Rate Dr. Shu Foong

Dr. Shu Foong's Ratings

We are still at the investigative stage with testing and we can firmly say Dr Foong knows her stuff, is extremely thorough and took time to explain things to us. The whole process is an overload of information so it's easy to see how it can be overwhelming to some. Ask lots of questions and Dr Foong or her nurses will give you answers. Dr Foong is working with us to exhaust possibilities for less invasive options than IVF and seems to be very ethical. We have a long road ahead but pleased so far with our care and treatment.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Foong is by far the best fertility doctor. I feel sad to hear all of the mixed messages below. It sounds like because they didn't get their information straight, they blame the doctor. She can't help you lose weight in order to be more fertile, she can't get you to eat properly, she can't get you to stop drinking, smoking or having caffeine. So most of the burden lies on YOUR shoulders in helping your fertility situation. However she is the very very best at applying modern medicine's bag of tricks to get your body to respond and conceive. She is thorough and moves fast when needed. She'll hear your concerns and work with you to provide the program that's best for you. But you need to ask questions if you don't understand and you ABSOLUTELY need to read her rates of success. They are BY FAR, the best in Canada. I don't appreciate a doctor who jokes around, Dr Foong has a very professional presence and does her best to be your medical specialist. You won't find a psychologist in her, she is a fertility doctor.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

My husband and I worked with Dr. Foong in trying to conceive, and I can very firmly state that it is due to her diligence and knowledge that we now have two beautiful children. She is extremely conscientious, provides excellent counsel and was with us every step of the way. We were so lucky to have her on our side. I can understand why others have been negative here - infertility is such an emotional rollercoaster. However, I hope they can see that for them, there may have been other issues at play and that Dr. Foong should not be blamed. She is outstanding and should be recognized as such.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

hi , I am patient of dr. foong and i had a very bad experiance ..am ttc for 3 years now although I have a 4 year old and I got pregnant naturally. I did all the tests and was all fine except for the HSG #1 She said left is blocked and right is partialy blocked. HSG#2 dr, greene did it he said left id OPEN and right completly closed I was like ok , maybe the HSG opened the blocked one but then i decided doing IUI i called for appointment and the surprise was the the nurse called back saying hey ur 2 tubes are open ..I was like what? am so comfused she said thats whats written in ur report ..I was like the dr who did told me right away that i ONLY have one good...she didn't like what am saying and didn't bother to ask dr, foong and they didn't even bother to call say hey ur 2 tubes are open or anyhting ..i am the one who called saying I wanna book IUI and thats how I KNEW.....sO DEPRESSING especialy when ur doing this to someone struggeling to concieve and already frustrated.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2012 | flag

We have been patients of Dr. Foong for nearly a year now, and I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about her! She has been nothing but professional, understanding, and always willing to listen. Not once did she even push the idea of IVF until it was a last resort. She told us all of our options, and various treatments, and was completely honest that some of the treatments would be a waste of money & may not work. Dr. Foong is always there when we’ve had questions or problems – I ran into a bad situation on my med cycle, and she personally checked in with me to see if I was ok. We will recommend her to anyone going through fertility treatments – We feel SO lucky to have a Dr that is so well educated, personable and caring!

Submitted May 16, 2012 | flag

I love Dr. Foong and have nothing bad to say about her. She worked with us trying to get pregnant for six years right up until we tried IVF which worked - 20 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins. We are very thankful for Dr. Foong. She was gentle, knowledgeable, understanding, and guided us through what we needed to do.

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

We were not impressed the two times that we saw her. We drove a distance to see her as well. My Gyno did not forward our charts to her before the appt as expected, and without having our SA, HSG results, lab results she immediately told us the only option was IVF. Really??? When we told her that it wasn't an option for us,she very quickly went through IUI as an option but discouraged us and continued to encourage IVF. She didnt give us a chance to ask questions and sent her nurse in to talk. We were confused. She sent me for a ultrasound to check follicles and when she saw me again told me to do IVF even though my ultrasound showed normal #'s for follicles. Then she put me on clomid unmonitored and didnt check me for ovulation or cysts or anything. In our opinion she only seems to care about getting the cash and stats from IVF patients. I have not been back, and if I do I will be asking for another doctor. The experience was very discouraging.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Foong is knowledgeable, explains things clearly in a calm way that I found very comforting. She helped us through fertility treatments and when we had trouble a few months later getting an OB referral she saw us again and helped us personally despite her busy schedule. This was above and beyond her duties as our fertility specialist - these experiences can be rare in our system today.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

I absolutely love Dr. Foong, she has saved my life twice I have walked into the clinic numerous times and each time Dr. Foong saw me and addressed all my concerns. I can walk into the clinic and she knows me by name not a number when I was in the hospital in ICU she stayed with me until my husband could get there. I can not say enough good about Dr. Foong

Submitted Oct. 9, 2011 | flag

she has been my doc since 2007..i went thorugh tubual pregnancy and 4 miscarriges and everytime she was with me...knowledgeable caring...she did ectra care for me...never lost hope even i lost 4 all from IVF...and now I have a son...and with my pregnancy she showed so much care till 16 weeks...i will be always indebted to her and the clinic...i will recommend anybody to her...

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag