Rate Dr. Betty Bartleman

Dr. Betty Bartleman's Ratings

We see Dr. Bartleman. She's amazing. Really thorough. She initially admitted our newborn to the hospital for "irritability," and we ended up being flown to BC Children's. We were so grateful that she saw the subtle symptoms. She is a bit blunt, and like all doctors doesn't really need 101 questions during a visit, but has a fantastic energy about her, and kept a keen interest in the welfare of our newborn boy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

Excellent doctor! Really good with our 2 year old. Took her time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

I have found DR Bartleman to be an awesome Dr she really knows how to deal with kids. I have two Kids that see her. She is the reason that My little girl is finally getting better. And my son is on his way to being diagnosed for his autism and My little girl has been diagnosed with celiac disease. Because she take the time to research things and keeps going till she finds the problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2013

She is by far the best Paeditrician in town. I like her alot and her staff are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Saw this Dr for my infant son in hospital. She took her time, consulted with a cardiologist, sat downt o really explain heart and lungs, and oxygen issues. Was very passionate about her work-describing therapy to help my son. Was very helpful and feel reassured she was looking after my son for most of the days he was in hospital

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1171890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

She has been very helpful and kind, answered all my questions no matter how many I had. My daughter loves her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2010

Great doctor, we saw her with our daughter in the ER, and she was to the point and very engaging with her little patient. Thourough and took the time to answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1171888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

Dr. Bartleman saved my daughters life right at birth. Our daughter had a stroke when she was born and Dr. Bartleman kept her alive as she stopped breathing for 7 minutes. She was rushed over to BC Childrens Hospital and was accessed and spent one week there. When we came back to Nanaimo General Hospital Dr. Bartleman followed her and as ever since she came. She is now 3 and Dr. Bartleman has been an amazing pediatrician. I think what people need to know is she is very straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. She is very focused, nevers rushes when you are in the office and is very imformative. We have been so thankful for her and would recommend her as a great pediatrication. She also used to work at BC Childrens Hospital and is very highly respected. Remember not every experience with doctors is always pleasant for one reason or another but know Dr. Bartlemen cares for our children and some! Keep up the great work Betty!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2010

I have also completely had it with my child's pediatrician in Nanaimo, Dr. Betty Bartleman, and the dietitian too. Obviously, The Canadian Celiac's Association pays them to make me feel bad about not joining. In fact, Dr. Bartleman made me put my child on a wheat diet before his biopsy (so his biopsy will come back positive) and made me watch my son be in extreme pain. A positive biopsy, she said, was needed before I could [pay to] join the Canadian Celiac's Association. I went to Vancouver, put my son in day surgery, feed him wheat, and for what? An email newsletter full of recipes? Hearing about the Oats debate in Europe? Seriously, I don't respect doctors or dietitians with hidden agendas. And because of the internet, The Canadian Celiac's Association is completely pointless. I wish I never put him through that process. And I'm done taking "Doctor's word" as absolute truths. She had terrible bedside demeanor, too. Dr B, If you're reading this, you know who I am, and we don't care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2009

She doesn't seem to care about parents concerns and can be quite rude and make one feel very belittled. She should realize that parents are concerned about their babies and try and allay their fears rather than laugh them off.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1171885].votes_count ]]