Dr. Dustin Potiuk

Rate Dr. Dustin Potiuk

Dr. Dustin Potiuk's Ratings

Dr. Potiuk is a fantastic Dr. He is smart, current in his practice and information, and very open to including you in your own care plan. I have never felt judged or ignored. From annual paps to chronic conditions to foot pain, he treats everything with equal attention. If you are looking for a Dr. who will sugar coat or be overly sympathetic, he's probably not for you. He has been great with referrals to specialists, and always follows up with test results. He has a dry sense of humor (I find him very funny) that I think might catch people off guard, but he warms each time you see him. Dr. Potiuk is considerate, respectful, attentive, I feel lucky to have such a great Dr in Victoria! If you can get past a dry joke here or there, you will have access to a wonderful physician.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Potiuk is an excellent, and very thorough doctor. He is very professional, non-judgemental, and has a dry sense of humour. He has never said or done anything inappropriate, and is very discreet during pap smears, etc. He is very willing to refer to specialists if a complaint requires, even if it is relatively minor. I appreciate getting a reminder phone call from the staff when an appointment has been made in advance.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

an unmitigated arrogant,self-important, ignorant back end of a donkey...Nearly cost me my hearing because he refused to believe the information I brought into him from another professional on how to proceed.

Submitted April 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Potiuk is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is professional, courteous and refers you to a specialist, if you need one. I recently had my PAP done by Dr. Potiuk, and he was professional, gentle and quick. I love his sense of humour.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

Over the years we have found Dr. Potuik thorough, knowledgeable, and responsive whether we have had an urgent or long-term issue. As someone with complex issues, I appreciate his being upfront with assessments, timely treatments and he answers questions to the extent you want to know. He has made several referrals to specialists and we have received very good treatment both from him and from the specialists. An added bonus is that he works in a clinic whose staff are polite and caring and when he is not available, there are other great MDs who respond equally well. We have no hesitation in recommending him.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Such a rude and immature man. Don't ever get him to do your pap ... he takes 5x longer to do it than any other doctor and he makes innapropriate small talk while he's doing it! Horrible bedside manor!

Submitted Oct. 28, 2011 | flag

This doctor is one of the best I have ever had. He's helpful and takes people seriously.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

I found Dr. Potiuk to be very professional, very knowledgable and caring. I'm very happy to happy to have Dr. Potiuk as my family doctor.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2011 | flag

Horrible. As a new patient I was unable to make my first appt so I called to cancel. I then received a letter telling me that I had missed the appt and had to pay $50, even though I called to cancel a few days before my appt. I complained. My next appt I actually did miss, but it was the first genuinely forgotten visit, but never received the phone call reminder as requested due to a medication that severely affects my memory. After the one missed appt, I received a rude letter discharging me from his practice. I had made the appt in order to get off the medication that causes memory loss, but can cause seizures/death if discontinued. I needed to be monitored during the withdrawal. I have been taking these meds for far too long because his availability clashes with my work schedule (2 days/week). When I did see him regarding a nervous breakdown, he just said - oh dear - in a disinterested fashion. He wouldn't write a note to get me on disability. Made inappropriate jokes during PAP.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Potiuk for 1 1/2 years, to this day I hate to go see him, he is very rude. Does not explain a thing and can never look me in the eye if he has anything to say. I have severe medical conditions and need to find a new doctor. He basis his opinions off of old records and does not like to find the cause of the new issues. Anyways in my opinion DO NOT GET THIS DOCTOR unless you have the same cold, unhappy life he has then maybe you will get along with him.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag