Rate Dr. Donald W. Anderson

Dr. Donald W. Anderson's Ratings

Dr. Don Anderson is a pro. A very skilled surgeon with top expertise. I had a cancerous laryngeal polyp removed early in 2014 and checked 6 months later ...all gone, thanks to
Dr. Anderson and I am totally impressed with the laser surgery method. He's the king. As
a teaching Doctor there are many learning from him and this bodes well for future patients who will need this assistance. I echo the sentiments of many others who owe their lives and
well-being to this fabulous Doctor! Staff are also very helpful and accommodative, and deserve a great deal of credit for their assistance in a difficult line of work!
Gotta love Don's humor, and totally admire the man! Thanks to all.
JEB Kelowna Oct/2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

After receiving false negative results from another ENT, my husband was referred to Dr. Anderson to have a neck lump removed. He knew right away something was wrong, performed another biopsy on the spot, rushed it down to the lab, and gave us the results two weeks later - cancer. He did an beautiful job with my husband's radical neck dissection (the scar is barely noticeable), and followed my husband throughout his recovery and post-cancer monitoring. Dr. Anderson literally saved my husband's life. We enjoy his offbeat humour and found him to be very kind and compassionate when the chips were down. He is an amazing doctor and surgeon, and we feel very fortunate indeed to have had him on our case.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1170967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Dr DW Andersen is one of the best surgeons. I was referred to him for a thyroid nodule and dr Andersen performed thyroid lobectomy surgery. Before the procedure I was nervous however dr Andersens expertise and funny sense of humour kept me at ease. He is a professional and knowledgeable doctor and kept me smiling with his witty jokes and awesome sense of humour during the entire experience. My surgery went well no complications and dr Andersen skillfully removed the benign tumour. DO NOT agree with any of the bad comments people have left, dr Andersen is an awesome doctor and person. I would definitely recommend doctor Andersen to others I actually like the guy more than any other doctor I have seen and I've seen a lot of doctors and surgeons for various things. Thanks again doctor Andersen words cannot explain my thanks and gratitude with the care you have provided for me you are an absolute master at what you do and I was lucky to have you as my surgeon! Thanks S.Jahanian 01/25/2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Anderson by Dr. Irvine due to a complicated tumor in my Parotid gland. Dr. Anderson was knowledgeable and informative from the first meeting he answered my questions and alleviated my fears with his humor. He performed my surgery skillfully and removed my benign tumor without any complication. My recover was quick. I'd recommend Dr. Anderson highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

I was in the hands of a master! I could fill this page with superlatives. Suffice to say Dr.Anderson lasered off a growth on my left vocal cord (9/12/13). Immediate return of my voice after braying like a donkey for two months. Extreme hoarseness gone. Zero post-op discomfort. Just a raging appetite. Pathology results on growth...BENIGN! Just as Dr. Anderson called it when he first scoped my throat the month before.Anyone in need of a highly skilled E.N.T. surgeon with a genial, caring demeanor, can thank their lucky stars if your family GP refers you to Dr. Don W. Anderson. HE IS THE VERY BEST! John Foster, White Rock, BC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

My husband Richard had the privilege of having Dr. Anderson perform his Parotid tumor surgery (benign) on April 25, 2013. From the initial diagnosis to surgery and post surgery consultations, we found Dr. Anderson to be very thorough, approachable, and receptive to our questions and his sense of humor is terrific! With his obvious skills in his profession, you can barely see the scar. If you are looking for an outstanding Surgeon, we would highly recommend Dr. Anderson and his Office / Operating Team, and would like to thank him from the bottom of our hearts for performing such a successful surgery. Many, Many Thanks, Richard & Ruth. 5+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

obviously knowledgeable and very skilled. this guy fixed my neck when 2 other ent's could not! never left a scar. front desk was very friendly and i got processed and into surgery faster than expected. i hear some people complain about bedside manner but i didn't have a problem and personally couldn't care about personality. people are so judgmental about health care professionals. though i must say he had an intern that though he was a bit of a hotshot... i give 5 stars to Dr A!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

My mother has stage IV lung cancer and was referred to Dr. Anderson by Dr. Shellenberg from Surrey Memorial Hospital. After he performed his examination on my mother, we questioned his bedside manner and professionalism. He made reference to a tissue, that was left by his last patient, as a "snot rag". After a brief discussion and deciding not to proceed with further treatment, he then proceeded to comment as we were leaving the examining room, "It is your fault you know". So my sister questioned what he meant by that comment and he replied, " If you would have died sooner, you would not have to deal with this!" I am the son that could not attend this examination, but thank God I did not, because if those comments were made in my presence Dr. Anderson would have been booking himself for jaw surgery that afternoon. This Dr. needs to be accountable for his inappropriate comments and put aside his God complex and perform his job in a professional manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

Very wonderful surgeon- performed neck surgery to remove a stone embedded in my jaw, incision is in crease of my neck, scar is healing very fast and will soon be practically invisible. In terms of letting me know what was going on, very clear, informative and kind. Very grateful to Dr Anderson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

I had my second surgery done by Don Anderson, Firstly i wish i was referred to him with my first surgery. Dr Don Anderson has friendly bedside manner and is on time for his appts and is VERY knowledgeable and clearly is the BEST in his profession. He did have a resident Dr with him for my surgery. They took incredible care of me when i woke from surgery my discomfort was limited and they came to see me in recovery and at the hospital to discharge me and were thorough in instructions for care and when i was to come back to the office his resident Dr was also great Dr Heartl (sp?).As my first surgery performed by a Dr Tsai he didnt leave any instructions for pain medication after surgery and discharged me from hospital via telephone and his bedside manner was for the birds and i had tremendous pain after this surgery done by him. Also, felt rushed in his appointment's. I would recommend Dr Anderson to anyone ever needing a ENT specialist. Thank you Dr Anderson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170960].votes_count ]]