Rate Dr. Michael Mandl

Dr. Michael Mandl's Ratings

I discovered Dr. Mandl 2 weeks before he retired ... he's the top rated allergist in Vancouver and now no longer in practice. So sad! He was excellent. Others should follow his example - he listened and took my concerns and theories seriously - none of this "if I can't test for it it doesn't exist/you're making it up/you're hypochondriac" arrogant nonsense. We need more Dr. Mandls!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Mandl is the best doctor I have had bar none. I went from contstant inhalers to none. I know what it is like to feel normal and not constantly feel unwell due to my allergies. I wish I knew where he was doing locums or if anyone practices in a similar manner. He was so helpful to my children as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

This man is a true gem. Smart, funny, caring. Takes the time to figure out what's wrong. Made major changes in my life, that stick with me to the very present. Starting seein him almost 20 yers ago. A true loss for patients that he has "retired".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2012

This man is a gem. He is now retired but he has helped me and my family tremendously. My mother saw him once and he diagnosed her chronic cough which she had endured for 40 years when others could not figure it out. He is one of those few specialists who actually took the time to figure you out regardless of how long it took and obviously cared in the process. He personally answered the office phone at times which was kinda fun !! and would always return calls. Enjoy your dog walking and your lovely wife - you deserve every moment of your retirement, as you said "its been fun!". Thankyou :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

While I found Dr. Mandl very knowledgeable on the subject matter of chemical sensitivities, on which he is quite expert, and my experience with him was educational, interesting and overall good, apart from unnecessary testing for things I told him were not an issue for me, his subsequent reports were in part a bit surprising, talking about things that had nothing to do with my problem I went to him for as if they did. I was very frustrated with a lack of real diagnosis but more so because of a lack of explanation as to why this was so, as I have met others with lesser symptoms than mine who have been officially diagnosed. I did find him very personable and knowledgeable, but my experience with him has left me very frustrated. I do have to say that he always responded to my queries. I am going to have to seek a second opinion from another allergist experienced with chemical intolerance in the environment because of the above.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

I am so glad I got to meet the infamous Dr. Mandl and his wife they are two totally wonderful people. Unfortunatley he is retiring in March but and despite just getting the opportunity to figure out what my issues were it has restored my faith that there are people that can help you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

Solid. Have been going to him for over 10 years, and keep going back because he's amazing. I went from being on oral steroids and a nebulizer, to being able to comfortably run half-marathons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

changed my families lives, diagnosed my mother with corn allergies and she was no longer sick all the time, my brother with milk allergies made him easier to live with. diagnosed my milk allergy and my belly no longer hurts everyday.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Mandl identified my allergies to dairy AND beef when no-one else had. Removing those from my diet made a huge difference at the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Mandl helped me 15 years ago when no one else could. I'm back and he is as helpful as before

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][363880].votes_count ]]