Dr. Martin Duffy

Rate Dr. Martin Duffy

Dr. Martin Duffy's Ratings

Dr Duffy was my surgeon for a TURP prostrate operation for BPH. Excellent surgeon. Knowledgeable, personal and very experienced. This he told me is his most common surgery which he performs approx. 100 times annually. You'll be in great hands if Dr Duffy is your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Great doctor - operated on me for prostate cancer - friendly, skilled, caring

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][367491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2011

Thank you Dr. Duffy for being so kind and knowledgeable. I appreciate his unassuming manner and genuine caring. Dr. Duffy removed my cancer and has followed me since. I would recommend him to anyone facing similar treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][367490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

he's awesome.dedicated to his work,spend time to talk to his pts.great teacher to his junior doctors/students too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2010

Generally he seemed nonchalant and lacking in sensitivity. For example, I was taken aback when he spoke about another patient of his somewhat disparagingly (though did not name patient) during my consultation. As for his skill as a surgeon, I am not convinced. I still have urinary incontinence two years after prostatectomy despite being in low risk group. This is disappointing when comparing the rates of post surgical continence to those in a variety published studies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2009

Front office staff a diaster to deal with. Duffy misdiagnosed my bladder issues, left me with nowhere to turn and cost me two years led time on treatment. I would definitely avoid him at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2009

He did a fantastic job with my lithotripsy, explaining everything beforehand and during the procedure. The follow-up was also great as he talked to me about all concerns related to kidney stone prevention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2009

My condition was bladder cancer, superficial, but aggressive as it turned out. Dr. Duffy has treated me for this over the past five years. He knew right away from the outset what the problem was from an ultrasound that my GP had ordered. I have undergone several TURBTs since 2004, plus many BCG treatments which are not comfortable, but I have always found Dr. Duffy to be thorough and very caring. I have also undergone a stent insertion due to blockage from my left kidney to my bladder, which might have been caused by scarring from the BCG treatments. Dr. Duffy sent me to the right people for this, and he will be removing the stent in the near future. I have full confidence in his abilities. I would recommend Dr. Duffy in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

"Mr." Duffy as I call him for I am from the UK where we call all of our surgeons Mr., was and continues to be, an important part of my ongoing urinology health care. I had a particular condition where my urine smelled like sundried tomatoes and pancake batter. I was quite rightfully ashamed however Mr Duffy immediately put me at ease and detailed the cause AND CURE for the condition all in the first few minutes of my consultation. I can finally go out again, dance and play bridge without being self-conscious that someone thinks I have been cooking Italian food and pannekoek all day long. Thank you Mr. Duffy for giving me my life back!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

He was technically superb during my lithotripsy procedure. Great hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][367483].votes_count ]]