Rate Dr. Wendy Y. Chang

Dr. Wendy Y. Chang's Ratings

Dr. Chang made the impossible possible. She gave me the greatest gift in the world. She went above and beyond for my family and I can't say enough great things about her. I can't thank her enough for being not only an amazing doctor but an even better person. I would recommend her to anyone. I love Dr. Chang. She changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

The positive "5555" ratings on here are not-well-disguised paid-for PR control. My wife and I went to Dr. Chang and were treated like machines being built by a robot (Dr. Chang). Don't trust those positive reviews that follow other negative reviews and respond to the concerns directly. She needs a less obvious reputation defender. After two failed attempts and no compassion, we went to another doctor who actually cared about us more than the money - or maybe her statistics are what is important to her. Either way, she couldn't have cared less for my wife's well-being. With all the stress of infertility, the last thing you need is a doc like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2477820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I switched to Dr Chang after a so-so experience with another fertility doctor and have been BEYOND pleased with my experience! She is not only professional and very well trained in her craft, but she is by far one of the most personable doctors I have ever worked with. She took it personally when I didn't conceive the first time, and went above and beyond to ensure that I would be able to have a baby- and it worked! She is a godsend and I feel truly blessed to have found her :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2477819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

If you have any hesitation about what your options are in terms of achieving the baby dream, look no further! Dr. Wendy Chang gave our family the most precious gift life has to offer. After failed fertility treatments with other doctors, we did one round of IVF with Dr. Chang & got pregnant! Our beautiful daughter was born in June of 2013. Dr. Chang is different than any other doctor you will EVER meet. Her research & expertise with infertility is just 1 reason she's amazing. She will listen to EVERY question you have w/out ever making you feel rushed. She makes you feel as important as 1 of her own family members. She works with you & tests you so thoroughly to find out what your BEST fertility options are. What sets her apart from everyone else is the heart she has in every single thing she does for her patients. She has a great passion for what she does & will do EVERYthing to help you have your baby. We are forever grateful to Wendy Chang for completing our lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Very unprofessional. They call other patients before you even though you signed in first. Inconvenient - have to travel 40 miles extra on weekends. High bills and no detail on invoice provided. Billing office hung up on me when I asked for detail. charged my credit card WITHOUT my authorization for undocumented fees. Unprofessional staff gossip and take personal calls while you wait. Not successful. pressure you into services. Painful ultrasound. Do not go here. Try anyone else. There are others here in Santa Barbara who are better, cheaper, kinder, and more convenient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

I am extremely satisfied with the care and treatment I have received from Dr. Chang. After many years treatments for infertility, I was tired and felt hopeless. Then I was referred to Dr. Chang. With the first try IVF treatment April 2012,we got a adorable boy, who is healthy and smart. Dr. Chang is very nice, knowledgeable, professional, and skillful. She is patient with all my concerns. She is also cultural sensitive. Also her physician assistant Jeanne is nice, responsible, and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Chang to those who is seeking help for infertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Chang is smart, but overscheduled and turnstile-like in her approach - in an office infrastrure supported by poor talent, she and her staff can be somewhat careless as a result. Lots of mistakes...medical ones. It was very stressful supervising her and her medical team to ensure they didn't make mistakes, and confidence-shaking when I caught their mistakes for them. IVF is pushed TOO aggressively. The doctors don't do their own ultrasounds, and instead rely on staffers of varying competencies, experience and training to do the job for them - to mixed results. The office always runs late. I left this practice after years of stress and poor results, much happier elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2012

It goes without saying that fertility treatments are a very emotional and personal experience. You need to have a fertility specialist and a team who you feel confident and comfortable with, because lets be honest you will spend a lot of time together. For me that team was Dr. Wendy Chang, her nurses and staff at SCRC. I honestly don't know how I would have made it through the experience without their support. Dr. Chang is very knowledgeable, detail oriented and compassionate. She takes time to discuss all treatment options and tailors a treatment plan that meets your needs and one that you are comfortable with. Dr. Chang and her staff are with you every step of the way and are always available to answer any questions you have. I honestly can not say enough good things about Dr. Chang. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a fertility specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2012

Dr. Chang is very kind and courteous, yet knowledgeable and professional. Yes, I think her big welcome smile is pretty well known! She always return her calls on the same day. At the office, she spent a lot of time with her patients. Dr. Chang always have our questions answered. She always make sure we are well taken care of with our medications and any necessary procedures. She even spent like two hours to thoroughly explain plans to us, way passed the office hours on a Friday afternoon. And that wasn't an initial consultation. She's the kind of doctor who I'll definitely recommend to others without a doubt!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Chang and her staff were great. Outside of having to wait longer than expected 1-2 times, I have absolutely no complaints. She is knowledgeable, caring and always follows up with a phone call. It was easy to schedule appointments when needed and the nurses were incredibly helpful and supportive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][364112].votes_count ]]