Rate Dr. Ben Chew

Dr. Ben Chew's Ratings

Dr. Ben Chew is very knowledgeable and explains everything in detail. It was great seeing him today

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I was an outpatient and received Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) to eliminate my kidney stones. Dr Ben Chew, his professional team and the Vancouver General Hospital nurses, particularly Maureen and Rose, made my experience smooth sailing to a successful result. Dr Ben Chew is a dedicated professional and anyone under his care should pause to consider how fortunate they are.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Chew was great!, I only wish we have more doctors like him! I felt so lucky to have him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

A kidney stone was successfully removed by ureteroscopy, but lab analysis of the composition of the stone was not obtained, to the urologist's surprise. Because kidney stones can have completely different origins and composition, or a mixed composition, such information as to the type of stone can inform dietary choices (both composition and pH) to avoid recurrence, and can also assist in determining whether less invasive extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy is appropriate (cystine and certain types of calcium are difficult to treat with lithotripsy). Stones can have a mixed composition, and my urine analysis and x-rays gave conflicting pointers about uric acid, so the failure to obtain a stone analysis leaves me with no confirmed guidelines for future dietary or treatment options, except that I should drink lots of water - which interferes with sleeping for obvious reasons. Stones very commonly re-occur, so this is a worry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

I saw Dr. Chew today for a non functional kidney. He was right to the point,professional,informed and polite. I felt his advise was genuine and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

Dr. Chew is amazing!! Diagnosed me with a rare disorder after seeing many urologists for chronic pain and stones. I'm now pain free and I owe it to Dr. Chew. Phoned me at home with test results and a fantastic surgeon as well. Great caring Dr. who is willing to listen!! Thank you Dr. Chew!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2013

A very kind and caring doctor very knowledgabe. But he is too busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

A very Caring and knowledgeable doctor. He makes me feel that I am important to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I think Dr. Chew is very knowledgeable and kind. However after each kidney stone procedure I was discharged without knowing the results of the procedures. I feel I am being treated not very seriously. I need to know what to do next, if the stone is there or not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

What an incredible Doctor with a great bedside manner. He met me first for a consultation, and obviously understood my irrational fear of having a cystoscopy done. He answered all my questions and concerns. He treated me with dignity and respect disarming any awkwardness. This guy rocks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1170977].votes_count ]]