Rate Dr. Tristan Hembroff

Dr. Tristan Hembroff's Ratings

Absolutely one of the most wonderful physicians I have had. He is extremely professional and very helpful. He is a very caring man.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2012 | flag

1st impressions count. Biased and opinionated. Late. Brings his computer with him and an attitude. Failed to call me regarding blood results. Left his practice without notifying me. Waste of time. People can preach all they want about him, but honestly there are way better doctors out there.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

Submitted Nov. 29, 2010 | flag

What a find - non-judgemental, knowledgeable, patient centered,caring, listens well, positive atttitude, and so very handsome. So sad he is moving back to Alberta.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

Once again I'm searching for a Doctor after hearing that Dr. Hembroff is leaving. I took me 6 years to secure a family doctor. 6 years of visiting clinics and missed diagnosis, 6 years of hearing from clinics " you really need to get a family doctor". I'm sure there must be a pressing reason for him to leave, like the fact our healthcare system in BC sucks. Thanks Gordo, I put the blame squarely on you and your henchmen for desimatting our healthcare system in BC.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2010 | flag

I'm also in the boat of having spent the past 2 years trying to find a physician, finally being accepted into Dr. Hembroff's practice (scheduled next week for my first physical in over 3 years) only to find that he's closing his practice. I don't know his reasons for leaving, but this province is in serious need of dependable doctors to take over the practices of all the retiring boomers and evidently there's absolutely no incentive to attract or keep new doctors here.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

I cannot believe after all my efforts to seek a G.P.which has taken a great deal of effort/time and frustration that this doctor is leaving!??I feel let down and most disappointed.I did feel I had someone in this doctor who did care and would be there for me!!I have been without a G.P. for a long time and now what???It is his right to leave I guess but he has wasted my time and others` as well.We all must begin all over again which is most frustrating!!Where do we all go now??

Submitted Nov. 14, 2010 | flag

OMG. I can not believe he is leaving to go back to Alberta. I thought I wouldnt have to worry now that I had found such a great doctor. I am hoping he has someone just as good coming in and doesnt just close the doors.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2010 | flag

I've seen Dr. Hembroff for about 5 visits now and the care has been uneven. I'm in my 30s but I have a complicated medical history and I'm on a number of medications. I think alot of the problems can be put down to the pressures of a new practice. He doesn't have the time to read past history, new specialist reports, and test results so the appointment can be really disjointed as he's trying to read while you talk. I have better luck scheduling multiple appointments so I can cover more items. As well, he is new to Victoria and doesn't have relationships yet with the better specialists, so if you do want to see someone in particular make sure you request them. I think for the average person looking for a basic GP then he is fine. For now I'll stay with him and hope he starts to know my case over time. He is no longer taking new patients, so maybe things will calm down and he'll have more time to devote to his patients.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2010 | flag

OK, I'm the only negative comment on this list. After talking to a friend on my experiences since that appointment, she encouraged me to change my rating. My first appt. wasn't glowing and friendly as I stated but I've been back twice now and am MORE than thrilled. I've suffered for the last 18 months with terrible tingly sensations in my hands and feet. It was like my feet and hands were asleep with pins and needles. That is a terrible situation to be walking around with, especially when I use my hands for my work, for my music and for life in general. Dr. Hembroff put me on a very old medication that he *thought might* work for me. Lo and Behold..... we still don't know what is causing it but he's working with me one step at a time. I'm sooooo glad I went back to see if that first appointment really was a bad day. Seems like it was and we all have those every once in a while. Thankfully, we have Dr. Hembroff in Victoria.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2010 | flag