, 3 drains installed and many visits to see Dr. Birch, the dedication to my health was above what I expected. It was a 6 month long haul, but today I am healthy-diabetes, high BP, and cholesterol all normal. And down 85 lbs. If you are reading this Dr. Birch, I didn't get a chance to say Thank You!

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

The best. I needed to have a major hiatal hernia repaired. Another surgeon would have needed to cut me open but referred me to Dr Birch. He operated laproscopically with six tiny incisions, no pain after surgery and 100% success. Thank you, Dr Birch!

Submitted July 21, 2012 | flag

I had complications following gastric bypass surgery ( with another surgeon).I ended up in the ER and had to have another emergency surgery which Dr.Birch did and he took over my care because my original surgeon was no where to be found. He was very professional, caring and explained everything to me. Post op he checked on my 2x daily, listened to all my concerns and was generally a very nice guy. I would highly recommend Dr.Birch to anyone considering WLS. He saved my life!!!

Submitted July 21, 2012 | flag

One of the best surgeons in Edmonton and I owe this man my life. Polite, to the point, and skilled. I great mentor to other young surgeons coming up the rank. Edmonton, we are lucky to have someone of this calibre in our city. Alberta Health, are you listening?

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Birch saved my life... plain and simple. He was amazing as we traveled down a path of gastric bypass that had not been previously traveled by any other patient - a leak in an area that had never been seen. Dr. Birch took the time to explain to me what was happening to me and assure me that in time I would heal. He has been an amazing Doctor to me and without him and his amazing staff in the Weightwise Clinic, I know that I would not be here now.

Submitted April 19, 2010 | flag