Rate Dr. James R. Eskew

Dr. James R. Eskew's Ratings

Dr Eskew has the best personality of any doctor I've encountered. He performed a surgery on me after being referred by a friend of mine who also had a surgery done by him. Then, I referred my husband who had yet another successful surgery from him. Amazing doctor!! I will continue to refer friends and family to him for any ENT needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

Dr. Eskew fixed something that no other doctor knew there was a solution for. He was informed, communicative, and extremely effective. On the cutting edge medically but old school personally- the best combination.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Eskew embodies everything a doctor should be. He is extremely smart, knowledeable in his field, takes time with his patients, cares for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

Dr Eskew has been seeing my 12 year old daughter since she was born with a Cleft ip and Palate. She has had 9 pairs of tubes, and numerous surgeries that he has been a part of. He is the only physician on her laundry list of Dr's that I can honestly say I trust more than anything in the world. He has done amazing work on her, and continues to have the best, most caring attitude with her every time he see's her. He remembers things about her care w/o even looking in her chart and has ALWAYS provied the most amazing care for her. We were blessed with this wonderful Dr and have always felt this way about him. He does have a wait time in the waiting room but when you are the patient he is taking an hour with you forget how long you waited!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

After my ex-boyfriends dog ripped my ear from my skull Dr. Eskew stitched it back in place. I could not have asked for a better doctor and my ear is healing nicely after receiving 27 stitches. I also love his sense of humor =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr.Eskew is also the surgeon for my Uncle who has suffered thru Throat Cancer. He successfully treated him and he is cancer free now for 8 years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2010

Dr. Eskew is amazing. He looks like Yosemite Sam, but is a kind, caring person and a fine physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

I had heard these great things about Dr. Eskew, but his attitude was too superior for me. He also still looks at vocal cords with a mirror instead of using the modern scope. He completely misdiagnosed my vocal cord issue (treating me for acid reflux with increasing meds for three months) without caring that it wasn't working. I eventually found a specialist in San Antonio that knew I had spasmodic dysphonia. It is rare, but Dr. Eskew didn't seem to want to look any further than his first diagnosis and didn't listen when I said "nothing is improving."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2007

Simply one of the best. Excellent surgeon. Takes the time to explain things in detail. Good sense of humor to top it off. -steph

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2006

Dr. Eskew is the only ENT in Austin who knows about sinus problems. He is friendly, respectful and prompt. He helped me when countless other Doctors failed. I would never consider another ENT M.D. Austin is fortunate to have him and I appreciate his knowledge more than he will ever realize.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2105562].votes_count ]]