Rate Dr. Sheila Laredo

Dr. Sheila Laredo's Ratings

Dr. Laredo is in a legaue of her own! She cares about her patients and their well being and even though you sometimes wait long before seeing the doctor she does not rush through her appointment and takes the time to explain things. Would not want to see any other doctor!

Submitted March 7, 2014 | flag

Saw Dr Laredo for gland issue; waited 6 months for that appoitment and waited for her over 1 hour on that day, she came in with an intern and a resident. the resident explained my issue to her, the conversation was between the resident, Dr Laredo and the intern. She didn't even speak to me or look at me. she was explaining all the different scenarios to them that don't even apply to me. it was like being in a classroom and she was teaching her students and she forgot that i was the patient and in the room. she didn't ask if i had any questions and told me to come back in 6 months. the resident also didn't give me any feedback. great teacher - lousy dr to patient. i interrupted their conversation and she replied back to them, as if i wasn't in the room. what a waste of my time. i'm glad ohip paid for the appoitment and not me.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Laredo is the best doctor. Knowledgeable, caring and excellent staff. I feel so lucky to have been connected to her services. if you're looking for a fabulous Endocrinolgist, try to get in with her. You will thank your lucky stars! She found out the problem I was having straight away, and put me on the right path to fix it. She is one of the most compassionate people I've ever met -- just a wonderful experience.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2013 | flag

You couldn't possibly be in better hands. Dr. Laredo is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable and concerned for her patients' wellbeing. I'm so grateful to be in her care.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Laredo is an amazing doctor. I wish all medical professionals would take the time and effort she does to get to the bottom of a medical issue. She answers all of my questions and never leaves me feeling uninformed. Her staff is also very well trained and polite. I would recommend her any day. I wish her all the best in her new role on the board of directors.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

I had mixed up the time of my initial appt with Dr Laredo, but she and her staff were nice enough to accommodate me instead of asking me to come back later. I'm very grateful for that! I must have spent at least an hour at that appt seeing the nurse, the resident doctor and Dr Laredo herself. They were all very detailed and helpful. Answered all my questions and patiently explained my medical issue. I'd never had such a thorough doctor's appointment before. Dr Laredo is very, very smart and knowledgeable in her field, and seems to be very self-confident, which I think is extremely important. I am ecstatic that I was able to get her as my specialist.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

It's true what others are saying: Dr. Laredo is a fantastic doctor. She was dedicated to getting to the bottom of my medical issue and discovered a small hormone imbalance that could have huge implications for my future children. I would also like to complement her on her wardrobe (which is irrelevant to this forum, but it should be noted that her shoes are fierce). And nurse Anka is seriously the most competent and caring nurse I have ever met...she followed up with my questions in great detail and in a very timely manner. Why can't more healthcare professionals be like these two?!?!

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

I love Dr. Laredo! Not only is she one of the warmest people I have met, but she is caring and smart and completely up to date with her information. She has gone completely out of her way for me in the past and always made sure I was well cared for. Her nurse Anca is awsome as well, as well as the girls at the front desk.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Laredo is a personable and knowledgeable doctor who seems up-to-date on the latest research and practice guidelines. One of the few doctors I have been to that is truly "evidence-based". Happy to have her.

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag

This is the first close to "perfect" doctor I have been to see in Toronto. I went to see her regarding my PCOS. Dr Laredo is very knowledgable and took the time to listen to my entire history. She is caring and had lots of helpful advice. I love that she didn't insist on drugs to "fix" my issue. I am so happy to be her patient!

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag