Rate Dr. Michael O'Donnel

Dr. Michael O'Donnel's Ratings

Love this guy. Excellent surgeon. Tells it like it is. You want a social director on a cruise ship? Go somewhere else. Want a eye surgeon - give Michael a call!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

My eight year old daughter has been a patient for four years!she is very comfortable with him and her first double eye surgery was better than expected with great recovery!have missed a couple appointments due to lack of communication with office staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. O'Donnel was on call when I had a very painful eye injury this past week. He told me he was "doing me a favour" by seeing me at all and I can't help but agree with many of the other reviewers that he has no social or people skills. I would even say he appears to enjoy your discomfort. I would never voluntarily visit this doctor but I believe he did an adequate job treating my eye even though he didn't ask me back for followup. I'll be very happy when this old school style of patronizing doctor is retired out of the medical field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

wonderful staff. This doctor failed to establish any rapport with me. I was there for a check up and he seemed irritated that I had wasted his time. I am middle aged with a family history of severe eye problems. I will not be returning!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.O'Donnel at least twice a year for over 10 years and highly recommend him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

My 77 year old Mother had eye surgery performed by Dr. O'Donnell this past April. I flew out from Calgary to be with her during this time. I found him to be so very rude to her, horrible bedside manners. I can't believe he would treat a senior like that and eye surgery alone is very scary and to behave that way with your patients is unacceptable. Now she is having trouble and can't see at all, and was told by his office, he wouldn't see her till the year is up. What kind of Doctor is that!?!?!? She now has to go have the surgery again as he obviously didn't do it correctly and have her other eye done too. I have told her that SHE IS NOT to have him touch her eyes again. So she has talked to her Doctor and is referred to someone else. I am still appalled at his treatment of my Mom and the lack of caring after the surgery. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

Dr. O'Donnell is great, but his office is so busy that the staff are often multi-tasking and distracted. However, the eye care is top notch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Very professional physician and excellent follow-up on medical conditions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Second cataract surgery done in complete comfort, as was the first. Once again, pre and post op visits were done in a friendly professional manner and Dr O'Donnell and his staff are to be commended. John

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369600].votes_count ]]